xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Nhl Is Back  (Read 4213 times)

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« on: July 16, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »

Hey guys, by now all hockey fans should know that the NHL is back.

I know because i'm canadian that hockey will just pick up where it left off up here. But my question goes towards those who live in the US.

Are you guys happy and ready to see the new nhl? or are you just going to ignore it and watch your baseball/basketball/football?

Odog

melongstrike

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

Not excited at all... I was (dare I say it) kind of glad when they stopped playing... but for those who do enjoy the sport I am hapy for you. I will just do as I did before and not watch it problem solved and everyone wins.

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

All I have to say is:

(IMG:http://fightclub.canalblog.com/GoLeafsGo_800x600_1_.jpg)

This post has been edited by Spency234: Jul 16 2005, 04:14 PM

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Well I am glad that it's back but Salery Caps WTF? I hate them and they wasted a whole year on nothing. The good news is that the Red Wings got a good coach and are going to contend for the cup this year. Go Wings Go

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

with who? Manny? Give me a break. I hear Cujo is heading back Toronto. I'm a leaf fan and hope that day never comes.

GO LEAFZ GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Jul 16 2005, 12:17 PM)

HA HA , Nice

Love the Avatar.

This post has been edited by TheODog: Jul 17 2005, 04:22 AM

BinaryMod

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING!!!  Whoo Hoo.... we play hockey in Florida! haha.

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(BinaryMod @ Jul 17 2005, 02:29 PM)
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING!!!  Whoo Hoo.... we play hockey in Florida! haha.

Thats my gateway to watch hockey. I cant fucking (you'll know if your a leaf fan) watch hockey live up here. Tickets cost wayyyy to much. I usually go down to Ft.Lauerdale and watch the Panthers vs Leafs all the dam time. I went last year twice and it was 20CAD per ticket 200 level!!!!!!!!

Well i really wanna come see it again down there, i just love it!

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheODog @ Jul 17 2005, 06:51 PM)
Thats my gateway to watch hockey. I cant fucking (you'll know if your a leaf fan) watch hockey live up here. Tickets cost wayyyy to much.

Well i really wanna come see it again down there, i just love it!

I agree with you 100% Tickets are way to much for hockey, Damn I wanted to see Detroit vs. Toronto and they were 200 each. Wow talk about a rip off. Well it's good to see Canada's game back, I hope Stevie Yzerman is back he is awsome what a superstar IMO the best in the game.

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Jul 18 2005, 06:15 PM)
I agree with you 100% Tickets are way to much for hockey, Damn I wanted to see Detroit vs. Toronto and they were 200 each. Wow talk about a rip off. Well it's good to see Canada's game back, I hope Stevie Yzerman is back he is awsome what a superstar IMO the best in the game.

I totally agree, Stevey Y is the best when he was at his prime.

Megaherz

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Jul 18 2005, 11:15 PM)

Are you kidding me? You hope Steve Yzerman is back?!? That fool is ancient! He barely made it through the last full NHL season. I think he's pretty much done for.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Megaherz @ Jul 18 2005, 05:44 PM)
Are you kidding me? You hope Steve Yzerman is back?!? That fool is ancient! He barely made it through the last full NHL season. I think he's pretty much done for.

I have respect for him he is the only player not named Lemieux or Gretzky to score more the 150 points in a single season he had 90 assits and 60 goals in '89'-90, Also Stevie Y has 3 "stanley" cups, 2 gold medals, a heart trophy, conn smythe and is the longest searving captain in NHL history. I am a loyal Wings fan and would like to see him return for leadership and to add depth to a allready strong team

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

Your all stupid the devils will win. I have wanted a salery cap for so long, no team will benifit more than the devils with a cap. Anyway i have lost almost all excitment over hockey, and this is coming from i diehard fan. Im sure things will change when it actully starts again, but for now its a distant memory.

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Jul 19 2005, 04:48 PM)
Your all stupid the devils will win. I have wanted a salery cap for so long, no team will benifit more than the devils with a cap. Anyway i have lost almost all excitment over hockey, and this is coming from i diehard fan. Im sure things will change when it actully starts again, but for now its a distant memory.

You guys have the most expensive goalie in hockey, and have 11 mil tied up in 1 defenceman plus the goalie.  Don't get me wrong, you can't argue with giving Brodeur whatever the hell he wants, since I think he is the best goalie/player in the sport.

Martin Brodeur

Scott Niedermayer

Also, although you think the cap may help your team, the rule changes where the goalie may not be able to come out of the net to play the puck will by FAR hurt the Devils the most.  Followed by my beloved Maple Leafs.

We really can't say what affect all of this has on any of these teams because the rosters are FAR from being finished.  Players will be leaving, going to different teams, not to mention we still have to draft Sid the Kid.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

I prodict Sidney Crosby is going to the Buffalo Sabers, They have a legit chance of getting him. Most teams like Toronto, Detroit and the "elite" of the league will not have a chance of signing him. I wish Toronto well because they are my home team but I want the Red Wings to win the cup  biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8