xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Catholicism  (Read 179 times)

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

In the late 20th century, and especially at the turn of the 21st, the Catholic Church in several countries was confronted with a series of allegations concerning sexual abuse of children under the legal age of consent by Catholic clergy and religious.

The controversy was at its most famous when it hit the United States in the late 1990s and early 2000s. However, several countries, including Canada, had already faced similar controversies with high-profile cases such as the Mount Cashel Orphanage scandal in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Duplessis Orphans in the province of Quebec.

Abusers moved from location to location
Some bishops have been especially heavily criticized for moving offending priests from parish to parish rather than seeking to have them stripped of their faculties. Many dioceses submitted priests guilty of child abuse for intensive psychotherapeutic treatment and assessment, with the priests only resuming parochial duties when the bishop was advised that it was safe for them to be so assigned.

Failure to report criminal acts to police
From a legal perspective, the single worst failure—other than the actual abuse of children—was the unwillingness of certain Church leaders to report the incidents directly to the police. This phenomenon occurred in every country with rare exceptions.

Not one Catholic molester has face "real" legal sanction. These transgressions have occured for many years outside the US and the eye of the american media
until the Boston conspiracies were exposed.

Sinead O Conner was villified for ripping the picture of the Pope on SNL after his impotence in curbing the catholic appetite for young boys.

All the crusaders of catholicism now is the time to defend your new Ex Hitler youth pope.

You defenders of child molesters, If I am distorting the facts, "TAKE ME TO TASK" on the issue!!!!

slappydooda

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

When dealing with a religion as large as catholicism, your bound to found plenty of sicko's. The "defenders of child molesters" you speak of most probably have never encountered a child molesting priest and still have faith in thier religion. You cannot judge an entire religion (especially one as large as catholicism) by the actions of a small group of people. I am not catholic (or christian, for that matter), I just don't think the hateful tones in your post were directed at the right group of people.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(slappydooda @ Nov 16 2005, 12:02 AM)
When dealing with a religion as large as catholicism, your bound to found plenty of sicko's. The "defenders of child molesters" you speak of most probably have never encountered a child molesting priest and still have faith in thier religion. You cannot judge an entire religion (especially one as large as catholicism) by the actions of a small group of people. I am not catholic (or christian, for that matter), I just don't think the hateful tones in your post were directed at the right group of people.

Since when is pointing out the facts of a situation HATE speech.

TAKE ME TO TASK, you obviously didnt find any untruth in anything I posted or you would have pointed it out. And since 95 % of original post are not my words
you come across as a child molester defender. IMO.

Next time apply logic and not emotion.....

P.S.
When dealing with a religion as large as catholicism

The vast majority of religous minds on the earth are muslim not catholics. And the fact is more people dont believe in divinity than do, would be a fair assesement.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

The vast majority of religous minds on the earth are muslim not catholics. And the fact is more people dont believe in divinity than do, would be a fair assesement.

shoudl try a little research before saying anything

(IMG:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif)
as you can see, "nonreligious" peopel accoutn for only 16%, and chritistians outweigh muslims by nearly a billion

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

granted not all christians are catholic, but catholic is the largest denomination of christianity, with almost a billion followers, so techincially, yeah., theres more mulsims than catholics, however, when lookign from a standpoint of religions minds, other christians are far more likely to think along similar lines as catholics, rather than muslims

Branch Number of Adherents
Catholic 968,000,000
Protestant 395,867,000
Other Christians 275,583,000
Orthodox 217,948,000
Anglicans 70,530,000

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 16 2005, 04:29 AM)
shoudl try a little research before saying anything

(IMG:http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif)
as you can see, "nonreligious" peopel accoutn for only 16%, and chritistians outweigh muslims by nearly a billion

granted not all christians are catholic, but catholic is the largest denomination of christianity, with almost a billion followers, so techincially, yeah., theres more mulsims than catholics, however, when lookign from a standpoint of religions minds, other christians are far more likely to think along similar lines as catholics, rather than muslims

Branch Number of Adherents
Catholic 968,000,000
Protestant 395,867,000
Other Christians 275,583,000
Orthodox 217,948,000
Anglicans 70,530,000

but catholic is the largest denomination of christianity, with almost a billion followers, so techincially, yeah., theres more mulsims than catholics,

Your point would be????????????????
 :uhh:

[sarcasm]
Oh yeah I am a catholic, although I havent stepped in church or taken mass or practice the faith in any aspect of my life.  Plus, I believe in abortion.

I am only a catholic when it serves my own vanities.
[/sarcasm]

P.S.
Christianity:   2.1 billion
Islam:           1.3 billion

2.1+1.3+1.1 = 4.4 billion

The world population is 5 billion very much close to 6, so your numbers/source dont truly tell the entire story. Not that that has any bearing on the issue of organized child molestation.

Take me to task.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »

2.1+1.3+1.1 = 4.4 billion

so you can count, now look at the chart, how many slicesa re there on the pie? yes, more than 3, i only listed the top 3 religions which happened to be the ones you mentioned in your post

Hinduism: 900 million

Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

Buddhism: 376 million

primal-indigenous: 300 million

African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

Sikhism: 23 million

Juche: 19 million

Spiritism: 15 million

Judaism: 14 million

Baha'i: 7 million

Jainism: 4.2 million

Shinto: 4 million

Cao Dai: 4 million

Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

Tenrikyo: 2 million

Neo-Paganism: 1 million

Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

Scientology: 500 thousand

better?

i think im gonna take some good advice i was given and make this my last response to any of your posts

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 16 2005, 08:15 AM)
so you can count, now look at the chart, how many slicesa re there on the pie? yes, more than 3, i only listed the top 3 religions which happened to be the ones you mentioned in your post

Hinduism: 900 million

Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

Buddhism: 376 million

primal-indigenous: 300 million

African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

Sikhism: 23 million

Juche: 19 million

Spiritism: 15 million

Judaism: 14 million

Baha'i: 7 million

Jainism: 4.2 million

Shinto: 4 million

Cao Dai: 4 million

Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

Tenrikyo: 2 million

Neo-Paganism: 1 million

Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

Scientology: 500 thousand
better?
i think im gonna take some good advice i was given and make this my last response to any of your posts

I often employ the same tactic myself. Cant beat em join em.

I would rather you do that then just lie, and insult everyones intelligence like one unnamed individual, who I imagine put forth the advice. I try to ignore him too, but sometimes cant ignore his blaring ignorance

P.S. Feel free to point out any untruth in the post. I think that is what burns the most huh, the fact that this a*hole (xmedia) spews all this BS and its true. What a buzzkill.
 :beer:

puckSR

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

The wise man is silent
so that the fool can display his ignorance

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

Certain homosexually-dominated seminaries have earned nicknames such as Notre Flame (for Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans) and Theological Closet (for Theological College at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.); St. Mary's Seminary in Baltimore has earned the nickname " The Pink Palace."

In some seminaries, students openly prance around in "gay apparel", visit gay bars, and carry on illicit homosexual affairs in their rooms.

Heterosexual seminarians were "propositioned, harassed or even molested," Rose revealed. At one seminary, heterosexual students were forced to submit to homosexual behavior by faculty members who used upper classmen to recruit "Fresh Meat" to satisfy their perverted desires.

The Source

slappydooda

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(xmedia2004 @ Nov 16 2005, 04:20 AM)

So you do see how that is just wrong...right...? Anyways, I was just saying that a large chunk of the people on this earth are catholics and to call then all "defenders of child molesters" is a huge generalization. It is very possible to be catholic without supporting the molesation of children...

And by the way, if you were face with the choice to either be killed or join the hitler youth, which would you choose... (And don't try to spout some bs about how you wouldn't do either and you'd run away on a magic rainbow)

BTW, I don't trust any of the sources sighted in the last post. What is "Newsmax"...? and your sighting things from some womans book...? She has no credability and, with this topic being as closely watched as it is, she could very well just have written (very exciting) lies to get people to buy her book.

This post has been edited by slappydooda: Nov 19 2005, 06:24 PM

puckSR

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

Wow...xmedia still cannot read graphs
according to that study only 8% of people "do not believe in divinity"...commonly known as atheism

How do you get 8% = majority?

Baner

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

X... as an American... do you actively hunt down the groups of child molesters in america... who call whemselves americans... much like yourself? How about the murderers, the thieves, the rapists? In a perfect world, we wouldn't have these problems, but there are people with sick minds, and there's nothing we can do to stop it... renoucing my religion isn't going to keep priests in Italy from playing wit young boys, nor is me keeping my religion. I do what I can for me...

Take me to task... Jerkoff. :boring:

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Nov 21 2005, 05:44 AM)
X... as an American... do you actively hunt down the groups of child molesters in america... who call whemselves americans... much like yourself? How about the murderers, the thieves, the rapists? In a perfect world, we wouldn't have these problems, but there are people with sick minds, and there's nothing we can do to stop it... renoucing my religion isn't going to keep priests in Italy from playing wit young boys, nor is me keeping my religion. I do what I can for me...

Take me to task... Jerkoff. :boring:

Irony is you probably know someone who got one of those "special" communions.
But emotional arguments only indicate you have nothing factual to contribute. THE TRUTH HURTS, I know it sucks.

And forgive me for making the logical conclusion being that the most populus countries on earth, that happen to be muslim, would indicate that the there are a lot of muslims. But that wouldnt make good common sense to the peanut gallery.

Author Samuel Huntington predicts that "Muslims in the world will continue to increase dramatically, amounting to 20 percent of the world's population about the turn of the [21st] century, surpassing the number of Christians some years later..."

Source

pepsik

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

I still can't find any facts, newsmax is selling the book so that discredits it as a source. Barnes and Noble and Amazon categorize the book in christainity/fiction so I can't really see any phyiscal evidence. It's heresay from a whining ex-catholic. Otherwise it would be non-fiction.

whether this is true or not,  i will give you some doubt since the catholic church has the longest running secret service in history. they have alot to hide so maybe..... but you sir have to get out more, the internet is not always true and websites that sell a book are not going to make a contradictory statement.

awal

• Archived User
Catholicism
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »

Good point. Any idiot with a computer can make up anything and post it on the internet.

As for the point that the Islam religion is the fastest growing because they proselytize* more than any other relgion and they do not convert to other religions easily as others do.

*You might have to look this word up.