xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Nba Thread  (Read 898 times)

Shoue

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

pistons lakers fight
http://abclocal.go.c...ht_detroit.html

click "NBA Melee Video"

that. was some pretty crazy stuff...

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

They were all bangin out!

What a prediction, THE PACERS LOST TODAY....lol

Spency234

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

Record 30 game suspension for Artest.

drivinell

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 21 2004, 09:39 PM)
Record 30 game suspension for Artest.

It's just been announced that Artest's suspension is for the rest of the season (73 games, costing him over $5 million) as well as a 30 game suspension for Stephen Jackson, 25 for Jermaine O'neal, 6 games for Ben Wallace, and smaller suspensions for a few other players on both sides.
I admit I'm a hardcore Pistons fan so I'm probably a bit biased, but a 'professional' athlete going into the stands to attack a fan is completely unacceptable.  Granted the fans' behavior was assinine and I hope they are held completely accountable, but for a player to completely lose his head over something like that is just fuckin pathetic. Does anybody really think that the cup of beer that hit Artest (while he was laying on the scorer's table being the Dennis Rodman-Type attention whore that he is) was actually any worse than the shove that Ben gave him at the start of this whole fiasco? Of course it wasn't, it just damaged his ego more that a mere basketball-game-goer would dare disrespect him in such a manner.
But at least now he has plenty of time off to pursue his music career.

Shoue

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

Granted the fans' behavior was assinine and I hope they are held completely accountable

the guy who aretest hit first did not even throw the cup

but ya that got way out of hand on both the fans and player's sides

drivinell

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Shoue @ Nov 22 2004, 02:29 AM)

the guy who aretest hit first did not even throw the cup

yeah the guy that Artest first attacked was an innocent victim who stands to make an assload of cash when he sues (as he should). I meant the fan who initially threw the beer and then hit Artest from behind a couple of times while he went after the innocent guy. That fan should be prosecuted for his actions (which, in my opinion, were still miniscule compared to Artest's violent RE-action).

Is anyone else disappointed that the Artest suspension pretty much ruins the chance of an incredibly tense and emotional Eastern Conference Finals match-up?

drivinell

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 22 2004, 04:26 AM)
I don't think Big Ben really had a reason to go after Artest like he did

I think the reasoning there was that the game was pretty much over. Indiana had a double-digit lead with less than a minute to go and Artest's foul was clearly flagrant and unnecessary. Ben Wallace's reaction was maybe a bit much but at least he directed his frustration at the responsible party and not at an easier target.

BTW "tough guy" Artest was running like a little bitch from him at the start laugh.gif

Hehe, I can't say it any better than that.

coltblue18

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Does a season suspension include playoffs?

Spency234

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »

In this case it does.

hardware_failure

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

I saw the game/fight when it was live on ESPN waiting for the Kings game.  Crazy stuff.

Does anyone have any links to a decent clip(s) that are not streamed?  Im having a hard time saving any of the steaming clips with Streambox VCR.  Thanks.

hardware_failure

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

smile.gif

Thanks.

Spency234

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

laugh.gif

I also forgot about one thing when I was saying Ben was out of line going after Artest like that.  The death of his brother not even a month ago.  That definately has to have some serious emotional effects on you (I have never lost a sibling so I wouldn't know.)

I didn't really think it was in his character to do something like that, but I think it makes a little bit more sense now.

anotherisp

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

Well All I can say is that this is fucking ridiculous! This fucker does not deserve to be in the NBA. The league is for professionals, and not lucky bastards that can not appreciate it. This guy should've acted as what he is supposed to be ..."a professional" not a gang member in the HOOD!

I hope the fan gets a lot of money (millions) out of this stupid fuck.

Spency234

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

I'm guessing you are talking about Charles Barkley?

Leave it to him to take the extreme opposite view of what everyone else has, every time.

makaveli91

• Archived User
The Nba Thread
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

I can't believe that there are people out there saying that these guys are professionals and shouldn't be doing what they are doing.  I agree that Artest jumping into the stands was wrong.  The dude threw a cup at his head.  ????  What would you do if someone threw a cup at your head.. I'd do the same thing.  Go beat his ass.  Going into the stands should be the only thing that should factor into his suspension (which should not be the season).  When he started punching that guy on the court, the guy was basically doing what artest did in the stands, came into the players domain..  Does anyone really know what the guy said to Artest?  Likely something for him to start throwing punches at the dude.  And as defence to Artest and O'neil, who knows if the dude had a knife or something..  They had to do soemthing, and O'neil seen what was going on with artest and jumped in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4