xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Espn Or Madden?  (Read 110 times)

Neeero

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« on: September 04, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »

So which one of these titles is superior and why? I've seen positive notes of both game and am still deciding which one to get.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 05:07:00 PM »

I am excited to try out the New "In Helmet" Cam that they supposedly thru in the game(ESPN).  Either one you really cannot go wrong.  They will both get great ratings and be great games.

LepPpeR

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »

This is a quote from GameSpot:

"While Madden is the most realistic-playing football game on the market, ESPN NFL Football is simply the most exciting football game on the planet."

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

I have played both now.  I enjoy ESPN more because it is just more faced paced.  More fun for me I would say.  The in-helmet game is cool, I enjoy it but it still has a lot to work on.  A great start thought I would say.

BrothaJay

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

While I enjoyed madden Briefly ESPN is really a much better game in my opinion and it's a helluva alot funner to play, not to mention online for the Big Box! tongue.gif

Shadowland

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

ESPN Football all the way if you prefer arcade-like gameplay or take Madden if you prefer simulation styles more.  Either way you can't lose.

*cough*ESPN*cough*

huh?

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

ESPN Football all the way if you prefer arcade-like gameplay or take Madden if you prefer simulation styles more. Either way you can't lose.

any just think, everyone said the Exact opposit of Madden 2003 & NFL 2K3 blink.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

The first-person mode in ESPN is still hard to get used to.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Sep 5 2003, 02:00 PM)

I agree, I have been playing it for a little while.  It is hard to run straight and worry about people on the right, left, and behind you.  it is still pretty cool when you get popped though

shanafan

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Sep 5 2003, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (shanafan @ Sep 5 2003, 02:00 PM)

I agree, I have been playing it for a little while.  It is hard to run straight and worry about people on the right, left, and behind you.  it is still pretty cool when you get popped though

Its like when I throw a pass (from Vick of course), my receiver catches it, but I am so lost as to which way I should go, heh

Running was fun though

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

My advice to anyone thinking about getting EA games or Sega games, is go with Sega. That way EA will see its sales go down and actully improve their sports games alot.

Biznaz

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

Does Madden or ESPN have anything like Fever's Read and Lead passing?  I played fever 2k4 and was really impressed at the amount of control read and lead passing gives.  Its a lot of fun to throw huge long bombs, and have your reciever keep running instead of stopping and turning around because the pass was too short.

Squirrel_ESS_GEN

• Archived User
Espn Or Madden?
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

I have a question?, why is everyone deciding to jump on the ESPN bandwagon?, lol, ive been a 2k series fan since well.....2k. Anyway Peter O" Keith could slap John Madden, and Pat Summeral without spilling his beer.