xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: College Football Ap Poll Is Out!  (Read 1434 times)

likeWhoa

• Archived User
College Football Ap Poll Is Out!
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »

Damn USC is ranked #1... I doubt they can do it again, they prob have way too much hype to do it again.

the article and poll is here

Say something here if you think its just hype

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »

user posted image
Go Huskers!!!!

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

Watch out for Reggie Bush that guy is amazing. I think USC is the best team this year they got a amazing running back in Bush and a amazing quaterback in Matt Leinart

Arvarden

• Archived User

reidtheweed03

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

Oklahoma should not even be aloud to be in the top 25 anymore, the last 2 years they shouldnt of even gone to the title game, and they are the only 1s that think they should go and then they get killed and its not even close, and i also hate how all these people have jumped on the usc bandwagon, but if they were to 7-4 nobody would even talk about them and that bandwagon would be gone just like the bengals. Last thing why in every sport do they try hate on the big ten, and when it comes down it every single year the big 10 will have like 7 ranked teams, the most in bowl games, and in basketball they say the big 10 is having a bad season, but im pretty sure their were 2 big 10 teams in the final four, and could have been 3, but unc could hardly beat wisconson. I mean what the hell is up with that illinois got the 1, but the other teams got like 6,7,10 and they all had a chance to get to the finals.

reidtheweed03

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(reidtheweed03 @ Aug 27 2005, 06:03 PM)
Oklahoma should not even be aloud to be in the top 25 anymore

i called that 1

reidtheweed03

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(reidtheweed03 @ Sep 5 2005, 12:58 AM)
i called that 1

finnally they are way out of the top 25 like they should have been since last year.

nofear04

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »

true that about usc...but this one wont jump ship haha.  i'm loving the success that they're having but i worry about the 2-back system. especially with ball trying to go for the heisman in what i believe is his last season at usc.

in other words, why is everyone forgetting about the acc. i would be suprised if the majoirty of the acc is not in some type of bowl game. and the big ten is blah...all they have going for it is the osu, mich and mich st. the rest of those teams [including. wisc] are either overrated or just not that good.

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(killerbootsman @ Aug 21 2005, 07:57 PM)

Look at the offense against Pitt...NEED I SAY MORE???

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(reidtheweed03 @ Aug 27 2005, 11:03 AM)
Oklahoma should not even be aloud to be in the top 25 anymore, the last 2 years they shouldnt of even gone to the title game, and they are the only 1s that think they should go and then they get killed and its not even close, and i also hate how all these people have jumped on the usc bandwagon, but if they were to 7-4 nobody would even talk about them and that bandwagon would be gone just like the bengals. Last thing why in every sport do they try hate on the big ten, and when it comes down it every single year the big 10 will have like 7 ranked teams, the most in bowl games, and in basketball they say the big 10 is having a bad season, but im pretty sure their were 2 big 10 teams in the final four, and could have been 3, but unc could hardly beat wisconson. I mean what the hell is up with that illinois got the 1, but the other teams got like 6,7,10 and they all had a chance to get to the finals.

-True on OU...they flat out suck this year.  But when you have a 6th year senior finally leave, you have an entire team that became seniors by the time he left-so there goes your team.  Good coaching strategy Stoops!!  
-USC is the biggest bandwagon team in the nation.  I love and agree how everybody all of a sudden is talking about USC.  7-4 would definately stop all of that, hell even one loss probably would.  Next year USC is gonna be this years OU.
-As far as the big 10 goes.  They are a tough conference every year.  I cant bash them...they definately came through even though people and teams always put the down and out.

reidtheweed03

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Sep 18 2005, 04:02 AM)
-True on OU...they flat out suck this year.  But when you have a 6th year senior finally leave, you have an entire team that became seniors by the time he left-so there goes your team.  Good coaching strategy Stoops!! 
-USC is the biggest bandwagon team in the nation.  I love and agree how everybody all of a sudden is talking about USC.  7-4 would definately stop all of that, hell even one loss probably would.  Next year USC is gonna be this years OU.
-As far as the big 10 goes.  They are a tough conference every year.  I cant bash them...they definately came through even though people and teams always put the down and out.

you have to admit ohio state could have blown texas out, just to many of the little things went wrong, that kick was so close. Ive been saying since the 1st game last year that troy smith should start, before he had even played a game, besides at wr, and pr. All they have to do is run the option, and he gets 5 yards everytime.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Sep 17 2005, 07:57 PM)
Look at the offense against Pitt...NEED I SAY MORE???

3-0... NEED I SAY MORE???? :P

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Sep 18 2005, 04:02 AM)
-True on OU...they flat out suck this year.  But when you have a 6th year senior finally leave, you have an entire team that became seniors by the time he left-so there goes your team.  Good coaching strategy Stoops!! 
-USC is the biggest bandwagon team in the nation.  I love and agree how everybody all of a sudden is talking about USC.  7-4 would definately stop all of that, hell even one loss probably would.  Next year USC is gonna be this years OU.
-As far as the big 10 goes.  They are a tough conference every year.  I cant bash them...they definately came through even though people and teams always put the down and out.

USC is a bandwagon team? Why? Because people have them ranked #1? That's because they're good. They lost nest to nothing save for a wide out that didn't play a down last year. Leinart and Bush are very good and I fully expect them to repeat. It's not a bandwagon thing. It's an I watched them in the bowl last year and they were nothing short of amazing.

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Sep 19 2005, 09:06 PM)
USC is a bandwagon team? Why? Because people have them ranked #1? That's because they're good. They lost nest to nothing save for a wide out that didn't play a down last year. Leinart and Bush are very good and I fully expect them to repeat. It's not a bandwagon thing. It's an I watched them in the bowl last year and they were nothing short of amazing.

Yes, USC is a bandwagon team.  Unless you have liked them for more than 3 years.  If you just started liking them because they won a couple NT's, then you are a bandwagon fan.  Nothing to do with being ranked #1...They are good cant argue, but Im not gonna change my colors just because they win.  Im burnt orange, and have been for a long, long, long time.    

Killerbootsman:

3-0??? Thats your argument???  Where in the hell is the Offense???  The O-line doesnt look too bad, but your QB needs to start using the pocket more.  Watch the tape.  He backs up and backs up until the DE's are on top of him.  Not all the time, granted, but most of the time he takes way too much time.  The only reason NU is 3-0 is because the D has played awesome.  Oh, and they dont even play their better receivers (Leflore/Fluellen).  Or their better back (Lucky).  Yeah Yeah, but in the end...they are 3-0.  No matter how you slice it.  ;)

Man, sometimes I feel I could talk football all day long...
 :beer:

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(deliverymanxas @ Sep 20 2005, 01:46 AM)
Yes, USC is a bandwagon team.  Unless you have liked them for more than 3 years.  If you just started liking them because they won a couple NT's, then you are a bandwagon fan.  Nothing to do with being ranked #1...They are good cant argue, but Im not gonna change my colors just because they win.  Im burnt orange, and have been for a long, long, long time.   

Killerbootsman:

3-0??? Thats your argument???  Where in the hell is the Offense???  The O-line doesnt look too bad, but your QB needs to start using the pocket more.  Watch the tape.  He backs up and backs up until the DE's are on top of him.  Not all the time, granted, but most of the time he takes way too much time.  The only reason NU is 3-0 is because the D has played awesome.  Oh, and they dont even play their better receivers (Leflore/Fluellen).  Or their better back (Lucky).  Yeah Yeah, but in the end...they are 3-0.  No matter how you slice it.  ;)

Man, sometimes I feel I could talk football all day long...
 :beer:

yeah, i know that they've only played shitty teams, and it will be a different when they play Big 12 teams, but I am so thankful for that new QB. The guy from last year (Can't think of his name right now) was horrible at running the West Coast. They recruited him back when they were still running the option. I'm hoping we will make it to a decent bowl game and not the Fort Worth Bowl. :rolleyes:
Pages: [1] 2