xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Psp On Screen Savers.  (Read 949 times)

lebriznon

• Archived User
The Psp On Screen Savers.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

wink.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverythingButAnAnswer @ Jan 14 2005, 01:12 PM)
rotfl.gif You are a fucking idiot. The DS Game cards are merely proprietary format Memory Cards resembling the likes of MMC/SD/CF cards. The DS can play divx format video just like the gamecube (check out the metroid demo). Synthesized music?  rotfl.gif Have you even played a DS? I'm done. The PSP looks interesting with promising titles like Medievil and Ridge Racers. However the limited battery life and the whole UMD format are big turnoffs. Because it uses a disc it (the laser) wastes even more power constantly reading (accessing) the disc. However there is speculation that the PSP will be able to load programs, etc. from the memory stick slot (like it does with movies/music), however if the psp is as much a pain in the ass to program for as the ps2 was, that really amounts to nothing, because as we all know the ps2 homebrew scene is pathetic. Also the textures (although not as bad as DS) do seem kind of shitty, or for a better word, lacking, albeit crisp (a result of superior AA capabilities I presume). Only time well tell, I hope that Nintendo fairs well with it's new found sense of innovation, but it will be hard to stop the successful marketing machine that is Sony.

oki

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »

i just gota say i love my psp. ive tryed the NDS to and it felt stupid if you compar to psp. the grip, the buttons, the screen, the game qualety are all better on psp.
ok so the batory life in the psp is shorter but wtf i whuld never bye a "toy" becouse of battory life, i play psp for about 5 houers untill the battory dies and then i re charge it, after 10min of NDS i dident whant to play that any more... ever...

Paronga

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(dietrite @ Jan 20 2005, 04:52 AM)
check out that link in m.e's sig for the tutorial.

The DS's screen is too small for any real gamer to endure. i couldn't get into the whole metroid FPS action on that little thing, and who cares about the secondary touch screen, us gamers have done without it since the beginning. so why start now? Once the PSP comes out, there is a good chance that it will dominate handheld gaming as well as the personal mobile entertainment unit (or whatever they call it) industry, given that you can put your mp3's on it, movies, and blah blah blah everything your ipod can't do that you wish it did. it will be like this rrrREALLL soon (below)

uhh sorry, but i dont wish my iPod could play games, or talk on the phone with it, or watch movies, i Love my ipod because it playes music for 15 hours, and it does it very well with alot to choose from.

Also who teh fuck wants to carry around this huge ass thing just to play some semi decent games for 4 hours or so, that can be used as a phone for like 1 hour and play an hour of music? not me. When i buy a phone, i want it to do what a phone does. When i got my iPod i wanted it to paly music. Not all of it.

And personaly i think i'd go wtih a DS simply because the games are nice, not that they look nice.

and whats that fucker playing on the left pic?
Pages: 1 [2]