xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Last Boss In Panzer Dragoon Orta  (Read 26 times)

Hammy

• Archived User
Last Boss In Panzer Dragoon Orta
« on: January 02, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

jester.gif

AV998

• Archived User
Last Boss In Panzer Dragoon Orta
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

The third incarnation is pretty tough, especially on normal or hard modes.  It took me a bunch of tries to take him down on normal, I basically used the normal dragon form and kept locking on to the head of the dragon to take out the laser balls before they expand out.  This version has a lot smaller of a "sweet spot" then the second dragon form does when he's firing them off, and moves around a lot more.  I think they're impossible to dodge, you have to lock on to the laser circles and take them out before they can fire.  The speedy dragon form is useless because the gun won't lock on to the circles, and the heavy arms dragon is too slow and doesn't have enough lock on targets, so you're pretty much stuck with the base dragon form.

How I finally got him was to take nearly no damage (like 1 hit) before the third incarnation, and had a berserk guage full up.  I took out about 3-5 sets of the laser circles and probably took one or two hits, then saw a big set get out before I could take them out so I hit the berserk button, took out a few more sets (took one or two more hits there) and then he stopped with the laser circles for a bit so I just finished him off (after the berserk he was down to about 1/4 health so wasn't too hard to finish him off).

My final score for the stage said I took 4 hits total, and I was down to about 1/5th life.  So I would say you can take around 4 shots from those lasers in normal mode before dying (if you haven't taken any damage before third incarnation).  You just have to get in to the zone when you're killing it.  Tough last boss.  I've heard people say one shot of berserk on easy mode will take him out so probably cake on that setting.  On hard it would be insanely tough I think.