xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Most Overrated And Underrated Players?  (Read 2649 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Most Overrated And Underrated Players?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(killerbootsman @ Oct 2 2005, 05:35 PM)
OverRated

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Sep 28 2005, 05:41 PM)
Who would you people say is the most overrated in any sport?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Oct 6 2005, 10:34 AM)
My most overrated is Derek Jeter...Jeter is the posterboy on how to be a ballhog. 

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

My most overrated is Derek Jeter...Jeter is the posterboy on how to be a ballhog.

ok ...like said before ...cant really be a ball hog in baseball...its not like hes telling them to hit it to him...

David Ortiz (he's a DH how hard is that!!)

this just plain pisses me off...are you serious...firstly ..u ever heard of david dellucci???plays for texas rangers??yah hes my 1st cousin and i can promise u from seein what he gos through pesonally....no way its easyy...o yeah and id like to see u go out and hit 28 effin hr's against 90mph fastballs...not to mention pitchers like wakefield with his knuckle and so on...so dont even JOKE about it being easy..ok maybe when u go get a WS ring and an AL championship ring...yah THEN and ONLY THEN can u say its easy

sry....that just really pisses me off

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Oct 6 2005, 06:41 PM)
I want to chime in a few things about Jeter. First, you cant be a ball hog in baseball. If he touches the ball more then other guys that means what? The ball gets hit to him more? I'll say this about him. If I were trying to teach my son the proper way to play baseball he's one of the guys I'd point to. Because I NEVER look at him and think he's not giving it everything he has. And there's far too many guys that you swear just made the same play the night before but can't seem to this night. Somehow they just don't seem to run as fast. *cough* Manny *cough* In watching the playoff games my gf who knows next to nothing about baseball made a comment the other night that suprised me. She noted that on ground outs Jeter always seems to end up making it a much closer play then other guys. And he's certainly not the fastest guy in the playoffs. It's very simple. He runs hard on everything.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 7 2005, 04:31 AM)
eh, you can be a good player and still be overrated, i mean people act like hes the only player on the yankees

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Oct 6 2005, 09:34 PM)
Riveras the best player on the Yankees. Then Arod.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Oct 7 2005, 07:05 AM)
Miguel Tejada?  Come on...I think Tejada is better than Jeter.  Not because he posts better numbers...because he does.  But also because pitchers are more afraid to pitch to Tejada than to Jeter for power reasons. 

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(robgue @ Oct 7 2005, 11:48 PM)
im with rylinkus on this. i dont think he's overated. the guy is clutch and a selfless player that will lay down a bunt or jump into the stands for a foul ball. rylinkus im glad someone outside of houston or an astros fan is picking up on oswalt. he's finally getting his due though. so is brad lidge since gagne is out. im not saying gangne isn't also very good but lidge is better.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Oct 7 2005, 03:31 PM)
My guess is your a red sox fan due to the reese comments. Which means you have to dislike Jeter and most likely Rivera and A-Rod. Trust me, I hear all this shit at work. It's all red sox fans so everyone on NY sucks and is overrated and gay, don't forget gay. And the only reason they win games is because of their payroll. Second highest payroll in baseball...... Oh right, Boston. When you're an Indians fan you can bitch about payroll. Not when in Boston.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(robgue @ Oct 8 2005, 12:06 AM)
very true. (although petite is having a fantastic second half)miller was very good at the time. all i heard about was prior and wood. wood will forever be injured and priour is injured like oswalt was. i thought and still think zambrano the best of the lot though. guess you are a baseball guy...

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(robgue @ Oct 8 2005, 12:39 AM)
xbl sux - that's a tough one to call. they both have they're strenths and weaknesses. if arod were still a shortstop would you pick him? im thinkng jeter to build a team around cuz i like his make up.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(robgue @ Oct 8 2005, 01:08 AM)
well the white sox werent getting any respect. that should change now should they hold off boston here for a couple innings. angels or yankees? i think angels in 5. after tonight yankess pitchin drops off

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Oct 7 2005, 03:31 PM)
My guess is your a red sox fan due to the reese comments. Which means you have to dislike Jeter and most likely Rivera and A-Rod. Trust me, I hear all this shit at work. It's all red sox fans so everyone on NY sucks and is overrated and gay, don't forget gay. And the only reason they win games is because of their payroll. Second highest payroll in baseball...... Oh right, Boston. When you're an Indians fan you can bitch about payroll. Not when in Boston.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Oct 8 2005, 10:38 AM)
  And G.S. can afford all the tallent that  is on that team due to loyal fans that pay the high ass ticket prices.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4