xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound But No Video  (Read 48 times)

majormojo

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« on: September 14, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

I know this topic is quite old, however, if anyone has an update to this, I would appreciate it.
I have an unmodded xbox which gives audio with no video with the standard a/v pack, but audio and video with the high def pack.
As i have said, this is an umodded machine, so it cannot run Enigmah video selector or anything.
Thanks

fry

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 09:51:00 AM »

ok got a wierd problem

few months ago i got the original TH3. Put it in and it loaded, but i wasnt getting any video all i could hear was the sound. Tried the disc in mates xbox and it worked fine - he works at a video store and brought his stores copy over - same thing, only sound no video. Sent my xbox away to MS and they "repaired" it - got it back and TH3 worked fine.

Now i have a modchip and got a "backup" copy of nfl blitz. Same thing happens, sound but no video. And again tried it in mates xbox who now has modchip too and it worked fine.

So anyone got any idea how i could fix this - i cant very well send my box into MS now saying "this copied game doesnt work in my modded xbox" now can i :P

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (fry @ Oct 31 2002, 01:45 PM)
ok got a wierd problem

few months ago i got the original TH3. Put it in and it loaded, but i wasnt getting any video all i could hear was the sound. Tried the disc in mates xbox and it worked fine - he works at a video store and brought his stores copy over - same thing, only sound no video. Sent my xbox away to MS and they "repaired" it - got it back and TH3 worked fine.

Now i have a modchip and got a "backup" copy of nfl blitz. Same thing happens, sound but no video. And again tried it in mates xbox who now has modchip too and it worked fine.

So anyone got any idea how i could fix this - i cant very well send my box into MS now saying "this copied game doesnt work in my modded xbox" now can i :P

We are aware of this problem.

I am working with somebody to provide a little program to correct the problem. As soon as I get the correct bytes located, I will release a handy little app to do this automatically for you.

It has to do with the use of the HDTV A/V pack and switching back to another non-HD A/V pack. Something in the dashboard sets a value in the EEPROM and those games look at that, instead of using the 'proper' methods to see what video you are using.

I'm not entirely sure about NFL Blitz, but it's probabaly something similar.

fry

• Archived User
Sound But No Video
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 10:14:00 AM »

legend - thx for that

stupid hdtv pack - was out for a couple of weeks over here in australia then MS withdrew it

would think that they wouldve known about the problem then and fixed my xbox properly in the first place... oh well thats MS for you  :rolleyes: