xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stankees Blown Out! 22-0  (Read 518 times)

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« on: September 01, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

http://sports.espn.g...ameId=240831110

Here come the Sox knocking at your door baby!
The Sox have shaved 7.5 games in 15 days at this rate we would need about another week to overtake First Place. beerchug.gif

Go Sox!!!

Oldmanjoe

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

Even the Jays couldn't pull that loss off!  laugh.gif

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (Oldmanjoe @ Sep 1 2004, 05:01 PM)
Even the Jays couldn't pull that loss off!  laugh.gif

Tell me about it.

All the stankee fans could do today is make up excuses as to why they lost so bad.

Face it! The achilles heal of the stankees has been their pitching and it showed last night.

sstrasser86

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »

even though the yanks have show thier weakness is their pitching (come on we knew that all along) the red sox will still blow it.....i dont care if its 20-1 in the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game of the world series and they are playing a team of blind kids......they will still manage to lose....(i am not a yankees fan...just realistic)

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (sstrasser86 @ Sep 3 2004, 04:22 AM)
even though the yanks have show thier weakness is their pitching (come on we knew that all along) the red sox will still blow it.....i dont care if its 20-1 in the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game of the world series and they are playing a team of blind kids......they will still manage to lose....(i am not a yankees fan...just realistic)

Ummmmm....

Not this year!

*Crosses fingers, while holding rabbits foot in other hand, looks for a 4 leaf clover and nocking on wood.

jester.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

my favorite year of all:  1918

kong

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

Stankees is right

Oldmanjoe

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

Did you see their game last night? It was 17-3 in the 8th, then I shut it off.  laugh.gif

Spency234

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Sep 7 2004, 03:31 PM)
my favorite year of all:  1918

Ah yes, the year I had my first kiss.

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Sep 14 2004, 04:13 PM)
Ah yes, the year I had my first kiss.

DAYUM!!! You are older then my GrandMa and she's dead. jester.gif

FINAL SCORE:
Stankees: 8
ROYALS: 17

They are not going far! Better get used to losing this year Stankee fans cuz it is close. We'll see who the real American league champs are this weekend.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

As a Yankees fan I feel I have to post. (And yes punching walls when you're the #1 pitcher is a good idea.  dry.gif  ) The Sox have a good team this year. I give them credit. But I live in a predominantly Boston fan area. EVERYONE attacks the Yankees. They bitch about NYs payroll and how high it is while they have the 2nd highest payroll in BBall. They whine and moan over EVERY call and EVERY loss. There's always an excuse. (This is why I dislike Pedro) Frankly it's sickening. People losing happens. Sometimes you simply get outplayed. When it happens, suck it up and deal. Don't make lame excuses.

I hope the Dodgers take the series this year.....

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Sep 15 2004, 12:35 AM)
As a Yankees fan I feel I have to post. (And yes punching walls when you're the #1 pitcher is a good idea.  dry.gif  ) The Sox have a good team this year. I give them credit. But I live in a predominantly Boston fan area. EVERYONE attacks the Yankees. They bitch about NYs payroll and how high it is while they have the 2nd highest payroll in BBall. They whine and moan over EVERY call and EVERY loss. There's always an excuse. (This is why I dislike Pedro) Frankly it's sickening. People losing happens. Sometimes you simply get outplayed. When it happens, suck it up and deal. Don't make lame excuses.

I hope the Dodgers take the series this year.....

There is one thing in common between sox and and stankee fans and what is that you might ask?

We both have very high expectations of our teams and sure we bitch and moan over every play and every game but don't you think we have the right after paying so much money to sit in a stadium that the seats are so small and the traffic is so bad and not to mention the years of dissapointment.

The stankees on the other hand are used to winning and this is why you have so many fans. As long as you win you will have a high fan base. Who would have thought the Pats would be two time superbowl champs 4 years ago? I did. But now all of a sudden the fan base has risen to an all time high, just because they win.  I'm not saying thats a bad thing, I'm just saying. Stankee fans have also come to expect more from their teams, to a certain extent they are even worse then sox fans, and you also have a right to that.

So what is there to do when you can't bash your own team, bash the rival fans jester.gif

Its all in good fun, though some fans do take it a little more serious then others. Case in point, that melee in Oakland the other day. That was horrible.

I have several friends who are stankee fans and we bash each and its all in good fun. We all realize that in the end its just a game and there is no reason for the hatred we've seen.

Spency234

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

OUCH

(For all you Boston fans)

ProSam

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Sep 20 2004, 08:53 AM)
OUCH

(For all you Boston fans)

We all know that stankees have the offense but we'll see where that offense goes when it faces better pitching.

Pedro had a horrible day yesterday. Definately a fluke.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Stankees Blown Out! 22-0
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

To keep this fair I was a Yankees fan long before they ever got to the Series. I was a huge Mattingly fan and am thrilled that he may be on a World Series team this year even if it's only as a batting coach. I'll stick by the now and will still be a fan once they start losing again.

This years team has had pitching issues. Kevin Brown has been out, Mussina has underachieved, and Loiaza for Contreras was a stupid move. Quantrill, Flash, and Mariano have saved their ass on pitching.

Their offense has been weak at points and were it not for Sheffield I doubt they'd make the playoffs at all or even be close.

That said, they're hitting now. And pitching is much better. Having Tanyon Sturtze has helped an exhausted group of relievers. Hell Quantril just broke Stanton's record for most appearances by a reliever for the Yankees in a year. Sturtze is giving the others a rest and doing VERY well. And Hernandez is amazing again. Not that I'd have ever have imagined either of these 2 pulling this off.

And lastly the Yankees seem to be able to step it up in October. Guys like Williams, Rivera, Hernandez, Jeter, and Posada will pull through in big games. I don't know if the Sox have players that can pull off that same sort of thing.

BTW, Martinez's issues this year stem from a fastball that's velocity has dropped a mph or 2. That's a HUGE deal in the MLBs. And unlike other power pitchers, Pedro isn't big like Randy Johnson or muscular like Clemens and his power is going to fade with age. I don't like his attitude, but he's a hell of a player when he's on.
Pages: [1] 2