xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nfl Offseason  (Read 824 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« on: February 07, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

Superbowl is gone.  ist's over, patriots prevail again.  Now we go into the offseason with a couple questions on our minds.

Who's leaving *place team name here*?

Which teams will be tougher in the '05 season?

Which teams will ultimately have a worse in season in '05?

Which team will pick up *insert player name here*?

so lets here what you think will happen with your own team or others around the nfl.  And maybe take a guess (not that it matters) who'll we'll see in Detroit for Superbowl XL. <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

I'll start....(remember this is my opinion, that's all)

The eagles I think will have another great year.  We of course will resign TO, Trotter and Kearse.  Mitchell's contract is up this year I believe and after his mouth and playing skills from this year... he's gone.  Dawkins will be here in '05.  So basically we will have most of our great experienced players stay while at the same time we take out the trash and add in some fresh faces.  '05 will see a similar philly team you saw in '04.

Sticking with the NFC...

Vikings are not going to have a good season at all most likely.  They may lose Moss and the franchise itself is up for grabs.  It doesn't look good for them.

Rams, they probably will have an even worse year next season as they are losing Marshall Faulk.

Cardinals.  They have a new stadium, new logo, and new jerseys.  But they lost The great E Smith and will fail to do well.

Packers... I see Farve retiring and that will definatly hurt the team.  I don't expect to see them in the playoffs in '05.

Now teams to look out for in the NFC for 05...

Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks, and possibly... Giants, Saints, and Panthers.

AFC teams to look out for in '05
Patriots, Colts, Steelers (even though i believe the bus will retire), chargers, Jets, Ravens, and Bills.

Premature Superbowl Pick....
Eagles vs. Colts

I thnk eagles will again dominate the NFC while the afc will have a good amount of great teams once again.  I think if the colts build up there defense in the offseason and get better with the run, they will be an unstoppable team in the afc. <

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

I think Favre retiring may be the best thing for Green Bay. He's a favorite of mine, but throws far too many interceptions.  The 2 years he reduced the number of picks they made the Bowl. After that he went back to the same old Brett. He's the most overated QB in the game.

I'll also play the Colts hater......

They can't win with Dungee as a coach. He couldn't get over the hump in TB. They needed to bring Chucky in to win it all. Maybe they can bring him to Indy.

I'll take SD in the AFC next year and Philly in the NFC.  Superbowl pick..... Eagles 27- 14. <

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

all i care about is the cowboys pickin up a dencent QB

This post has been edited by killerbootsman: Feb 8 2005, 12:53 AM <

enderandrew

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

Favre isn't the problem, so much as the coaching.  Ahman Green is a great back, who when healthy has threatened the 2,000 yard mark.  And he's possibly the best pass-catching back in the league.

Favre needs to stop trying to do everything himself, and start dumping off short passes to Green more often.  Elway won two Super Bowls when he was far past his prime by leaning on Davis.  Favre could do the same thing. <

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Feb 17 2005, 08:35 AM)
Favre isn't the problem, so much as the coaching.  Ahman Green is a great back, who when healthy has threatened the 2,000 yard mark.  And he's possibly the best pass-catching back in the league.

Favre needs to stop trying to do everything himself, and start dumping off short passes to Green more often.  Elway won two Super Bowls when he was far past his prime by leaning on Davis.  Favre could do the same thing.

Elway won his championships on a team that was over the cap. Proven this year. As far as I'm concerned they should take those titles away from them. Wow, Elway finally got one on a nice unlevel playing field.....

I like Brett. I'm sure he's one of the few NFl players I could get along with. But he's grossly overated.

Wanna compare some numbers......

Favre threw 31 TDs and 17 Picks this year. Not horrible, but surely not worth all his hype.
McNabb threw for 31 TDs and 8 Picks
How bout Jake Plummer? Everyone's all over his back in Denver cuz he's not good enough.    27 TDs & 20 Ints

Hell the guy threw 4 picks in the playoffs against the Vikes. If the guy learned a bit of control and stopped throwing every ball as hard as he could. Christ he breaks his receivers fingers. How is that agood QB? <

dizturbd

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »

DuDeR MaN, how can you forget about the Jaguars?  They are going to rule the NFC south.  They have huge CAP room.  Plus, some interesting ideas in the draft.  I can forsee them as having the most complete draft from top to bottom.  All they need is a player here and a player there and they are AFC south champs.  Beyond that I cannot begin to pretend to know that I know anything.  They are a team of the future as they have learned to deal with the cap since the tragedy that crippled them a few years ago.  Barring injury, the Jags are a team to deal with. <

blinksoad07

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

my pick is the cowboys, im a cowboy through and through and they made a big splash in the free agent pool, dishing out money on the positions they needed to fill. and with some good draft picks and what looks to be a good draft class, should fare pretty well or they could trade both picks to the jets for one of their defensive players (i read this in the paper the other day) so they might rival the eagles for top spot in the nfc east <

Tom Tuttle

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

SEAHAWKS!!!

EVERY OTHER TEAM SUCKS!!!!

IT IS FACT!!! <

forprog

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »

Im with blinksoad07 the cowboys definetly made some good moves this off season aquiring players. The eagles lost some serious staff members as well as key players which will have an effect on the team for sure. The giants also did quite well picking up talent and will be in contention. All the eagle fans break out the crying towel they wont even make the playoffs, had the chance at the dance and couldnt get a date. The boys are back in town! <

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

I think that the Eagles are going to do good once again. I say Arron Rodgers is going to win the Rookie of the Year award this upcoming season. My underdog pick this year is going to be the Chargers because they have so many weapons on offense. As for who is going to have a worse season I say it is the Stealers for sure they will not have a 15-1 season again but for a team that is for sure going to crumble I must say the Minny is not going to have a good season because of Randy Moss leaving. I hope the Raiders end up in the playoffs this year if not I see Charles Woodson asking for a trade <

Geeksys

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »

well for one thing you won't see the pat's in the super bowl again

in the afc the colts/titans /radiers/jets have best shot

in the nfc the eagles of course/falcons/buccaneers(my sneak playoff team)/detroit <

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nfl Offseason
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Geeksys @ Jun 18 2005, 04:10 AM)
well for one thing you won't see the pat's in the super bowl again

in the afc the colts/titans /radiers/jets have best shot

in the nfc the eagles of course/falcons/buccaneers(my sneak playoff team)/detroit

Titans I doubt it same with the Jets. I think that the Chargers, Stealers, Pats, Eagles and for my upset picks the Raiders and the Cheifs <