xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Carter Traded  (Read 532 times)

mamajo

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

Good riddens. #1 in Eastern All-Star voting, what do you people see in him?

chek1234

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

He's a great dynamic player. Unfortunately he wasn't too happy in Toronto, but I think he will have a shot at getting to the Finals with the Nets.

However, I'd much rather see him traded to New York. They would have definitely made a trip to the finals. But I'm also glad that NY didn't have to give up H20 Allan Houston...he's making a quick recovery and is still a great player.

VC is a great player who deserves a championship.

Spency234

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Beat me to it.

As a HUGE basketball/Raptors fan, I also say good riddens.  He was a plague on our team.  I wish we could have got a better scorer in the deal, and you don't really know what you are going to get with Zo, but hopefully this works out for the best.

BTW here is a link to the ESPN story http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1948449

enderandrew

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

People confuse EXCITING with TALENTED/GOOD.

Vince Carter can be an exciting player.  He can be an entertaining player.  He's not going to bring home any championships.  How many exciting, entertaining players did the Pistons have last year?

Other than Sheed, not many.  Sometimes slowing down the pace of the game, playing solid defense and the like is the way to win.  It's not as fun to watch for some people, but that's a different arguement.

Carter may sell seats, and from a front-office standpoint I understand the trade.  But I wouldn't want him on my team.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (enderandrew @ Dec 18 2004, 04:39 AM)

Vince Carter can be an exciting player.  He can be an entertaining player.  He's not going to bring home any championships.  How many exciting, entertaining players did the Pistons have last year?

Other than Sheed, not many.  Sometimes slowing down the pace of the game, playing solid defense and the like is the way to win.  It's not as fun to watch for some people, but that's a different arguement.

Carter may sell seats, and from a front-office standpoint I understand the trade.  But I wouldn't want him on my team.

Yeah just look at all those championships the lakers and bulls won with boring players such as jordan, bryant, oneil, johnson.

Last year was the first year in a long time a team won without exicting players (maybe it was a fluke). Carter puts points on the board period and you cant win without points.

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Dec 18 2004, 06:35 AM

enderandrew

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »

And what's Vince Carter's playoff resume?

What's Kobe's resume without Shaq?

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (enderandrew @ Dec 18 2004, 09:23 AM)
And what's Vince Carter's playoff resume?

What's Kobe's resume without Shaq?

As for Kobe without Shaq, no one knows yet. They are still both exciting players that put points on the board (like carter).

Carters playoff resume isnt great but the same can be said about alomst every player in the league. Plus he would have to be one of the top 10 greatest players of all time to completely carry a team like the raptors to a championship.

You tell me other than the pistons who has won the championship in the last 10 years without atleast one very exciting scorer?

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Dec 18 2004, 08:41 PM

Spency234

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

Vince WAS great.  Now he is a decent player but I think in most peoples minds they still think of Vince as 2001 Vince.  That is not the case anymore.  He shoots jump shots and hardly ever goes to the basket, even when it is obvious he can beat the defender off the dribble.

I will be very bitter if he starts actually trying, and going to the basket for the Nets.  That would show what kind of person he really is, I mean isn't $12 mil a year enough NOT to be a bitch?

I'm also hearing that Mourning isn't happy with the trade, so he may never even put on a Raptor jersey.  I think we should have got more for the lazy injury ridden baby, but oh well.  I can't wait until he comes into the ACC with a Nets uniform on, we'll be sure to give him a nice TO welcome.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

Carter is definitely better then Martin!!!  beerchug.gif

Carter on Nets= Me watching more Nets games  pop.gif

Spency234

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Dec 19 2004, 09:28 PM)
Have fun Nets fans.

Sounds like BS.

enderandrew

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

Some players like MJ were both winners and exciting players.

But let's take the past 10 champions like you suggested.

2003-04 Detroit Pistons - Chauncy Billups is far from exciting.
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs - Tim Duncan is the man, but not the most exciting player to watch
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers - You can credit these wins to Kobe, but the Lakers had a losing winning percentage when Shaq was out with injury.  BTW, Shaq was the Finals MVP all three times.
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers - Shaq
1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers - Shaq
1998-99 San Antonio Spurs - Tim Duncan, again
1997-98 Chicago Bulls - Jordan
1996-97 Chicago Bulls - Jordan
1995-96 Chicago Bulls - Jordan
1994-95 Houston Rockets - Hakeem Olajuwon - once again, a talented player, and a winner.  But he wasn't very exciting.
1993-94 Houston Rockets - Hakeem Olajuwon

So we've got Billups, Duncan, Shaq, Jordan and Hakeem as the MVPs of the last 10 championship teams.  Of those, Shaq and Jordan were pretty exciting, but Shaq isn't always exciting.  Billups and Hakeem were pretty boring.

Exciting doesn't mean the player will win games.

Lord knows guys like T-Mac are exciting, but they don't win.  Carter hasn't won much of anything.  He's one of the most overrated players in the league.

And you may doubt him telling the Sonics which play he was about to run, but the Raptors have been claiming for years that Carter is only in it for himself, that's a horrible team player who likes to pout on the bench.

Yeah, I want him on my team.

Spency234

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 19 2004, 08:21 PM)
Sounds like BS.

I'm just saying, that IS the kind of person he is.  If he doesn't feel like trying, he won't.  If he isn't happy, he'll sulk.  If he stubs a toe, he'll be out for 5 games.

He is a cancer, because you expect him to do all of these crazy things that he was doing 3-4 years ago, but he does the opposite.  I know you guys are happy about getting him now, but give it a couple of months, you will probably hate him too.

enderandrew

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

The Raptors played better last year when he was out of their lineup.

That should tell you something.

makaveli91

• Archived User
Carter Traded
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Dec 18 2004, 04:39 AM)

Vince Carter can be an exciting player.  He can be an entertaining player.  He's not going to bring home any championships.  How many exciting, entertaining players did the Pistons have last year?

Other than Sheed, not many.  Sometimes slowing down the pace of the game, playing solid defense and the like is the way to win.  It's not as fun to watch for some people, but that's a different arguement.

Carter may sell seats, and from a front-office standpoint I understand the trade.  But I wouldn't want him on my team.

I could not have said that any better myself.    I dont know much about you guys here on the scene, or your origins.  But me, i'm Canadian, and i've seen a couple of other "obvious" canadians (judging by their avatars), and it seems as though us canadians think that he is a crybaby who isn't half, or even a quarter or the player americans think he is.  As for the people cheering for the nets saying how great it is for that team.. Well, i'm guessing your american.  Anyways, my point is basically as a canadian i follow the raps like nothing else, especially now that there isn't any hockey..  And we canadians see all the BS that came along with Carter.  How terrible he was.  I mean, he has talent, but rarely displayed it.  

Yeah just look at all those championships the lakers and bulls won with boring players such as jordan, bryant, oneil, johnson.

Last year was the first year in a long time a team won without exicting players (maybe it was a fluke). Carter puts points on the board period and you cant win without points.

Carter puts points on the board alright.. Only when he ISN'T injured which is like 20 Games a season, and when your "Franchise Player" is only getting about 15 points a game, what good is he.  As a franchise player i'd expect an average of at least 25.  But thats just me.    AS for the non exciting players???  Come on guy, which games were you watching?  I mean, Bryant is without a doubt one of the best players in the game today.  Hands down.  I've watched plenty of Lakers games only for the purpose of watching my man do his thing.    And its rude of you to say that Jordan was boring.  Outright rude.  The man had a thing, i don't know what you want to call it, but if the bulls were down by 15, Jordan would be like, "OK, well i guess i'll start trying now, i dont' want to lose tonight", then flip the switch and BOOM, gets like 20 points more and leads the bulls to victory.. Single handedly.  Kudos to Pippen, Kukoc and them boys, but you know what i mean.
Pages: [1] 2