xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrestling Is Fake.  (Read 955 times)

Heet

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« on: August 22, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

*stupid post.  

This post has been edited by Heet: Aug 22 2004, 10:09 PM <

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

Wrestling Is Fake.

:lol:   <

CarCrashClutter

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

Simply depends on your definition of fake, or even more so, which aspect you accuse of being fake.  All outcomes are indeed predetermined, but most fakers don't run the chance of career-ending injury.  It's not like the lucha libre's are strung up on stunt wires.  They're all stunt men, they beat the crap out of each other for a living (surely no real fisticuffs, but you try getting thrown onto your shoulder twenty times in five minutes).  Just because you can usually find out who wins what before an event takes place doesn't take away from the fact there are real people in the ring getting hurt.  <

Arvarden

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

American wrestling is like visiting a pantomime.    <

Joshis1

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

you know how in the WWE you can tell how some stuff is real fake well the other wrestling like TNA is really really really fake so the WWE does real good to make there stuff look decent compared to ones like TNA  <

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »

TNA is bad but i dont think anything can compare to WCW in the mid to late 90's
 <

heinrich

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

Someone told me that Guiding Light is fake too - wtf ?  <

Intensecure

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

Well, we all know that it is choreographed, and the end result known - but real pain is involved. Some serious injuries have been sustained, and the amount of training these people do to get into condition is the same as any other professional athlete or fighter.
So...I always wonder...why don't they just actually fight for real and see who wins? The tension would be much greater, the fights better (although, admittedly, actual death might occur frequently :rolleyes: ) and the final phases of reality TV will be realised.
Gladiators and the Roman Empire... ;)  <_<  :rolleyes:   <

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 04:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Intensecure @ Aug 29 2004, 05:57 AM)
Well, we all know that it is choreographed, and the end result known - but real pain is involved. Some serious injuries have been sustained, and the amount of training these people do to get into condition is the same as any other professional athlete or fighter.
So...I always wonder...why don't they just actually fight for real and see who wins? The tension would be much greater, the fights better (although, admittedly, actual death might occur frequently :rolleyes: ) and the final phases of reality TV will be realised.
Gladiators and the Roman Empire... ;)  <_<  :rolleyes:

Two words on why letting them go all out real wouldn't work...ego fuck. Not to mention that there'd be no possible way to "tell a story" if there wasn't some form of control in the matches. It's still bad enough that there's backstage politics, and one wrestler even literally banging the boss's daughter to keep his spot *coughHHHcough*. If you could get past the Rob Feinstein bullshit, you may consider Ring of Honor as an alternative. As for me...I'll stick with pre-'98 FMW.

Besides, reality TV needs to fucking die...like right now! I'm sick of it...every fucking channel "needs" to have a reality TV show...Survivor (survive what, stupidity? Good luck), Joe Blow...I mean Schmoe, Outback Jack(mihoff), Why Don't You Just Fuck A Millionaire, The Intern (Intern, Apprentice...whatever), American Idol (my ass! William Hung gave that show the press it needed to survive.) etc. Why does everyone have to jump on the bandwagon. I have an idea or two for a reality show...lock some people in a room with some crack whores from detox and see what kind of shit goes down. Sick of the money wasted on death row inmates? Take them out into a field and let them kill each other. Last man standing goes free.  <

Arvarden

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

"Last man standing goes free"

I bet you would leave your front door unlocked while waiting naked on your bed for bad boy to turn up and show you a good time?

:uhh:   <

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

Uhh...what? :uhh:   <

Arvarden

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

:lol: I can't believe i typed that...dunno tbh

:ph34r: <

nemt

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

The only real wrestling is MEXICAN WRESTLING.

EL CHUPAMUERTE AYAYAYAYAYAYAYE <

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

HustleMania will run wild in Japan next year...be ready for it! <

lordvader129

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Fake.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »

wwe is great when something unscripted happens and everyones reactions are priceless <
Pages: [1] 2