xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: What Religion Do You Follow?  (Read 5212 times)

nemt

• Archived User
What Religion Do You Follow?
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (RzarectaH @ Mar 30 2004, 07:41 AM)
Muslim here, without prejudice to anyone!  Except nemt...he's just boared and confused. rolleyes.gif

Do you even know anything about your religion?  I've read your koran, have you?

Explain this:

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

Islam is a religion of hate, the terrorists are correct in their interpretation.  Evil, hatred, and murder are the true beliefs of islam.

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

cool.gif

AgentofEvil

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 31 2004, 06:27 PM)
Do you even know anything about your religion?  I've read your koran, have you?

Explain this:

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

Islam is a religion of hate, the terrorists are correct in their interpretation.  Evil, hatred, and murder are the true beliefs of islam.

And thusly you've demonstrated how easy it is to take a passage or two out of context, and twist it to your own ends. It's easy to do that with any major religious work, including the Bible.

I was raised Lutheran, but by the age of 16 or so, I found myself with unanswered questions about the religion in which I was raised. I took my concerns to my parents first, then our pastor, and later to anyone I met who seemed to have a good grasp of the religion. Ultimately, these questions were never answered; and I found myself without a religion. I spent the next eight years or so "visiting" various religions, trying to find one that was the right fit for me. During that time I spent time talking with as many learned members of the religions I was investigating as I could, I attended services, etc. I bought every major religious work I could, and read them all. I've spent some time with Catholics, various Protestant Churches, Christian Scientists, Muslims, Hari Krishnas, Bhuddists, Taoists, Jews, the list goes on.

What I discovered (aside from the fact that I, as a thinking man, was not comfortable with any of these religions) was this: EVERY religion, in some way or another, preaches some form of intollerance for other religions and/or peoples. Even your Bible is not free of this (read the old testament for some dandy examples. I don't have a copy handy on my desk at work here, but I know that there are several verses that advocate killing and violence; and, if memory serves, even genocide.)

It boils down to this though; every religious work is essentially a philisophical one, it's always open to debate, and you can easily read whatever you'd like into any work; it has as much to do with the readers' pre-conceptions as it does with the work itself. The Quaran preaches hate no more than the Bible does, it's all in the interpretation my friend.

And that is where the extremists, from every religion, come in. They twist the interpretation to their own ends, and smear the name of the religion in the process. Don't think that christians don't have thier own share of extremists, stretching back nearly as far as the religion itself. Look at the templars and the crusades, or more recently the violence against gays and abortion clinics and doctors (I could list more examples, but these two stand out most clearly here in the US), I don't think you'll find many muslims behind these acts; and lets face it, there is ZERO justification for taking the life of another human being.

That being said, as we should all realize by now, no religion is right or wrong; they're all philosophies about the begining, and the afterlife. Since no one here (or anywhere on earth) has actually been there for either of these things (yet, we'll all find out about the afterlife eventually) no one can say "This religion is right, and all others are wrong." All you can say in honesty is "This religion is right for me." Keep that in mind, and allow others thier beliefs, you might be suprised how great life can be (and how varied your group of friends can become!) if you try practicing tollerance for once.

On another note, I find it amusing (and somewhat sad) that you're taking such a hostile tone. Is this how Christ wants you to behave? Insulting people in his name, slandering thier beliefs? I'm sure it isn't. You talk about Islam preaching hate, but I encourage you to go back and read your own posts on xbox-scene; I think you'll find that more than half of them are nothing more than insults, or hate-filled diatribes. I feel sorry for you, and hope you can see the error in your own words.

Nemt, I hope you one day learn to take your own religion to heart! Turn the other cheek, and behave in a christ-like fashion (which is, after all, what it means to be Christian) you'll be happier for it, and a positive example of your religion, rather than the hateful example you are now.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (AgentofEvil @ Mar 31 2004, 07:31 PM)
Nemt, I hope you one day learn to take your own religion to heart! Turn the other cheek, and behave in a christ-like fashion (which is, after all, what it means to be Christian) you'll be happier for it, and a positive example of your religion, rather than the hateful example you are now.

I have no religion, I don't have a need for it, but I respect those who do.  I don't have respect for islam because it's a faith based solely on forced propagation, xenopgobia, hatred, and war, and anyone who says that isn't the "context" of the koran is incorrect.

You also don't understand what christ meant by "turn the other cheek."  It's a common mistake though, as very few people know the meaning of the phrase.  In the judean culture, the left hand was not used for work, or for that much, slapping.  When one would slap someone else in the face, it would be against the knuckles, to show contempt, or disrespect.  By turning one's cheek, you force the other to strike you with an open hand, forcing him to either accept you at the same level as himself, or discontinue his attacks.

It has nothing to do with forgiveness.

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

i am protestand, but mostly agnostic.
i cant se how anyone could be totally athiest but its my opinion.

and whatever fag pie sayed he didnt want to be lumped in with protestants obivously takes it up the ass.

i do kidan agree with that person above said about islams. i have islam friedns, but die hard islam extremist, i think haev no place in the world. they do not accept other religions, they want the world to islam, whcih iu think is wrong. i am totally tolerable of most religions

cya

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 31 2004, 07:41 PM)
I have no religion, I don't have a need for it, but I respect those who do.  I don't have respect for islam because it's a faith based solely on forced propagation, xenopgobia, hatred, and war, and anyone who says that isn't the "context" of the koran is incorrect.

You also don't understand what christ meant by "turn the other cheek."  It's a common mistake though, as very few people know the meaning of the phrase.  In the judean culture, the left hand was not used for work, or for that much, slapping.  When one would slap someone else in the face, it would be against the knuckles, to show contempt, or disrespect.  By turning one's cheek, you force the other to strike you with an open hand, forcing him to either accept you at the same level as himself, or discontinue his attacks.

It has nothing to do with forgiveness.

OMG, dude...

You cannot tell a Muslim what is in the Quran because you obviously have the concrete meaning of it. I memorize the Quran in Arabic. I take classes for it and I listen to lectures about it (basically what you guys call Church) every Friday. Islam is NOT a hatrid religion. Islam means Peace in Arabic. And Jihad means struggle. These CNN people always have to  put the word violent in front of jihad to make those stupid Americans believe that Islam is a religion of war. Islam wants itself to spread so why would it be a hatrid religion?  wink.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Apr 5 2004, 04:57 PM)
OMG, dude...

You cannot tell a Muslim what is in the Quran because you obviously have the concrete meaning of it. I memorize the Quran in Arabic. I take classes for it and I listen to lectures about it (basically what you guys call Church) every Friday. Islam is NOT a hatrid religion. Islam means Peace in Arabic. And Jihad means struggle. These CNN people always have to  put the word violent in front of jihad to make those stupid Americans believe that Islam is a religion of war. Islam wants itself to spread so why would it be a hatrid religion?  wink.gif

You don't know what you're talking about, you're like a ten year old in CCD class learning about catholicism.

Islam IS based on hatred, the main tenet of islam was to give the people of the world three options, death, conversion, or religious taxation.  This was practiced for hundreds of years.  Islam may be from the word salaam for peace, but it is not a religion of peace, it is a religion of xenophobia, ostracism, hatred, and war.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Apr 5 2004, 05:52 PM)
You don't know what you're talking about, you're like a ten year old in CCD class learning about catholicism.

Islam IS based on hatred, the main tenet of islam was to give the people of the world three options, death, conversion, or religious taxation.  This was practiced for hundreds of years.  Islam may be from the word salaam for peace, but it is not a religion of peace, it is a religion of xenophobia, ostracism, hatred, and war.

Are you are the one calling me a 10 year old? Pfffttt.......

Dude, only 10 year olds bash other religions and DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT saying you are not bashing Islam right now. Let me play Clue right now...

1. You are athiest therefore you must think that there is no God and Earth and humans were evolved from monkeys or the smallest molecule!  laugh.gif
2. You have no life.  dry.gif
3. You are conceited.  dry.gif
4. Just because someone is not like you, you must put hatrid towards them. sleep.gif

And you are calling Islam a bad religion?

I think you need to get your facts straight kid... because you can't tell a Muslim how their religion is because Muslims are, 95% of the time religious.  The ones who aren't, aren't even considered Muslims! So before you post again, you might want to ask yourself, "Is what I am going to post something BASHING Islam or something wrong interpreted of Islam"? Ask yourself that, and THEN post!  dry.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

"Seek out and kill the non believers" is not open to interperetation.  Islam is based on war, whether the majority of muslims are violent or not is insignificant.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

Guess what, asshole?  I know christianity has spurred violence, but the BIBLE does not cause it!  Have you read anything I've said?  You are a complete idiot.  Radical islam is based solely on the teaching of the koran, and they are correct in their violent views, the christian bible NEVER says to make war on nonbelievers, or force others to convert by threat of death.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

smile.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Apr 10 2004, 09:28 AM)
yes.. we don't need flagrant swearing to get points across in what should be a political discussion.. not a rap song. smile.gif

Sorry, I've tried to explain my position reasonably to these people, but they seem immune to all forms of logic.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (player1 @ Apr 10 2004, 01:09 PM)
You need to accept that people have different views m8.

By you swearing like that its gives off the impression you are doing exactly the same as you claim the Islamic religion does ie trying to impose your views and beliefs on others by force.  wink.gif

I didn't swear, you guys are the ones with the whole "OMG U R SO FUCKING STUPID DONT U KNOW NE THING?" streal going.

player1

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Apr 10 2004, 06:51 PM)
I didn't swear, you guys are the ones with the whole "OMG U R SO FUCKING STUPID DONT U KNOW NE THING?" streal going.

really ?  rolleyes.gif

Guess what, asshole? I know christianity has spurred violence, but the BIBLE does not cause it! Have you read anything I've said? You are a complete idiot. Radical islam is based solely on the teaching of the koran, and they are correct in their violent views, the christian bible NEVER says to make war on nonbelievers, or force others to convert by threat of death.

You really do seem to have a problem m8 and you are letting yourself down badly and just playing into the hands of the others whos views you are challenging.

My views are pretty much the same as your but I dont let things get side tracked by conducting myself like a spoilt brat whos just had his sweets taken away.

Your conduct is leaving you open for attack m8.

talic

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 15 2004, 01:30 AM)
Topic says it all.. just wondering what everyone is. I am proud to be a Muslim and follow the Islamic Religion. I attend the Mosque every now and then. Please don't flame me and say I'm a terrorist  ph34r.gif . My signature is Islamic Calligraphy written in Arabic.  smile.gif

Do u even know what it means lol?

rolleyes.gif

Might not want to post the name of God in vain on a forum which constantly disses Him.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13