xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nhl Camps Will Not Open  (Read 352 times)

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« on: September 16, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »

It is a sad day for Hockey and Hockey fans in North America.

http://www.nhlcbanews.com/news/bog_meeting091504.html

:uhh:

Yuyu

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

FoX Sports Polll
Vote in the poll midway through the page, look at the leading vote, that about sums it up....

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

If you dont care, why did you bother posting here? And a FOX poll on Hockey?

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

I agree, you don't see us crapping in your "yuyuhakusho" threads do you?

Anyway, between this lockout and Vince Carter wanting to be traded, I think suicide may be the answer.

:(

This post has been edited by Spency234 on Sep 17 2004, 04:59 AM

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

I will be spending a lot more Saturday nights in strip joints.

And Carter wants to be traded?

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

Yes he does, LINK

The strip joint idea sounds like an expensive hobby to me, but probably will be true for me as well.  Actually Friday nights seem to be my bar nights lately, Saturdays I don't do much.

mamajo

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »

Sorry guys but I voted for "who cares?" . The state of the league is terrible. It needs to die and be brought back only to cities that care about hockey and players who play for the love of the game.

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

I agree the state of the league is terrible.

But with this lockout we are going to lose a whole lot of elite players to leagues in Europe (or whatever).  The NHL was an elite league with all of the best players in the world.  When it comes back it won't be the same.

EDIT: And in voting "Who Cares?" you essentially are saying you don't care if they ever come back.  Which essentially says you don't give two shits about hockey in North America.  If that is the case, why are you posting in this thread?

This post has been edited by Spency234 on Sep 16 2004, 11:43 PM

gronne

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

I don't think you need to worry really. No european country could ever control a super league. Germany would be the only possible nation, but still not. The only chance would be if all european countries would start one big league, but I doubt that as well. I'm certain NHL will be back in a year or two, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a better league by then. The players want to play in the best league there is and America is definitely the best place to hold it.

mamajo

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

But with this lockout we are going to lose a whole lot of elite players to leagues in Europe (or whatever).

There are too many players in the league anyways.

The NHL was an elite league with all of the best players in the world.  When it comes back it won't be the same.

The NHL has been the elite league since it's inception and when it returns it will be no different.

EDIT: And in voting "Who Cares?" you essentially are saying you don't care if they ever come back.  Which essentially says you don't give two shits about hockey in North America.  If that is the case, why are you posting in this thread?

That is not what I am saying at all. Hockey needs to be fixed , I don't care how long it takes.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (mamajo @ Sep 16 2004, 04:35 PM)
Sorry guys but I voted for "who cares?" . The state of the league is terrible. It needs to die and be brought back only to cities that care about hockey and players who play for the love of the game.

Exactly my point, thanks for calling me a loser for saying who cares how long the lockout lasts. How is it thread crapping to see that the idiot players need to get it in their heads that they can't be payed the amounts they want to be payed. It either need to be rebuilt from the ground up, or not ccome back till it can be...

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

Yeah that was uncalled for, and I apologize.

A little piece of advice, if you quit smoking, don't start again, and try to quit again.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Sep 16 2004, 09:48 PM)
Yeah that was uncalled for, and I apologize.

A little piece of advice, if you quit smoking, don't start again, and try to quit again.

Hey I just quite back at the end of May  wink.gif  I've had my moments  tongue.gif

Puckster069

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

The problem with the league is Gary Bettman.  The guy doesn't know shit about hockey, doesn't even know shit about being a commisioner.  Its because of his long line of ridiculous moves that hockey is in this state.  He was too busy trying to make a mickey mouse sport out of hockey (remember when they tried to institute the no fighting rule  :rotfl: ), taking teams out of Canada and pushing them to cities that could barely spell hockey let alone support an NHL team.  Granted there are other problems out there with the league, but in the aftermath one of the first things they should do is fire his ass.  I hope the league is brought to its knees... and things get shook up.  Hell maybe just kill the NHL all together and start up a different league, bring back the old time hockey, and institute a no disney rule.

This post has been edited by Puckster069 on Sep 19 2004, 07:01 PM

ajouvenat

• Archived User
Nhl Camps Will Not Open
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

This is very sad that the players and owners could not come to an agreement.  it just goes to show that some of the people running and playing aren't putting playing above the rest.

There needs to be a salary cap, regular seasons should NOT end in ties and the cost for tickets does need to come down for regular season games.  I've heard a ton of bitching complaining that they would watch more hockey for the last two reasons I said, and it's true.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to be spending more time in the rink :D I love playing hockey and i won't let this lockout stop me from playing the thing that I love nwith all of my potential.