xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: NFC East  (Read 1416 times)

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »

We'll see how good a team they are when they go up against a team with decent pass defense.

hawgman

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

da boyz sucked again...Giants spanked em...

MY predictions

PHI 13-3
NYG 11-5
DAL 9-7
WAS8-8

ProSam

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

and then there was one....

EAGLES
7-0

history in the making...

Pirate Mp3z

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

Eagles, hands down.

sstrasser86

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

Let me state what i said when this thread started......Eagles....god i love being right!!!

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

I know the Eagles are expected to do well, with TO and all, but it all comes down to his refusal to play like a member of a team. This is just my opinion, though.

Doesn't seem to be reflected by their preseason performance. McNabb and Owens aren't working well. Besides, Philadelphia never wins anything.

I hear that. The 'boys are going to sweep the NFC East this season. The Eagles were finished before they even started.

The eagles are a decent team, but they're not going to win the NFC East. Any team can win two games. If you just go by the final score, you can't tell how close the game was.

Yeah, because week three determines who wins the division?

Anyone can throw a few lucky passes. McNabb has weak ribs from last season, and if he goes down they're sunk. If Owens gets hurt, they have no running game, Westbrook is a second rate player. This is all meaningless of course, because the McNabb/Owens plan won't work for another 14 weeks.

When they're the decisive factor in an Eagles victory, which they haven't been this season yet.

The Eagles are just as good/bad as they have been any season. They might make it to the playoffs, but they're not going to win the NFC, and I doubt they'll even win the NFC East.

We'll see how good a team they are when they go up against a team with decent pass defense.

eat those words buddy.

who wants to have fun with all this first.  oh hell, I will.  lets start with this...

Eagles:      7-0
Giants:      5-2
Cowboys:  3-4
Redskins:  2-5

where are the "boys" when you need them huh?  This whole freakin thread seemed to have been made to show your hatred for one of the best teams in the nfl.  The question is who are you a fan of that is doing horrible this year.  Dallas?  There is no way dallas will beat us this year.  We will beat themon their own field and then we will destroy them at lincoln finacial field.  In fact I will say right now that the only challenge we have from now till January 2nd in Pittsburgh.  We know how to meet a challenge though.  I still feel they can go undefeated but I highly, HIGHLY doubt they will lose more than 2.

ProSam

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

Pit 27- Philly 3 with less then 4 minutes left. OUCH! Even the Pats put up a better fight.  Pit is playing great D

EDIT:
It's now final. there are no more unbeatens.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

"And that's when the season fell apart."

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

I have not read a single post in this thread, but as a cowboy fan Ill state how I feel about the NFC east. I am pretty sure (infact i have placed money) that the cowboys will beat at least the redskins in the division so im counting them out and will not speak on them as they will be bottom of the bunch for me. That  brings me to dallas philly and the g-men.

Dallas is looking at 3 and 5 philly 7 and 1 and gmen 5-2  or 5-3 not sure if they had a bye week yet. The question that eats me up is... can dallas get a wild card spot? They obviously wont take the division unless something amazing happens (it has in the past) but the rest of the NFC, is weak in terms of possible wildcard competition so as of right now there is a slim but growing (thanx mr strayhan) chance if dallas picks up. The giants just lost strayhan for the season, now if the cardinals can beat the giants at home in tempee and dallas wack philly thats a good start, and will make me a firm beliver dallas will get into a big game. The problem with dallas however is the defense..... people like to say the cowboys offense is anemic but its far from that, I belive they are 10th overall in the NFL for yards per game.... and even with no run game vinnie is still doing it (excluding the bungles) with max protection.  if only the defense can step it up. Darren woodson is out for a few weeks still, our #1 corner back MR newman is playing like shit, and marcellus wiley, the man brought in for that superb pass rush to add on to last seasons #1 defense is no where to be found. I belive greg ellis has more sacks than the rest of the d combinded. Other than him the only bright side of the defense is roy williams stellar play....

What does this mean? it means our defesive coordinator god damn mike zimmer needs to get his ass to work, last season the cowboys defense was infact #1 because they were not afraid to bring the heat stacking the line and getting after the quarterback. After the cowboys 1st two losses they aborted that style of play totaly, as they were afraid to get burned by the deep ball. If they can just go back to the roots i can promise you the d will do its thing and win ball games. As for the offense it has been decent but with a spotty no run offense other than fullback now hybryd half back richie anderson and flashes from a untrusted reshard lee. In a few weeks when star running back julius jones comes back things will change. I can promise the cowboys will do better and go on a landslide winning spree (if they smack up philly and build confidence), taking at least 6 of the last 8 games, write it down i said it.......

As for the defense bringing the heat dont be supprised if they go back to that style of play, i have a friend that goes to every practice and feeds me with information.

Also keep in mind bill parcells has ALWAYS had stellar 2nd half seasons and dallas is haping up to have one. Even with the cowboys doing so wildcard spots are iffy, it all depends on what the giants do and if they faulter. Tom cauflin was debating on throwing eli manning to the wolves, and if this happens the giants season will look grim, however i doubt tommy is dumb enough to do something like this. So yeah, as a cowboy fan im backing the giants fail. I wont touch on the eagles yet as they may be one of the best in football.

However

ahem....

quote me on this....

if emmitt and the cardinals rout the giants sunday, and dallas whoops philly monday night, i personaly gurantee that dallas hits a wild card birth. Write it down man, if that happens, dallas gets a spot.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 12 2004, 04:11 PM)
rotfl.gif

That's some great material you have there.

yeah well wire it down or refer back to this thread in january, if it happens, you will bow down to me.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

The Eagles have the NFL's 12th-ranked offense. The Cowboys are 10th.

The Eagles have the 24th-ranked defense. The Cowboys are 20th.

Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, the fleet-footed one, has been sacked 17 times. Cowboys quarterback Vinny Testaverde, the old man, has been sacked 14 times.

The Eagles' sack leader, Jevon Kearse, has six sacks. The Cowboys' leader, Greg Ellis, has six sacks.

The Eagles are 7-1. The Cowboys, 3-5.

Something just does not compute.

so whats the problem? Turn overs and the fact that philly has had a realitivley easy schedule thus far.

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

heh heh,

emmitt and the cardinals just smacked up the giants eh?

Now if dallas romps philly tomorrow night.... You will all bow down to the all mighty one...... ROY Williams

dmb062082

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

what was funny? The fact that I said dallas will make the playoffs if they beat philly? If they beat philly sunday they will be one game away from 2nd place in the division and also looking at wildcard competition... to top it all off, if they smack philly, the heads in irvin texas will all be held very high for another month, and momentum is very very important to a football team.

Im not sure why you think I am making myself look stupid. But I promise I will laugh my ass off in this thread tomorrow around midnight if my team beats your team with the headcase reciver. Also, dont cry if roy williams knocks someone important on your team out for the season.... I hear he is real good at that, ya know breaking leggs and stuff. Lets just hope its T.O.

nemt

• Archived User
NFC East
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

Even if Philadelphia can overcome Atlanta, they can't beat Peyton, and they can't beat New England.

Beating a team with injured defensive players and an injured RB isn't too impressive or shocking or impressive.  Philadelphia can't beat a team with decent secondary.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6