xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psp Is A Very Tough System  (Read 556 times)

yaazz

• Archived User
Psp Is A Very Tough System
« on: October 09, 2005, 08:17:00 AM »

Alright funny story, me and a buddy were going for a drive to the liquor store, and my truck was filled with school books, and no room for anyone but the driver... so we took
the books and chucked them in a schoolbag and chucked that in the back of my truck.

Well eventually we came back and got plastered and forgot all about the schoolbag, and there was like a torrential downfall of rain that night. the back of my truck was pretty much filled with water, it was like a swimming pool, no joke. So about 400 dollars worth of hardcover books, and my psp, that was in the bottom of the schoolbag, sat in this for about 12-13 hours. eventually I found it, and did what I could with the books (they should be okay hopefully), and dried the psp out all day long. and surprisingly it works fine!! there is a few water spots on the screen but I think I can fix that by takeing the shell off and drying it up.

but damn, think about it, 13 hours of totaly submerged in water and it still works fine!

shank69xo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

I'm suprised your PSP isn't a gonner.

Hope you weren't drinking and driving.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

haha, nope, no drinking and driving, just a liquor run, oh id also like to mention that I have dropped it a few times... its tougher then it looks, even if I would prefer a DS

styxx_78

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 07:15:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

As far as being totally sumergerd, a lot of electronics can survive that, AS LONG AS YOU DONT TURN THEM ON when there is still moisture trapped in the system.
The battery must be sealed well.

I have taken more than one disgustingy dirty keyboard in the shower with me then hair dryer'd it dry. Good as new.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

Yup almost any electronic would survive that, as long as it was allowed to completely dry.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

my psp got a bath too. fucking sprinklers! I was absolutley frightened when I discovered the soaked backpack.... but it was okay...