xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question.. Should I Take My Xbox With Me?  (Read 212 times)

eetu

• Archived User
Quick Question.. Should I Take My Xbox With Me?
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

Hey guys well i live in Mexico at the moment.. i have my Halo Xbox modded iwth a 16gb HDD and Unleash as my main dash, also with tons of emus, games and xbmc as my primary source of entertainmet..

You see sinc ei got my xbox  some 7 years ago i discarded my tv's antenna or cable i stream everything.. play everything and ive spent a lot of time making the emulators run at 100% and with the fullset of games and extras.. also i have th ebest xbox game sin here.

Ok the question is.. im going to live in Spain now.. in  a lil bit more than a month im out of here. and im uncertain if i should take it with me i mean i  want to.. but hey everything in there is PAL right?.. im not sur eif i will be able to use it.. any ideas?

I also thought about just taking my HDD and put a stock hdd and sell it.. get to spain and fit my hdd in an european Xbox could i do that?.. the hting is that well i dont know how easy will be to get a modded xbox over there.. i dont think it would be hard but i dunno.

Over here i have my splinter cell and mem card ready to exploit but since the splinter cell game is ntsc is not going to work on an european xbox..:S damn.

So any suggestions?.. please help me out.

This post has been edited by eetu: May 9 2010, 05:21 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
Quick Question.. Should I Take My Xbox With Me?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

The big problem is the power supply. My understanding is that Mexico is 120V 60Hz so your Xbox probably has a 110V power supply, while in Spain the mains is 220V 50 Hz, and your Xbox PSU won't like that too much!

The easiest solution is to take your Xbox with you and buy a replacement PSU when you get to Spain. Before you leave, burn and test copies of Enigmah and Frosty's Rescue Disc to a DVD, so that if your new TV in Spain doesn't support NTSC you can blind switch your Xbox to PAL.

In addition you could backup the E and F partitions on your Xbox disk (I'd do that anyway - twice, to be on the safe side!), and use your current Xbox to put the PAL Splinter Cell gamesaves on your memory card. That way if you can't get a new PSU for your Halo Xbox then you can simply buy a 220V PAL Xbox and a used PAL Splinter Cell when you get to Spain, and mod it all over again. Once your new Xbox is modded you can install a new large disk, and copy the backups onto your new Xbox.