xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gta: Sa Frame Rate Problems  (Read 297 times)

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
Gta: Sa Frame Rate Problems
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »

Not sure. If your clock is not set corectly set that, and delete the files in E:/cache, and also the ones in x, y and z. See if it performs any better after that, other than that, I have no idea.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

Iv'e not had these problems, because I have not played the game. I was merely advising you on what is known to me that may cause slowdown. Usually it's any of the above, as I have experienced it with other games from time to time. Other than that, I can't help.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

QUOTE($ony_sucks @ Jun 8 2005, 08:20 AM)
please i thank you for trying to help but at least play the game before you comment on it

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »

been playing for 4 hours now no frame rate probs here. ... sucky camera but no frame rate prob

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »

I've got no problem here.

And you are just an ass. He was trying to help you man, stop getting on his case for it.

$ony_sucks

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

how am i being an ass? i thanked him for trying to help so i dont see how you can say im being an ass. it seems peity is the only honest person here who doesnt think that god himself sent him down his xbox and modchip. really, whats with people saying certain games with frame rate problems are smooth? peity do you get the slight pauses?

piety

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

yes, it reminds me back in the days when i was playing GTAIII on the pc with not enough memmory. It's like someone push the pause/play button very fast once in a while.

$ony_sucks

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 06:49:00 AM »

thanks a bunch peity you really made my day (i know im a loser).

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »

Slowdown on the HD is usually down to either; Bad rip, dash settings or disc fragmentation.

Ok firstly rerip the disc, an original disc, to your HD using DVD2Xbox, HDDloader causes slowdown.

Next delete caches.

Next check your dash settings, if your using exox make sure TSR and IGR are disabled, if you are using another dash just turn everything off that uses up more ram.

Finally if that doesn't work reformat your F:/ drive as you probably have everything fragments making it hard to read therefore slowing down texture rendering.

If all else fails then just run it off the disc.

If all of that fails then it is unsolvable without a new xbox.
This is how I sorted out my HD slowdown probelms in the past. Good luck.

And no I haven't played the game as it hasn't been released in the Uk yet but I'm getting friday.

ZASADAR

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »

sonysucks your full of it lol   god im going to use that line one day not saying your full of it i just think your full of it

how big is your hard drive what version what kind of power suply

$ony_sucks

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

thanks ozy. to the other guy, yopu never heard someone say you're full of it? im gussing you'd love gamefaqs they all kinds of crap on the message boards

wolf202

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

yah i get fram rate issues when for exaple three cars blow up i'm shooting and the fire truck is hosing em down

sandstaorm and rain while doing other things have the same result it was slow and i tryed sniping i got it to LAG it jecrked and laged oh my poor xbox

-wolf

Neilor

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

The mission where you go up to the mountain to kill and photograph the snitch being protected by the Feds has the worst slowdown I've seen on the Xbox.

Try driving through the trees to get to the log cabin and you'll see what I mean.