xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Will You Buy A Playstation3?  (Read 2506 times)

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Playstation3?
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Will I buy one? No, and mostly because of the price. I think Sony is getting cocky about their system, counting their chickens before the eggs hatch if you will. The system will cost to much (I bought a X360 w/ HDD, 3 games, and an extra controller for 600 bucks, and thats the cost of Sony's expanded system?) and looking at how 'well' they did with the PSP I'm questioning their ability to pull of a really good system then back it up...

Oh well, we'll see....

Serious Sam

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

I WILL NOT be getting a PS3 at launch. Mainly because of the price and because I haven't seen a working PS3 in action yet. I like to test the system before I make a decision on purchasing it. Buying something because of pure hype is just plain stupid! I fell for that hype with the PS2 and PSP and I wont fall for it again.

I played the first Xbox for months at my buddies place before i decided to get one. Same with the Xbox 360, I played it for about a month or so till i decided to fork out the cash for one. I enjoy my 360 and have nothing bad to say about it or Xbox Live. smile.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Aug 15 2005, 11:03 AM) View Post
I'm going with a PS3 over the X360, I'm a devout Sony fan... Oh well, I'll end up with both.
10 months later...
QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jun 13 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post
Will I buy one? No, and mostly because of the price. I think Sony is getting cocky about their system, counting their chickens before the eggs hatch if you will. The system will cost to much (I bought a X360 w/ HDD, 3 games, and an extra controller for 600 bucks, and thats the cost of Sony's expanded system?) and looking at how 'well' they did with the PSP I'm questioning their ability to pull of a really good system then back it up...

Oh well, we'll see....
When did the tides turn?

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

Yes im going to buy and ill tell you why!!

I have $900 put back for a bundle!! To be honest i wasent going to get a ps3 but these sucky games on 360 is killing me it seems their being rushed or no one is really trying to push the system take a look at OVER-G FIGHTERS AND PERFECT DARK ZERO they both look worse then any xbox 1 game has ever and hell Prey and oblivion look better on my pc. I just don't know when xbox 1 came out it had some nice orignal games 360 is missing that.Right now my PC is my best friend 360 has pissed all over my hopes so far. You can look at my gamer tag and see i have played alot of great games and beat them so this is coming from some one who has played and not just bashing. I hope and prey ps3 has good games if a system has good games then it is always worth the money.The excuse the 360 is new and were not going to see real nexgen to next year and all of that bs is getting old if their not able to make the games look and feel nexgen then the price should still be $49 instead of $60 they claim they needed more money to make these games look better so were is all that beauty im post to be getting for $60 a pop? Just look at some of these games play them and tell me are you really blowed away? Or feel their nexgen these look like run down xbox 1 games.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

don't kid yourself, PS3 will have plenty of games for $60 that will be terrible.  I think you're going to need to put some of that $$ aside to upgrade your computer this winter as well.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

MY pc is fine amd dual core  64 4400 and ati x1900xt's dual crossfire cards and 4gig of corsair ram/ 10'000 rpm rapter hard drive. NOTHING my pc will not run!! Prey looks a hell of alot better on my pc then my 360. Yes your right in the aspect that ps3 will also have shitty games all consoles will have shitty games from time to time. But most of these games that are out look like xbox 1 builds their is a few that look like 360 games but not much.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(kidkinetix @ Aug 1 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

don't kid yourself, PS3 will have plenty of games for $60 that will be terrible.  I think you're going to need to put some of that $$ aside to upgrade your computer this winter as well.

And that will be the budget price! blink.gif

If thats ur reason for justifying spending $900 then do ur thing. I mean if the 360 can't live up to ur expectations, then I just dont see how the ps3 will. Seriously, what aspect of the ps3 makes u feel secure in spending $900? Please tell me cause personally I need an excuse to WANT to buy this (PS3) system again. Currently it has no real AAA (well not if u want to count that resistance game) titles for launch or for the first year for that matter. Theyre mostly 360 ports and they are same graphical quality of 360 games. So I would recommend you stick with ur PC and Keep it running smoothly. Put that money to better use.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 2 2006, 12:21 AM) View Post

And that will be the budget price! blink.gif

If thats ur reason for justifying spending $900 then do ur thing. I mean if the 360 can't live up to ur expectations, then I just dont see how the ps3 will. Seriously, what aspect of the ps3 makes u feel secure in spending $900? Please tell me cause personally I need an excuse to WANT to buy this (PS3) system again. Currently it has no real AAA (well not if u want to count that resistance game) titles for launch or for the first year for that matter. Theyre mostly 360 ports and they are same graphical quality of 360 games. So I would recommend you stick with ur PC and Keep it running smoothly. Put that money to better use.

No i know 360 and ps3 are neck and neck i know that..What im saying is i want to see better games then these things they charge us $60 for and all we are buying is a sorry ass game that some dev is practicing on. Like i said im a gamer pc and console gamer i want to see some good games. 360 is a great system its not the system's fault i don't feel like the devs are really trying their best.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(lex_luther23 @ Aug 2 2006, 11:00 AM) View Post

No i know 360 and ps3 are neck and neck i know that..What im saying is i want to see better games then these things they charge us $60 for and all we are buying is a sorry ass game that some dev is practicing on. Like i said im a gamer pc and console gamer i want to see some good games. 360 is a great system its not the system's fault i don't feel like the devs are really trying their best.

I know what your saying, but what im saying is with the ps3 ur getting the same shit for more money! Same graphics, ports (same games) and very few exclusives that doesn't look anything worth more than a 360 game. Did I mention your going to be paying more for the same stuff? You think the devs aren't "practicing" on the ps3 right now? Its is the same as the 360 was last year. Think about it...and remember your not gonna pay ANYTHING less than $60. Atleast the 360 has budget titles for $40.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 2 2006, 08:45 AM) View Post

I know what your saying, but what im saying is with the ps3 ur getting the same shit for more money! Same graphics, ports (same games) and very few exclusives that doesn't look anything worth more than a 360 game. Did I mention your going to be paying more for the same stuff? You think the devs aren't "practicing" on the ps3 right now? Its is the same as the 360 was last year. Think about it...and remember your not gonna pay ANYTHING less than $60. Atleast the 360 has budget titles for $40.

I understand that point as well less then 3 months till the system comes out lets see what exclusives it has..I don't faver one console over the other i simply want some top noch games. I know 360 is not the issue its the devs not putting to much effort in to the games i also know that most of these games for 360 was pst to be on xbox 1 and to make them launch titles they put a little shine on them and call them 360 games. I simple want to sample it all. 360 is going to have games ps3 won't and ps3 is going to have games 360 won't.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

Understood. I know how u feel though cause i review games and new technology for my country's top newspaper and it pains me sometimes when i have to play certain games that are essentially the same review I did a few months ago for the xbox. Im an optimistic guy though cause I wasn't immediately blown away by the xbox either. I will be getting a wii, I also planned to own all three but sony crushed my plans cause I cant afford all three, I can only afford two.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 3 2006, 08:26 AM) View Post

Understood. I know how u feel though cause i review games and new technology for my country's top newspaper and it pains me sometimes when i have to play certain games that are essentially the same review I did a few months ago for the xbox. Im an optimistic guy though cause I wasn't immediately blown away by the xbox either. I will be getting a wii, I also planned to own all three but sony crushed my plans cause I cant afford all three, I can only afford two.

Like i said i got the money put back but after what you told me and what i been reading latly i may not get one when sony shows their launch titles that will make up my mind if its the same stuff thats own 360 hell no they will keep it.

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

LOL if this goes as bad as people are saying and from what i read sony can thank their self for killing their own console.

Sc4rfac3

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

i was at first but now i dont think i will because of the price and no games i want at launch
and i'm happy with my 360. maybe i'll get one when mgs4 comes out

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

The only (and i mean ONLY) reason i would  get a ps3 is to sell it on ebay and make a profit. I've always had a big problem with the Playstation/2/3 because the lack of good games. Nothing that Sony has catches my eye. MS has a lot of awesome titles for the 360 and for the xbox 1. Saying that they didn't just means that either you're a ps3fanboy or that you didn't get the right games.

(It might be me, but it seems that lexluther23 is new to these forums. Otherwise he would have a different opinion about the ps3.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8