xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gta: Sa Coordinate Finder  (Read 230 times)

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
Gta: Sa Coordinate Finder
« on: June 10, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

This is a quick little app I whipped together when the game first came out for the PS2, and I thought I would share it with ya'll. If you click the left mouse button, it will bring up some extra options. The main purpose of this was to allow people to quickly explain exactly where something is within the game.

Unfortunately there wasn't much interest in it, so I stopped adding anything to it. If anyone is interested in gathering coordinates for different things, just send them my way and I'll add it to the list.

hxxp://ca.geocities.com/gtasanandreascoordfinder/

(change the 'hxxp' to 'http')

Cheers

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

Very well done. Maybe we can get a topic (pinned topic?) going listing the cooridinates of helpful locations in the game (hidden weapons, tags, etc.)...

wolf202

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

seems interesting, but by the time u fly most people are familar enough with the game to know here they are.

-wolf

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

yeah,... there's not a whole lot of use for it anymore - as everyone has a pretty good idea where things are now anyway. But it's still a handy tool if you're trying to explain to someone exactly where something is and need to pinpoint it.

I wasn't planning on doing anything else with it, but because I had originally built it when the PS2 version came out and still had it kicking around, I thought I would post it here in case some xbox junkies were interested in it.

wolf202

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

Thanks. I remember when Vice City first came out - it was such a cluster f*ck with so many threads about where to find this and where to find that. People would try to describe where something was, but they could never describe it very well (or the people looking for it were idiots), so there was always a ton of posts with people trying to get clarification and such on where something was.

I had originally built one for Vice City, but it was pretty simple (pretty much just had a list of coordinates as to where things were, and the coordinates where the cursor was located). One of the features someone had asked for was the ability to enter in the coordinates and have it automatically jump to that location. So when San Andreas came out, I decided to whip this together and add that feature to it.

Oh well,... doesn't matter. Like I said, I had it kicking around since the PS2 release, so I thought I would post it - just in case some xbox people were interested in it. Too little too late...   :)