xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: What Religion Do You Follow?  (Read 4938 times)

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
What Religion Do You Follow?
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

user posted image

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (tupac @ Nov 30 2004, 09:17 PM)
so ur saying ur religious but dont believe in heaven or hell?

Heaven yes, Hell no. There is not one reference to "Hell" any where in the Bible

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »

so where do all the naughty people go?

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

found 13 refs to hell.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (tupac @ Dec 1 2004, 02:36 AM)
so where do all the naughty people go?

They don’t go any where. When your dead your dead.

Romans 6:7
For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

So if you have been acquitted from your sin, why would you go to “hell”?

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Dec 1 2004, 12:38 PM)
found 13 refs to hell.

Mr. Chips, you will find the word hell in bible translations such as the King James and The American Standard. But these bibles translations have translated the word wrongly.
If you want more insite on this click the link below.
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=1684730

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

Wow, I hit the Atheist button thinking I was going to be 1 out of 5 or 6.  I guess that there are a lot of people out there that have the same feelings as me.  I personally dont believe in a higher power, but I am a true believer in ones opinion.  I am glad that there are this many people on the scene that are willing to express their opinion about their religion freely.

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

what would you show as definitive proof to someone who has never known anything like religion that god exists?

Oh and btw having sex for any other reason than procreating is a sin, have fun in hell godsquads

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

u forget that if they admit their sins then everythings ok....lol....im sorry, but what a lame of view of sin and forgiveness and all that, i can murder all the people i want, beat off all i want, hell, i could hitler reincarnate, but if i ask for gods forgiveness he will forgive me and ill go to heaven, yeah right, sounds like another way fr the church to control more people since EVERYONE'S an evil sinner.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

u forget that if they admit their sins then everythings ok....lol....im sorry, but what a lame of view of sin and forgiveness and all that, i can murder all the people i want, beat off all i want, hell, i could hitler reincarnate, but if i ask for gods forgiveness he will forgive me and ill go to heaven, yeah right, sounds like another way fr the church to control more people since EVERYONE'S an evil sinner.

have fun in hell godsquads

I don't understand why there is all this tension between the religious and those who care to express themselves differently.
Many of you call religion bad, but look at this page of posts (I don't care to search thru all 9 pages) and notice that all the non-religious folk attack the religious, yet the religious try and respond in a civilized manner. I’ve noticed this often in these forums, the “Bible freaks” will reply with a quote from the Bible, and others will just reply with some obscene respond, much like the ones above. I find it pretty hypocritical...
After seeing the responds in this topic, I can't compare those who responded to anything better than a KKK member. They single out others, not even knowing anything about them, simply because they checked that they were a Christian on a poll on a gaming forum... it's pitiful to see this.
I would tell you guys to "Love thy neighbor" but I don’t see what good it will do, since you will just see it as “lies created by men” rather than for it’s moral value. At this rate, mankind is doomed to be separate unless everyone agrees to think and believe the same. It’s one thing to debate and share your difference; it’s another when you section a group out for those differences.

since EVERYONE'S an evil sinner.

You’re absolutely right; there was only one man who was perfect, Jesus. Ever since the Garden of Eden, mankind has been sinners. But you have it wrong. We can’t just say “Forgive me of my sins,” We have to do it with all our faith, and mean it with the truth of our heart, something that I noticed that non-religious folk can’t seem to grasp.

In no way am I trying to single anyone out, I’ve found many kind and understanding atheists, but it seems that the ones on this scene don’t care to understand other people differences, and would rather flame someone, then try and understand why people do what they do.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

im not attacking anyone, just religion in general, more specifically Christianity, disagree with me if u want, im always up for a good debate....but compare me to a KKK member lol.....u want me to be a nice and polite when i make a post,

"u forget that if they admit their sins then everythings ok....lol....im sorry, but what a lame of view of sin and forgiveness and all that, i can murder all the people i want, beat off all i want, hell, i could hitler reincarnate, but if i ask for gods forgiveness he will forgive me and ill go to heaven, yeah right, sounds like another way fr the church to control more people since EVERYONE'S an evil sinner."

basically translates  into christianity is just trying to control all people, even the bad ones, by saying god loves everyone and god forgives all(but ur going to hell if u dont worship him), and that since everyone is a sinner we will all burn in hell if we dont admit our sins...which also means if i was an atheist and was a good person my entire life but beat off once when i was 14 i would burn in hell because i didnt admit my sin before i died...ur right, i guess Christianity does make a lot of sense.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Take it as a grain of salt.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

wink.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User