xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Psp On Screen Savers.  (Read 950 times)

makaveli91

• Archived User
The Psp On Screen Savers.
« on: December 14, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

I've only seen a few pics and read a lot about the psp, and i seen it for the first time on TSS tonight...  and it looks like its the bomb.. I mean, its not nearly as big as i was expecting either..  But the one thing i'm not sure about is the size of its media... I thought the psp was supposed to be able to play dvd's.....  But the games look gamecube sized..  I dunno..  <

ChefBooyadee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

Nope, no DVDs.  You'll have to use a MemoryStick Duo card, WiFi, or a UMD to watch video(or any media) on it.

-chef <

makaveli91

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

For real?? I thought that was a feature at first..  Well that lowers my wanting of it.  That was a big thing that i wanted..  Thats kinda shitty..  I dunno what to do for a handheld now.  Ds sounds better and better every day.  <

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »

The DS is still a cart system, and it sure doesn't play DVD's.

My only problem with the PSP is battery life.  <

makaveli91

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »

Yeah, i know its a cart system, i'm jsut saying that i was up on the ds until i seen the psp on TSS... The battery life is the big thing for me too..   Thats why the Ds sounds better and better...lol  <

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

only things ds has going for it are the touch screen, and the longer battery life

however, Im for the PSP, despite the shorter battery life.
Im sure some third party developer will make a longer lasting battery, like they did for GBA SP. Sony intends to release movies and music on UMD format.  Plus, because its a disc system, music in games are cd quality, as opposed to DS and its synthesised music. Not to mention PSP games can have full motion video. Ahh, what else? Its just so damned cool happy.gif

OH yeah, more mature games are on PSP, where as DS will have pokemon and mario, which is fine if youre into that stuff.

valius

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

OH yeah, more mature games are on PSP, where as DS will have pokemon and mario, which is fine if youre into that stuff.

Hoy I'm 25 & just bought a GC because I wanted to play some Mario, as for the PSP & the DS I'll prob just buy both, I love my SP it's great for wasting time while waiting on a train or traveling on a plane!!!!!!!!  <

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

Ridgeracer on the PSP is incredible.  The screen is better than the tapwave zodiac and it works with kai.  I like the menu system, the fact that you can put other media into it besides the UMD (MS duo), and the analog control stick is pretty cool.  However this is not for your kids.  One drop and its shit, I even hate touching it for fingerprints.  The Nintendo DS is much more durable but now that I'm playing on the PSP big screen its hard to get used to a small screen even if there is two of them. <

m.e

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

The only chance of Nintendo beating Sony in the portable game market is if there comes out a revolutionary game for DS using both the double screen and touch screen. And that's not likely. dry.gif

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Dec 15 2004, 09:06 AM)
only things ds has going for it are the touch screen, and the longer battery life

however, Im for the PSP, despite the shorter battery life.
Im sure some third party developer will make a longer lasting battery, like they did for GBA SP. Sony intends to release movies and music on UMD format.  Plus, because its a disc system, music in games are cd quality, as opposed to DS and its synthesised music. Not to mention PSP games can have full motion video. Ahh, what else? Its just so damned cool ^_^

:rotfl: You are a fucking idiot. The DS Game cards are merely proprietary format Memory Cards resembling the likes of MMC/SD/CF cards. The DS can play divx format video just like the gamecube (check out the metroid demo). Synthesized music?  :rotfl: Have you even played a DS? I'm done. The PSP looks interesting with promising titles like Medievil and Ridge Racers. However the limited battery life and the whole UMD format are big turnoffs. Because it uses a disc it (the laser) wastes even more power constantly reading (accessing) the disc. However there is speculation that the PSP will be able to load programs, etc. from the memory stick slot (like it does with movies/music), however if the psp is as much a pain in the ass to program for as the ps2 was, that really amounts to nothing, because as we all know the ps2 homebrew scene is pathetic. Also the textures (although not as bad as DS) do seem kind of shitty, or for a better word, lacking, albeit crisp (a result of superior AA capabilities I presume). Only time well tell, I hope that Nintendo fairs well with it's new found sense of innovation, but it will be hard to stop the successful marketing machine that is Sony. <

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »

i dont get the problem with the battery life. its not that bad considering the experience that you get. if its that much of a bother get a car charger or a 2nd battery. i personally hate the friggin ds. the graphics are so fugly. the psp at times looks better than final fantasy ps2 graphics.

i still have not figured out how to put movies on it. since whenever i transfer them over, it cannot find it. probably because i need to have it in a specific folder. and the friggin manual is in japanese.

so im stuck playing games for it now. unless somebody knows wut the manual says and can translate it for me now. <

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Jan 19 2005, 12:45 PM)
i still have not figured out how to put movies on it. since whenever i transfer them over, it cannot find it. probably because i need to have it in a specific folder. and the friggin manual is in japanese.

check out that link in m.e's sig for the tutorial.

The DS's screen is too small for any real gamer to endure. i couldn't get into the whole metroid FPS action on that little thing, and who cares about the secondary touch screen, us gamers have done without it since the beginning. so why start now? Once the PSP comes out, there is a good chance that it will dominate handheld gaming as well as the personal mobile entertainment unit (or whatever they call it) industry, given that you can put your mp3's on it, movies, and blah blah blah everything your ipod can't do that you wish it did. it will be like this rrrREALLL soon (below)

(IMG:http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4545/defd40ca4jf.jpg)

:popcorn:  :beer: <

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

bhahahahahahaha whoo ahahaha

this is turning into a fanboy bashing competition..... <

bikermike69uk

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

why is everyone going on about the battery life on the psp?
i got one from a jap girl in work for £250 and ridge racers
get about 4- 4and half hours solid use!
and ive put a few of my short vids on the duo.
it really is something else, what with the tv tuner, mobile phone capability
and read somewhere that when ps3 gets out, sony are gonna incorperate it into some of there tvs, with hard drives to and supposedly use the psp as a remote!

how do i attach my pic to my post, without using a link to the host? <

ZeroTheHero

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 02:54:00 AM »

You payed nearly $500 USD for a hand held system? <
Pages: [1] 2