xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ea Has Purchased The Rights To The Nfl For 5 Years  (Read 868 times)

enderandrew

• Archived User
Ea Has Purchased The Rights To The Nfl For 5 Years
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

I agree.  They need to snatch the NCAA or NBA license.

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (enderandrew @ Dec 15 2004, 07:24 AM)
ESPN should make an NCAA game now.

They just released one a few weeks ago.  ESPN College Basketball 2005.  It's pretty good.  I play that and NCAA March Madness 2005 from EA.  I'd rather play ESPN College with friends because I like the dunks and the way it controls.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

I meant NCAA Football to combat against Madden sales.  But I might check out the NCAA basketball game.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

I think IGN said EA is trying to make a deal with MLB and the NBA or exclusive rights.

AlexK

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

okay, this years EA Sports games totally suck a penis, and ESPN's games are sweet except for the ncaa ones i have heard. ESPN will still be the better game, because of all the aspects of a good game, graphics, gameplay and everything else. Madden and Live this year sucked so much, the graphics and gameplay absolutley herendous

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

I wouldn't say EA Sports title suck dick.

EA is a horrible company, but I don't take it out on the game developers.  If anyone is paying attention, they work 80 hours weeks with no overtime and get paid dick.  California is pursuing a lawsuit against them for labor practices.

I've always bought EA Sports titles, and enjoyed them.  They've put out one of the best boxing titles ever.  I hate golf, but Tiger Woods is pretty damn fun.  Their NCAA Football game is like liquid crack, and their NHL series is horribly underrated.

ESPN snuck in with a great football title, but EA has a solid lineup of sports titles.  It will take a serious contender to knock them out of the marketplace, and I hope to see it.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

Midway games is releasing a new football game with no NFL license.  But instead of pretending to be the NFL by matching cities and color schemes, the league will be more based off ESPN's Playmakers series.

The game will feature on the field, and off the field action.

Blitz: Playmakers

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2004, 04:34:00 AM »

ESPN Football and Basketball are my fav gamez

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

Well M$ is giving away free copies of NCAA Football 2005 with new XBoxes,  so maybe EA and M$ are on the same page.  I really hope that ESPN makes a NCAA football game next year though, and steals some of EA's thunder.

pallan

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

When I heard this, I decided not to buy Madden or any other EA title anymore.  I can't believe that EA would do this.  I'd rather have a choice when it comes down to which NFL game I want to buy.  It won't be that way anymore.

AgentEB

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

blink.gif

ProSam

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

ZeroTheHero

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigfnb @ Feb 5 2005, 07:11 PM)
As time progresses u get to a point where a game cant get any better.

When has that ever happened?  There are always things to improve upon.

dizturbd

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

This whole situation is gonna be bad for everyone.  EA lost a ton of customers to Sega/Take Two because they liked that game better.  Now, EA owns the NFL.  They probably won't change it enough for an impact to be made this year becaue the new consoles are coming.  The fans of the ESPN series that they can confuse into buying their product because of the ESPN name will only enrage them.  Competition exists only because it is healty and good.  I was a EA consumer from the beginning.  Keyword - WAS.  I preferred the ESPN game, but still purchased and played the EA series as well.  Well, let's see...  EA bought the NFL... that's $50 I am not giving to EA this year and another $50 I am not going to give to Take Two/Sega/MS/whoeverelse.  EA is trying to buy all of the other sports... that's $50 per title/game I am not spending on an EA game and since there's no other titles available, that means I am not spending $50 per title/game for each sport.  I guess this is gonna be a win for the consumer and I will save upwards of $200 per year.  $200 per year for 18 years is $3600.  That will make a decent start towards my kids college fund.  Fuck EA.  Let's boycott these bastards and show them how bad this decision was.  That's all I have to say tonight.

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2005, 06:07:00 AM »

Although I don't like the decision, I can't boycott them... they all i got now in the off season.

I own enjoyed both games so I never heavily favored one over the other.  I guess i tend to play madden more though.  It's like the soda war, some people love coke and hate pepsi or vise versa.... I don't mind either nor do i see much of a difference in taste.  But hey, thats just me.

so in closing.... yea I don't like the deal that was made (especially cause I really enjoyed the Blitz series) but It won't stop me from enjoying what is a GREAT game.

And one more thing, nothing against you dizturbd, but why do people insist on making these petitions for anything they disagree with or don't like.  Sure petitions may work to keep your local library open but for a big deal like this... they won't even look at it.  No one will care.  It's meaningless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4