xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rare Games?  (Read 307 times)

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
Rare Games?
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:28:00 AM »

I've written similar topic last year, but there is no answers...
http://forums.xbox-s...o...;p=4864866

Here you can find some examples:
http://blog.pricecha...xbox-games.html

Or just watch Ebay smile.gif

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Rare Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:40:00 AM »

I know this is an old thread  but worth pointing out there also certain Xbox games that are very rare in certain regions but not so much in others.

I have (PAL) Xbox Project Zero (aka Fatal Frame) and Project Zero II Director's Cut and neither were or are that rare. However (PAL) Xbox Syberia 1 allegedly exists but I've never seen a copy (maybe on Ebay) but (PAL) Xbox Syberia II was very common.

PAL Shadow of Memories (NTSC Shadow of Destiny) is very rare. Not many people want it because there are more NTSC copies available and plenty of the PS2 version, But when a PAL version it is put on Ebay the asking price is typically three times that of most PAL Xbox games.

Xbox Sniper Elite (badly flawed but still very entertaining game) was never rare in PAL regions. I have it myself and I think I saw a copy at CEX, a used game high street retailer, ony last week for <£5 ($7.50).

Steel Batallion: definitely rare and the dedicated controller still sells for stupid amounts.

Metal Wolf Chaos: genuinely rare Japanese (only?) NTSC Xbox game.

Rarest Xbox game I have is undoubtedly Myst 4: Revelation. Only released in the US and actually region free. Stupidly the publishers wouldn't admit that when I e-mailed their UK customer support. So I bought a chipped Xbox specifically to be able to play it and imported the game. Only, much later, did I find out it was region free and actually plays better on non-chipped Xboxes.

Nevertheless if it hadn't been for this I probably wouldn't have become interested in Xbox modding and be here at all.

bucko

• Recovered User
Rare Games?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ May 3 2013, 12:40 PM) View Post

Steel Batallion: definitely rare and the dedicated controller still sells for stupid amounts.

I tried the controller at a retro museum last year, I wanted one until I heard the price of it.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
Rare Games?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »

I recently started actually collecting xbox games (instead of consoles  laugh.gif) and I was starting to wonder if there were any actually "rare" or "collectible" games. I know that both of those terms are subjective, but I haven't been able to find any good information on this topic. Could somebody help shed some light on this subject?