xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: U.s. Region Code  (Read 533 times)

jamie123

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« on: October 02, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

I downgraded recently and i could only find the jap firmware, can anyone point me to the u.s. firmware? i know the topic above or below me talksa bout the uk firmware, where do you find the u.s.?

jamie123

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

sorry, for some reason the edit button didn't show up

but anyway, i tried playing my spider man movie that came with my us psp and it says the region code is different, so anyoen knwo where i can find the u.s. 1.5 firmware? all of the links point to the jap ones that i've seen

edit: lol, this is really weird, now i'ts letting me play the spiderman movie, is the firmware from the sticky topic mph downgrader the right firmware that should be for my u.s. psp?

This post has been edited by jamie123: Oct 3 2005, 12:24 AM

thewickedjester

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

After 15 minutes the edit button goes away

atomiX

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

Yes, the 1.5 upgrade linked in the pinned topic should be the US version. If you have problems, you can also try using UMD emulator to make it region-free.

And editing a post is limited to 15 minutes for members. Only mods and admins can edit beyond that.

jamie123

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »

can someone please link me to a site with the u.s. firmware? i downloaded it from the pinned topic, it was definitely the jap firmware, when i put in my spiderman movie it says incorrect region code, and in the nfo that comes with it it says jap 1.5 firmware  

btw. the region code can be avoided by starting up th epsp without a umd, then putting it in afterwards, but can someone please link me to the us firmware?

netdevil69

• Archived User
U.s. Region Code
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

The only link you'll find is a link to the JAP firmware, because in the US the first PSP's came with 1.5 installed, there was never a 1.5 update released in the US. And a dump from a 1.5 can't be used to downgrade, you'll have to just usethe JAP 1.5 firmware.