xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: (usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker  (Read 985 times)

yuckymucky

• Archived User
(usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(revengeismyfury @ Apr 21 2005, 02:35 AM)
Alot of you on x-s arent as dumb as I thought you were. tongue.gif

Saint17

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

It's an unenforceable law, too many do it now to try and stop it to any real extent, it won't last.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(MaxMuscleWear @ Apr 20 2005, 06:16 PM)
Rappers are the people who piss me off the most. They just practically rub their wealth in your face. sad.gif

MrShadow

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

im sticking to irc for now, seem like it will be the only "safe" thing now

SEHF

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

smile.gif

Anyways, I'm annoyed by this law, but I really don't download too much stuff.  So It won't effect me right now, but maybe later on...

When I may want something online.  If the FBI does start to hunt down sharers, it won't be long before some hackers and software engineers outsmart them...IRC will probably become more popular soon...

Damn Bill...

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

So is this for downloading of copyrighted material in general or just for unreleased stuff?

shavedrat

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

cool.gif

Cthulhu32

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »

Quote in 2 years from all the imprisoned piraters of the USA :

tattoo'd scary inmate
"So what are you in for"

scrawny nerdy inmate
"Man I was recording a movie in a theater, and they caught me, what are you in for?"

tattoo'd scary inmate
"I killed my mother with a butter knife."

- seriously, when will it end?

hvyrms

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

Look more closely at the phrasing of the article:
"The bill, approved by Congress on Tuesday, is written so broadly it could make a federal felon of anyone who has even one copy of a film, software program or music file in a shared folder and should have known the copyrighted work had not been commercially released."

Now fix some of the english to make it a little more readable in the important parts:
"The bill, approved by Congress on Tuesday, is written so broadly it could make a federal felon of anyone who ... should have known the copyrighted work had not been commercially released."

So... If I download Forza after it's been released in May it seems like they can't use this against me.

The next time Eminem's (or Rockstar's or Sony Pictures') latest appears on the web, just wait until it actually appears in stores before you download it.

OR just go rent whatever and skip the whole tracable internet.  Blockbuster sure as hell won't stop renting you videos.  And Netflix and Gamefly really don't care if they're sending you a game and recieving on from you every other day.  

Why's that?  Cause they've got your money, but it's still much less than if you gave it to selfish, hoggish production companies.

Let the market go to equilibrium.  When EA can't throw tons of money at games to advertise them into success, maybe they'll actually make a halfway decent game.

Ap0[41yp$3

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Apr 20 2005, 11:49 PM)
if it comes in im not giving bush my vote every again.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Apr 20 2005, 10:47 PM)
"People aren't buying the music because they're just downloading it", No, people aren't buying the music because it sucks. When was the last time that you actually heard anything new that was actually original? It's not about the music anymore, it's about the money, plain and simple.

while i do agree with some of what youre saying, this argument is stupid and flawed... there has ALWAYS been pop music that was unoriginal and watered down... there was no golden age of music where there were only truly talented artists who put out stuff to be appreciated (ie the late 70's  rolleyes.gif ), save classical periods (and im certain there were a handful of hack composers as well) but people dont really care about that...

generally this arguement comes from people who think they are superior to others based on what type of music they listen too... generally rock fans who bitch about people not playing their own instruments and the like... most generally high schoolers who have just started listening to hendrix and possibly punk founders such as the sex pistols and are finally discovering music that their peers dont nec listen to, but everyone else has...

note im not saying you are one as i want to save myself the tirade of 'i listen to all kinds of music just look at my mp3 collection'...  beerchug.gif

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »

Christ people, just come to terms with it.  Downloading copyrighted material is stealing... we all do it, just like assholes drink and drive or do drugs.  But no matter how you look at it, it is illegal. I'm not trying to accuse anyone, because I'm as guilty as the next guy. So stop making all these stupid fucking excuses like "you can't own information"... if you didn't write the code, then it isn't yours.  Thats like stealing a book and saying people can't own words... plagurism anyone?  Anyways, we all know its stealling.  Oh, and for all you that say you'll never go see a movie again and all that shit... if you don't pay to see movies, where will the studio's get the money to make NEW movies?  Pull it out of their asses?  Where did they get the money in the first place? Christ people, grow up...

f8ded

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

Are they crazy; I'm really sure that if this bill pass everyone that is age 15 and above it going to go to jail for sure. I swear those old punk up in Washington do nothing except make life harder for the poor. What i mean by poor is teens like me who don't have a job. Going to school and studying like mad so i can become filty rich so i won't have to be stealing their shiz.  And yea everyone know it stealing we are just trying to justify why we do it. Frankly i don't really care for reason i do it because i can get it for free. I think that last sentence explain everyone inner demon. Free stuff is good

Cio

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »

Lemme write a quick rant:

$ 18,99 for a CD is about 15 euro's for a CD.

Most cd's here cost between 20,99 and 24,99 euro's.

So if u feel screwed... feel screwed, but not about the price u have to pay, just how money and power are divided in the US.

Hey, at least i can walk around with 1 gram of coke, 5 grams of weed/hasj and still not get arrested! (Ofcourse then the police WILL search me for weapons witch r illegal and ask me for my passport or european ID card, and if i dont have thats it's a 200 euro fine.. not counting drugs)

Oh wait... thats not really freedom.. thats allowing me to numb my brain so i don't think about the facistic ID rule.

Authority in any form prevents freedom of mind and the sharing of knowledge to prevent progressive thinking
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6