xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Might Have To Settle For A Psp ...  (Read 466 times)

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
I Might Have To Settle For A Psp ...
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

there is actually PSP forums here you know? haha.

http://forums.xbox-s...p?showforum=127

enjoy biggrin.gif

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

I prefer the nintendo ds over the psp,  MarioKart wifi is big pimpn.. and nintendogs is pretty addicting as well.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

Moving..

Lukenatme

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 04:01:00 AM »

Not that you all will like it, but the new Smackdown vs Raw 06 game for PSP sounds like it's a really good game.  Sounds like it's not much different from the PS2 version either and the two games are compatible save-wise.

Noodle03

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chux @ Dec 17 2005, 01:10 AM) View Post

By this time if you buy a PSP you're getting a 2.0, 1.5's can run homebrew/emulators right now.  There's a downgrader but I wouldn't want to do that every time I want to go either to 1.50 or from 1.50.

I'm sure it'll be fine this time next year (That's what happened with the DS), but right now it's not worth it.

I actually just picked up a PSP today from Wal-Mart  had the A below the 120v on the box and sure enough I got a Firmware v1.50  I looked at Best Buy later and they had a bunch of F and G

and for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about check this link

http://www.pspforums...pic.php?t=12108

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »

I buaght my psp around launch, but ive been collecting dust here for the past few months. Homebrew was great, but it gets boring after a while. The web browser sucks, and the game lineup is indeed very poor. Plus do to a recent incident i need to buy a new cell phone, so thats gonna need some money. But i dunno im gonna sleep on it for a few days, but to me, the fun in the psp doesnt last long.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(itsame @ Dec 16 2005, 09:12 PM) View Post

I'm going to sell my PSP and get a DS. The only game I liked on PSP was Lumines and I refuse to buy UMD movies for it.

That is outrageous.

QUOTE(soul-assassin @ Dec 16 2005, 10:57 PM) View Post

If you can afford it, the PSP is definately worth it. The graphics are unrivaled in a hand held device. But it is true, there are still a small amount of great games at this time. However, I'm not impressed with all of the remakes the DS keeps churning out. Hell, I still have my NES and SNES, I don't need to re-buy portable versions of games I've already owned for years. Just play a copy of Ridge Racer on a DS, then play it on the PSP. It's like comparing an 8-track tape to a Super Audio CD, there is no comparison. I say if you want a huge library of sub-par games with horrific graphics at a relatively cheap price, go with a DS. But if you want the most bang for your buck, get a PSP.

Good points.

I might add Homebrew rules.  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]