xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Patriots Are Champs Back-2-back  (Read 1123 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Patriots Are Champs Back-2-back
« on: February 06, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

They did it again!
Back-2-Back.

Good game by both sides!  :beer: <

itsmee129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

yes, yes they did.. i was hoping Eagles would win but it seems the Patriots pulled thru <

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

Ya know what....I could go on and on in this thread like I did before in the other threads about the playoffs.  I would just like to give a HAHAHA to two "special" moderators out there.

GO PATS.....

P.S.  I LOVE how you guys gave yourselves the last word in the last 3 threads.

This post has been edited by ninjax: Feb 7 2005, 08:03 AM <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »

if your are referring to me for one of the threads, I had nothing to do with that being closed.  I'm not a moderator of the pro sports, I mod the game review.  I don't have to power to lock any of these threads nor did I tell anyone else to lock it.  Get you head out of your ass.  I was one of the few people keeping real for this game, I predicted it would be a 3point differenc egame... now I was wrong on the winner but I wasn't out there "hey eagles rock and patriots suck!"

bottom line, the eagles were the biggest challenge the patriots faced all year and this "blowout" never happened.  I respected the pats for what they've done through this whole thing, I've said it over and over again.  Did i hear any respect for eagles...anywhere?  nope.   not on these forums, not in the paper, not on the TV.  The only people who understood this team was this city.  We knew it would be close.  We knew we had a shot.  And we still have a shot as of next year.

So before you be childish with your posts (kinda of like the childish flying taunt that EVERY patriot player pulled), why don't you admit the fact that the eagles were not the team you thought you could walk all over.

That said... I honestly thought we could have one that game... and we could have if we had better management with the time, I don't know what the fuck andy reid and mcnabb were thinking their in the fourth.  And even though I don't want to say it....  Congratulation patriots.

*And before anyone argues about me with the patriots taunting..let me explain.  Why must every team pull that on us when they score?  honestly.  TO does it as a thing for the fans.  Where's the patriot victory pose/dance, where's the steelers?  why must they pull that shit.  and I actually don't mind if one person does it on a big play...then it's like a small taunt to show the other team they mean business.  But when EVERY player pulls it when they make some sort of play?  come on... I was getting annoyed and bored seeing them do it over and over again.  Mix it up.  You didn't see TO do the Ray Lewis Thing over and over again did you?  This is something I don't think you can argue with.  And I know it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game but I have already argued the game for the past 3 hours, so I needed a new topic and this fits nicely. <

ProSam

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

What do you mean nobody on these forums gave respect to the Eagles? I did. I might have called the blowout  but I still thought the Eagles were a great team and are still. I think the Pats were the more experienced team and that goes a long ways to winning a game. As you yourself said, the time management at the end there was horrible. That comes with experience in the biggest game of the season.

As to your thoughts on the taunt.  The firsts time was cool but yes the last two times was a little annoying even for me. But hey, the Pats and their fans know what it is to be the underdog, to be the ones nobody picks to win so I guess it's there way to show everyone they are the real deal.

The Dynasty is Born! <

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

Nothin but respect for the Patriots.

Those dudes just know how to win.

I don't think the halftime show was even that bad, I liked how they got the whole stadium involved.

I wanted the Eagles to win, obviously, but as an Eagles fan I am happy about everything they acomplished this year and here is to a great year of football next year.

:beer: <

green_beetle

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

Watched replay of the game here in Australia. I got to learn the rules a bit more, i think i have the jist of it. Thumbs up to the patriots on the win,  i was hoping for the eagles to win as underdogs.
Im still having trouble on figuring out what is the more tougher sport.
Rugby here in Aus or superbowl over there. It looks like superbowl has more tactics, rugby in my opinion is more about endurance.

The thing i dont understand is why they wear huge helmets, they look like they do more damage than protect.  :huh:

<

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »

Yea disappointing to see them lose again.  Esp since they stayed in the game and potentially had a shot if not for the mismanagement of time in the 4th.  But its not as if philly fans aren't used to this.  And they covered the spread so my pockets aren't empty. <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

I think TO deserved mvp just on the way he moved on that ankle.  I can't believe the game he had.

And prosam... when I say no respect, I mean the majority.  Obviously there are fans on here, and some level headed guys like yourself.  But overall, no body gave them a chance.

and whats with NE unable to win a superbowl by more than 3 points?  either way..yes, your dynasty has been set in stone.  Maybe we can plant the seeds for one of our own next year, we have the weapons to do so. <

mamajo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

I would just like to give a HAHAHA to two "special" moderators out there.

if your are referring to me for one of the threads, I had nothing to do with that being closed. I'm not a moderator of the pro sports, I mod the game review. I don't have to power to lock any of these threads nor did I tell anyone else to lock it.

I have no idea what he is talking about either. I locked those threads because they turned into redundant flame wars. I also picked the Patriots to win. <

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

Ya know,
I didn’t talk smack this time because the Eagles did MUCH better than I thought they were going to.  T.O. had an amazing game, and if they were to give a MVP to a losing team, T.O. deserved it more than anyone else ever has.  I do think that the Pats did get a little screwed with some of the calls against them...not that we didn’t deserve the calls, but the refs were on us like flies on shit.  I will give you credit where credit is due, the Eagles are a hell of a team, and with losing our off and def coordinators, the Eagles make me a little nervous for next year.
The bottom line for me, is that the Pats got their dynasty, and the Sox won a World Series in the same year.  I have something to tell my grand kids someday.  I have had season tickets for the Pats since Zolak, so I know what pain is.
 <

FreewayX327

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

eagles had a shot to win. they could of taken it in the 1st quarter but they just messed up. i think it being the first superbowl for mcnabb affected his game big time.  his throws were off n he wasnt thinking. give him a year and he'll be ready. all n all congrats to the patriots. hopefully we'll play them again in i dunno super bowl XXXX. <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

ninjax, you say there were alot of calls on you and there were.  However, I saw a ton of holding and facemasking that wasn't called.  then again i'm sure you patriot fans also saw alot of eagles penalties not called.  Hense why you should never get caught up with calls like that.

And McNabb looked like a rookie out there, he really did.  He didn't show much of anything he did all season.  I saw about 5 good holes he had to run but instead he decides to throw an incomplete pass or an interception.  McNabb has been my favorate since we drafted him but this year I'm more and more impressed with players like dawkins, trotter, and especially TO.  You know he's getting resigned for our team... he sure showed we need him around. <

mamajo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(FreewayX327 @ Feb 7 2005, 04:14 PM)
i dunno super bowl XXXX.

XL

I can already picture thousands of reporters calling it Superbowl 'Extra Large' . <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Feb 7 2005, 11:06 AM)
But its not as if philly fans aren't used to this.

to be completely honest....this one hurts...bad.  When we lost against the rams, it wasn't a big deal, we knew we'd be back.  When we lost against the bucs, that hurt more but ultimately they wer ethe better team.  When we lost agaist the panthers....It hurt the most.  It was our last year with Staley and god damnit... we were the better team.  I didn't think anything would hurt more than that game.  This one did.  Yea this city has seen alot of defeat when we are so close to winning the gold but does that mean it doesn't hurt as much?  no.  We still bounce back every season.  Eagles have a HUGE fanbase inside and outside of this city, those loyal to the team, like myself, will be there when the win and lose.

I just don't like how people are saying this city should be use to it.  No we shouldn't.  We shouldn't be "use" to feeling the pain of dissappointment year after year in every sport.  And in a sense... we aren't use to it.   If we were "use" to it, we wouldn't be rooting for our team.  If we were "use" to it, we wouldn't be as upset as we are the day after.

That doesn't mean you'll see us crying or shit like that... we aren't that type of fan.  But it's that inner pain.  I'm sure most know how that feels.

(and mr. robinson, that wasn't against you.  I've been hearing alot of sportcaster say that and I needed to vent) <
Pages: [1] 2