xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: (usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker  (Read 994 times)

anticrap1234

• Archived User
(usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »

gettingall ur money and crap taken away isnt fair they need to just say u have to pay fulll price for what u downloaded. so if they found like 10 cds then u pay 150$ not like 250,000$. Im glad i dont download. even if p2p stops people can easly copy something they rented or borrowed from a friend. The music and movie industry just doesnt care much a bout the people their just greedy bastards.

Ph34R

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

I look at it this way, The first time someone is put in jail for this and they get kiled in jail, is when we will have to look at the laws diffrently. Personal, yea its stealing, but then i used to make copies of music playing the radio and make mix tapes for freinds. So if i do that now I will be in a jail. this is getting out of hand, I would really like to see the aritist and actors take back their rights, I mean it is there creation.

Now I think these guys who sell games/music/dvds on the side of the streets to make money should burn in a prison. If your going to make money, do it the rigth way. But I think someone who downloads a movie and watches it at his house or in his car shoud NEVER be touched.

I look at piracy one way. its the best form of advertising out their, you download it, tell people 5 people about it 2 of buy it, the other 1 download it. i work with people all day long who when you ask them to go to the start button on their computer they have no idea what your talking about. So they arent losing that much

You can not project a loss based on a download, just beacuse i download it, does mean Ill use it. And trust me, if I pay 18 bucks for a cd/dvd and it sucks beacuse i couldnt hear/see the whole thing I wanna take it back. Which most places will not let you return music/movies. That is the real bullshit. Allow me to return crap and i will buy. You have no idea How many games I have previewed =) and never played agian becuase they just outright suck ass.  Nuff said

niall mc

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

how are they picking the people to arrest? you cant just arrest one person if five people are commiting the crime. if two drunk drivers knock down people, you cant just arrest one of them. i know piracy is nothing like killing pedestrians, but you cant pick on one person if loads of people are doing it.

i dont think they can slam every pirate in jail!

just a thought...

aswilbourn

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(niall mc @ Apr 21 2005, 03:19 PM)
how are they picking the people to arrest? you cant just arrest one person if five people are commiting the crime. if two drunk drivers knock down people, you cant just arrest one of them. i know piracy is nothing like killing pedestrians, but you cant pick on one person if loads of people are doing it.

fghjj

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

They fail to find the PRE suppliers so they make another law to scare them off... Which isn't going to happen. As for P2P, I couldn't care less. Bittorrent is the cancer of the internet. There isn't anything wrong with kids swapping their music and pictures and stuff, but nowadays every 13y old I know can get the latest DVDR or game ISO's, that just isn't right...

petegas

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Severd @ Apr 20 2005, 10:29 PM)
'vive la Canada!'

Faster80

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

The entertainment industry is going to work on getting rid of recordable media and burners if they get rid of p2p. Just like they did before p2p. Doesn't the MGM vs Grokster trial going on right now ask the same question(s) as the betamax case. These companies don't care about whether people enjoy their products. They only think about businness.

Kiyoshioni

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

mad.gif

~Kiyoshi

redskullz

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

unsure.gif   Windows Media Player.

I do apologize for ranting on, but this is so freakin stupid.

wtf will be next?
An interigation next time we buy a CD, DVD, or cd/ dvd+/-r

what are you buying this for?
what do you intend to do with it?
how many times will you see/ listen to it?

maybe I'm wrong,
maybe not.

but this will be like any other war
some innocents get slaughtered
but hey freedom has a high price

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(redskullz @ Apr 21 2005, 01:29 PM)
If we were not meant to share (which by the way was what alot of us was raised to beleive, share and share alike, share the wealth, and so on.....)
then why is there so much software out there such as Power dvd copy/backup,
cd rippers on ... oh my gosh, dare I say,unsure.gif   Windows Media Player.

this is akin to saying, if im not meant to kill people, why do they make guns? or if im not meant to break in to places, why do they make crowbars?

doesnt stand up... just because somehting is there, does not mean it should be used, or was designed, for every purpose...

redskullz

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

you pose a good point but lets look at the more logical reasons

CD ripper- general use was to make copies of music cd's

guns- general use of protection and hunting

crowbars- general use of prying, nails, wood crate boxes, and so on

it just generally depends on how the consumer/user uses the products

i own a gun
i dont kill people

i own a crowbar
i dont break in windows and steal property/belongings

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

it just generally depends on how the consumer/user uses the products

thats my point: the products werent put there specifically for pirating, though they can be used for it... but the products being there cant be used as an excuse...

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Apr 21 2005, 03:01 PM)
thats my point: the products werent put there specifically for pirating, though they can be used for it... but the products being there cant be used as an excuse...

redskullz

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

yes i do agree

case in point to your perspective

users on the IRC network dl movies that was recroded via camcorders inside of the movie theaters

that is not supposed to be the purpose of the camcorder but the user intends on using it that way

yea some do break the law

but then again
who hasn't/doesn't

redskullz

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ Apr 21 2005, 06:26 PM)
It's the same with modchips, they say they are for homebrew stuff, but they are really to allow you to play copied games. Those programs are the same way, they say it's to backup your own movies, but they really release them so that people can copy any music/game/dvd's that they want.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6