xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Stolen Honor  (Read 1995 times)

Ween311

• Archived User
Stolen Honor
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Depends on the crime.  Personally, I think war crimes like burning down villages is much worse than a DUI.  What do you think?

pug_ster

• Archived User
Stolen Honor
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

He said that he was ordered to do it.  He could refuse or get court marshalled.  

For Bush, I don't know if he was ordered to drive while drunk.

Ween311

• Archived User
Stolen Honor
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

So by that logic, if your boss told you to do something illegal, and you did it, then it wouldn't be your fault?

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to defend any wrongdoings by anyone.  Just pointing out the fact of why these POW's and Swiftboat people might have something against Kerry.  He said they all commited atrocities, including him.  Imagine for a moment, that your captors are trying to get you to admit to something that you did not do.  When they think you are lying to them, they beat and torture you.  You keep denying that you did anything that they accused you of.  Then, all the sudden, they come in with recordings of your fellow countrymen, already home from the war testifying to the world that American soldiers all did this.  

If I were in that position, when I got home from the war, I would probably feel a lot of animosity and hatred for the person who did that.  It's pretty justifiable from their end and I think that they should be allowed to speak their mind.  Especially when the person who did that is now running for the President of the country that they live in.  Does it make anybody right?  I don't believe so.  There will always be discrepencies in everyone's recollections.  It was 30 years ago.  Should they have to keep quiet on their feelings about Kerry?

pug_ster

• Archived User
Stolen Honor
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

Like I said, these POW's have been pissed off for the wrong guy.  Unfortunately, the US at that time was fighting a very ill-effective war.  Just because they suspect if one enemy is in a village, the US was ordered to burn down the whole village.  Do you think that's fair?  

And the people protesting this was blamed when the commanders who told these soldiers to burn down the village should be responsible for this action.

Kerry is blamed twice, once for following orders from his superiors and again when he fight against them.  It is easy to blame on people like Kerry because he has a face, while the faceless beaurcrats at washington for dragging this war to this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]