xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So It's Come Down To This...  (Read 850 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
So It's Come Down To This...
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

so here we are, early monday after one of the best weeks in football.  Eagles have come back from their break with guns blazin'.  Falcons Ripped St. Louis a new one.  The overpowered steelers just barely make it to the conference game.  And of course the Tom Brady can now move on while Peyton sits at home and watches the game on his big screen.

Two games next week.  2 winners... one superbowl.  so who will it be?

In NFC, I think that our (philly) defense will prevent Vick from pulling off anything he did in his last game.  And I loved seeing how Fred Ex has stepped up while westbrooke dominates most of the field.  4th year has got to be the lucky one.  We've come way to far to lose sight of that big goal now.

In AFC, This will be a big game.  a HUGE game.  tough call really.  You have the steelers on one hand who dominated in regular season, including their win over new england. But they have shown weakness in the playoffs.  New England is what it is... a team that is in a sense, unstoppable.  They have shown the world they can beat one team expected to be in the superbowl, chances are they can do it again.  And lets not forget.., they are no stranger to the AFC conference game.  I still choose the steelers mainly because they got the weapons able to beat new england.  It's Roethesburger (spelling?) that needs to get his act together from last game, that was only a taste of the playoffs.

Eagles vs. Steelers is still my prediction.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

Well I'm a big Eagles fan, but even if I wasn't I'd still say they beat the Falcons next week.  SO my prediction is Eagles and Patriots in the superbowl.  Rothlisberger showed a lot of "rookie-ness" last week and the Pats with Brady bring nothing but experience into this situation so I think they play smarter football and win.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

Rothlisberger doesn't need to win the game.  He just needs to avoid stupid decisions.  The Pittsburgh offensive line will be the one winning, or losing the game.

JWJ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

In the afc I think that the pats will win because brady just knows how to win playoff games and the head coach is brilliant and seems to outsmart any coach i the nfl abd they're defense isnt great but they make big plays when it counts and to top all that they have a very very clutch kicker so I dont know if they will win by a game winning field goal or 30 points but they will win

In the nfc I think it will be a close game but I think the falcons will finish on top because if T.O. were healthy I would say he was the X-factor but he's not so I think the running game will take advantage of that philly d-line because they have all of that speed with vick and dunn in the backfield and rossum as the returner the defense has no weakness but they have nobody great on defense either

NFC final score Philidelphia 17 Atlanta 21

AFC final score New England 35 Pittsburgh 13

JWJ out cool.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 03:21:00 AM »

NFC - Philly 27, Atlanta 17

AFC - Pittsburg 27, New England 24 in OT

only 10 hours away till the first of the two games...

JWJ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

Well the game has begun we'll see who's right beerchug.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

Fuck all you Eagle Bashers And Fuck the media in general.

THE EAGLES ARE SUPERBOWL BOUND!

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

Eagles just won their game, doesnt matter much though...the Pats are going to run through them like a hot knife through butter smile.gif Go Pats, and let the legacy live.  Here is to the greatest team in NFL history!!!!!!!!!!!

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

Well, im sticking by my original post..less than ten minutes into the game, and it's 10-0, man can the Pats be stopped....no.  Not implying that the eagles suck (although they do) but the Pats are an unstoppable machine.  Go Pats..the rest of you...suck balls.  i will give another updade after the Pats DESYROY the Steelers

This post has been edited by ninjax: Jan 24 2005, 01:13 AM

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

Do the Eagles have a chance....no. Are the Pats are making the Steelers look like a bunch of little girls right now...Yes, the Eagles have no chance, you should throw the towel in right now...you cant stop the Pats, throw in the towel now and save the Eagles some face.

This post has been edited by ninjax: Jan 24 2005, 01:11 AM

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(ninjax @ Jan 23 2005, 08:32 PM)
Do the Eagles have a chance....no. Are the Pats are making the Steelers look like a bunch of little girls right now...Yes, the Eagles have no chance, you should throw the towel in right now...you cant stop the Pats, throw in the towel now and save the Eagles some face.

:rotfl:

E A G L E S won't be stopped now... I already predicted Eagles vs. Pats in the superbowl and the eagles are taking home the trophy this year.

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Jan 23 2005, 08:41 PM)
:rotfl:

E A G L E S won't be stopped now... I already predicted Eagles vs. Pats in the superbowl and the eagles are taking home the trophy this year.

Damn, interception bt the Pats, 24 to 3 right now....$50USD to the Pats to you mrRobinson...put your money where your mouth is.  We are going to make the Eagles look stupid...just like every every other team we have faced in the last 2 years in the playoffs

ProSam

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

Did you se e him fall down like a punter on the block? LOL

He almost got picked off agin on the long throw.

The Pats are going to whip the Eagles with the long stick in two weeks.

This post has been edited by ProSam: Jan 24 2005, 01:54 AM

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(ninjax @ Jan 23 2005, 09:13 PM)
Damn, interception bt the Pats, 24 to 3 right now....$50USD to the Pats to you mrRobinson...put your money where your mouth is.  We are going to make the Eagles look stupid...just like every every other team we have faced in the last 2 years in the playoffs

But NOT every other team you faced in the superbowl right?  and keep your money, I only do that locally with friends and people I see everyday.  Hey, look if I was a numbers guy I'd say the Pats would win too but I'm an eagles fan and I know the superbowl is a completely different game than all the rest where anything can happen.  They have the heart and willpower this year to beat anyone.

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Jan 23 2005, 10:00 PM)
But NOT every other team you faced in the superbowl right?  and keep your money, I only do that locally with friends and people I see everyday.  Hey, look if I was a numbers guy I'd say the Pats would win too but I'm an eagles fan and I know the superbowl is a completely different game than all the rest where anything can happen.  They have the heart and willpower this year to beat anyone.

Fair enough, I will keep my money from you, as you have allready lost faith in your team by posting this response.  The Eagles are only another statistic  in the unstoppable force that is the Pat's.  I keep my offer open to ANYBODY that thinks that the weak pathetic Eagles will beat the Pat's.
Pages: [1] 2 3