xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Will You Buy A Playstation3?  (Read 2422 times)

lex_luther23

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Playstation3?
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Aug 4 2006, 03:13 PM) View Post

The only (and i mean ONLY) reason i would  get a ps3 is to sell it on ebay and make a profit. I've always had a big problem with the Playstation/2/3 because the lack of good games. Nothing that Sony has catches my eye. MS has a lot of awesome titles for the 360 and for the xbox 1. Saying that they didn't just means that either you're a ps3fanboy or that you didn't get the right games.
(It might be me, but it seems that lexluther23 is new to these forums. Otherwise he would have a different opinion about the ps3.)

not new at all lost my pass to my other account and a mod told me to make a new one.Lexluther23 was my last account. Like i said the games buy me not the console when the launch list of games comes out and if it has a rich selection of games ill buy it if not my money stays in my pocket. I stated many times i'm a gamer pc and console alike i don't get into the debate of this console is better then that console.

No need to bash me because im open mined its the same with foods you never know if your going to like it till you try it. So don't start flamming me because im not going around bashing a console with out first giving it a chance.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

i'm not bashing you. It's just real easy to mistake someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about now, but it kinda seems that way on the first impression.

Anyway, i still love my 360, and Ps3 won't have anything on me.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

People are saying the PS3 won't have many differnt games then the 360, thats like, completely off, PS3 will have all the Japanese style RPGs released on it, games like Final Fantasy XIII and Suikoden 6, games that wont be on Xbox 360, not games like Oblivion which is possibly the worst game ive ever played. Right now, the only reason i own an Xbox 360 is for Dead or Alive 4, and when Enchanted Arms comes out ill be buying that, and NHL07, after that, i dont really see any more games coming out anytime soon that interest me.

Oh and lex_luther23, i personally would just ignore Mr Invader, he has 100% of his posts on PS3 forums, and they are all bashing posts.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Aug 6 2006, 06:18 PM) View Post

People are saying the PS3 won't have many differnt games then the 360, thats like, completely off, PS3 will have all the Japanese style RPGs released on it, games like Final Fantasy XIII and Suikoden 6, games that wont be on Xbox 360, not games like Oblivion which is possibly the worst game ive ever played. Right now, the only reason i own an Xbox 360 is for Dead or Alive 4, and when Enchanted Arms comes out ill be buying that, and NHL07, after that, i dont really see any more games coming out anytime soon that interest me.
Oh and lex_luther23, i personally would just ignore Mr Invader, he has 100% of his posts on PS3 forums, and they are all bashing posts.

Thats the main reason i may get one is because of the japan games and the anime style the playstation franchise has like devil may cry /onimusha/zone of enders/metal gear/dark cloud/ico/ each console i believe brings something differnt to the table i love gaming. 360 and ps3 will have fun and great games to play and yes i will own a Wii as well soon as they come out my wife is a fan of nintendo and we play those mario games togather plus im zelda fan. Their is no need for a person to say well im not going to play ps3 because i like 360 no telling how many great games you will miss on other consoles. I like 360 too and i can't see a big differnce between the 2 systems and if you want to play all the great games its nice to have both.

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(lex_luther23 @ Aug 7 2006, 12:42 AM) View Post

Thats the main reason i may get one is because of the japan games and the anime style the playstation franchise has like devil may cry /onimusha/zone of enders/metal gear/dark cloud/ico/ each console i believe brings something differnt to the table i love gaming. 360 and ps3 will have fun and great games to play and yes i will own a Wii as well soon as they come out my wife is a fan of nintendo and we play those mario games togather plus im zelda fan. Their is no need for a person to say well im not going to play ps3 because i like 360 no telling how many great games you will miss on other consoles. I like 360 too and i can't see a big differnce between the 2 systems and if you want to play all the great games its nice to have both.

Ah, but need I mention 360's side? I will anyway.
-Itagaki (DOA, Ninka Gaiden...)
-Blue Dragon (Toriyama and co)
-Lost Oddyssey (Final Fantasy gurus)
-(and isn't Lost Planet still exclusive?)
-and so on...

I think it was ps3today.com or something, I came across an article stating that currently, the Xbox 360 has almost twice as many games currently in development compared to PS3. And just in case you wanna whip out the "but 360's been out longer" argument, Wii also had significantly more games in development too.

If you want a system for exclusives, you might want to start steering toward Wii60. The sheer mass of games in development is one thing, but then there's all the titles that are jumping ship and going solidly multiplatform (or at least PS3/360)- like Grand Theft Auto. Then there's titles that might only be timed exclusives- SquareEnix is partnered with 360, after all, so Final Fantasy isn't necessarily a one-system show...

Sony doesn't have a monopoly on exclusives anymore. Not that they particularly did anyway... (Mario, Halo, KOTOR, Zelda...)

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

everyone knows that masses of games, doesnt necessarily make success on a system.  The Xb1 was a big example of that.  At 1st, when it was released, there were tons of less than stellar titles b/c there weren't a lot of developers on it.  Over time, It got better yes, but I'd rather play nothing than play some of the crap they had out (Nightcaster wtf?)

PS3 will have it's titles just like Wii and 360 will.  Which flavor of games you want to play will decide which console you're gonna get.  Always been that way.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 11 2006, 10:12 PM) View Post

everyone knows that masses of games, doesnt necessarily make success on a system.  The Xb1 was a big example of that.  At 1st, when it was released, there were tons of less than stellar titles b/c there weren't a lot of developers on it.  Over time, It got better yes, but I'd rather play nothing than play some of the crap they had out (Nightcaster wtf?)

PS3 will have it's titles just like Wii and 360 will.  Which flavor of games you want to play will decide which console you're gonna get.  Always been that way.

AGREE im not putting down 360 at all like i said im going own all 3 consoles but their is titles on ps3 that 360 will not have and titles the 360 will have and ps3 will not have. Please i want this forum to know im not saying ps3 is better then 360 alot of you seem to think thats what im saying and its not!! Like i said before im a gamer i play games no matter what system its on if they got it and it's somthing i want to play then im going to play it. No one said that xbox360 is not going to have jap games thats not what i said it's just Sony is loved over their in japan so they will be more japan love showed toward that console and more jap rpgs and slashers and japan horror games thats all im saying. Just like the 360 is known for its fps and fighters and so on like i said each console brings somthing knew to the table.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Aug 6 2006, 05:18 PM) View Post

I must say, you have a terrible taste in videogames

That or your a stubborn Sony zombie pig that is so baised that you don't care about any good games that the 360 comes out with.

Dead or Alive 4 is good. Enchanted arms is suppose to be good. NHL07? Hockey? Hockey games are terrible as are most sports games.

You DEFINETELY have poor taste in videogames

boo hoo get over it

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Aug 12 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

That or your a stubborn Sony zombie pig that is so baised that you don't care about any good games that the 360 comes out with.

Dead or Alive 4 is good. Enchanted arms is suppose to be good. NHL07? Hockey? Hockey games are terrible as are most sports games.

boo hoo get over it

Its about personal preferance, obviously your an idiot and dont relize that, my personal opinion on most of the 360 games is that they suck, not my type of game, and your just to stupid to relize what other people think of games, you only think of what you like, typical american.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Aug 12 2006, 09:57 PM) View Post

boo hoo get over it

not really poor taste, just used to Japan-style games.  Western games does take some getting used to (after switching over) but for the most part I find some western titles to be superior to some Japanese games.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

everyone always says the same bullshit before every launch and every time people end up being wrong.  Which is why my saying is to not say shit until there is enough to say something (and no, 1st year doesnt count.)  I can come up with a reason to own a PS2, Xbox or Gamecube

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 16 2006, 10:24 AM) View Post

everyone always says the same bullshit before every launch and every time people end up being wrong.  Which is why my saying is to not say shit until there is enough to say something (and no, 1st year doesnt count.)  I can come up with a reason to own a PS2, Xbox or Gamecube

Reguardless of the console being already out or not they all come down to one thing... the games.

I own a Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, (Dreamcast, PSOne, Saturn, etc. etc. etc.) and the only reason I bought ANY of those consoles is because they offered a game that I wanted to play that couldn't get anywhere else. Beyond the games it was a matter of cost...  (# of games I want)/(price of admission) = the factor of liklyhood that I'll buy the console.

Reguardess of any reasons you'd provide for buying a PS2, Xbox or Gamecube, all the "reasons" in the world wont matter if I dont like any of the exclusive titles.

Last gen I waited for the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube to come out. I wrote down all the games I wanted and listed them by each console, I looked at the costs of each of the consoles factoring in the price of a 2nd controller, memory cards if needed, etc. I bought the Xbox first because it had the highest number of games I wanted for the lowest price of admission per game (mostly because it didn't need a memory card). Down the road I picked up a PS2 and a Gamecube when the number of desirable exclusive games reached a certain high point and the price dropped to a certain low point.

I bought the Xbox 360 at launch because it offered numerous titles that I really wanted to play, and despite the (what I consider to be) high price point the number of games made up for it: Condemned, PDZ, Kameo, COD2, DOA4, PRG3 and knowing that Burnout, Oblivion, and Prey would come shortly down the road. 9 games/$400 was worth it to me....

PGR, DOA3, JSRF, Splinter Cell and a few others were what sold me on the Xbox 1

I only own a small handful of games on the PS2 but I really only bought it for:  DMC and Final Fantasy X. If it didn't have those titles I still might not own one. There are a few more titles now that interest me, like Guitar Hero but in the way of exclusive titles it doesn't offer very much that interests me. As for cross platform titles I'll buy it for whatever platform i own that is the best performer at the time. I wont go out of my way to buy a new console for added performance unless there are a number of other good games I'm looking forward to on that console.

"Reasons" asside I think the point Ozy and Exist2Resist are talking about is the number of desirable games/price of admission for the PS3.

I'm not very interested in MGS4 or Killzone 2 (I'm sure there are people that are) and for those of us that aren't interested in the games sony is promoting there becomes little reason to want a PS3 until the number of desirable exclusive games reaches a certain high and the price of admission reaches a certain low. Reguardless of whether the console has been out a year, two years, five years, or hasn't even been released yet.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

Well darn now I'm just torn between which console to get this November.  Either get the PS3 while it's actually available (not like what happened with last year's Xbox 360, and the PS2 release) or get the Xbox 360 and wait it out for half a year until the PS3 gets back in stock.  That's what I'm worried about though, I want to avoid being gouged for the PS3.  I know that the 360 will be available around February or March.  Which gives me time to save up for a new TV in the meantime.  

I eventually get all systems but the huge (and tricky) problem is to get a PS3 before its all out and everyone's complaining that none are in stock.  I have a feeling that it's huge price point will deter some of the premium buyers, so hopefully that eases the stock a little bit in time to get to the store.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Aug 17 2006, 04:11 PM) View Post

Well darn now I'm just torn between which console to get this November.  Either get the PS3 while it's actually available (not like what happened with last year's Xbox 360, and the PS2 release) or get the Xbox 360 and wait it out for half a year until the PS3 gets back in stock.  That's what I'm worried about though, I want to avoid being gouged for the PS3.  I know that the 360 will be available around February or March.  Which gives me time to save up for a new TV in the meantime.  

I eventually get all systems but the huge (and tricky) problem is to get a PS3 before its all out and everyone's complaining that none are in stock.  I have a feeling that it's huge price point will deter some of the premium buyers, so hopefully that eases the stock a little bit in time to get to the store.

Why dont u just wait awhile, launch systems are usually faulty anyway.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

because that will mean I have to wait a year to get one, and a year isn't exactly a good number when you combine it with wait.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8