xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chaos Theory Question (throwing Off Ledges)  (Read 239 times)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Chaos Theory Question (throwing Off Ledges)
« on: July 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

Hey, thanks for reading my question. Ok, I think this even merits a little aggrivation. I payed for the game but it was not new and did not come with an instruction manual. This game has a couple of f'd up features if you don't have an instruction manual. At first when I picked up an object I couldn't throw the object or even get a reticle until I figured out much later you have to press x after even picking up the object. Now, there is an even more screwed up piece of bs like this to figure out. That is, how the #@(& do you throw people over ledges that you're hanging off of, like in the lighthouse demonstration you see on loading screens and in the demo movies? In fact, I'm at that very same f%^&#!* lighthouse right now, hanging over the side just like in the movie.  Howfuckingever, when the guy crosses my path I don't get a dialogue to press a to throw him over the side, nor when I press a anyway, does the option appear and then throw him over the side. Pardon the hostility in the mood of this message, but blood pressure is about to cause my body to implode due to frustration with this unnecessary complication in the maneuver, and would somebody kindly overlook this hostility and tell me how to do this?

pookiepoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

have u tried using the triggers

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

i think its the white or black button.. at least thats what it is in multiplayer.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jul 16 2005, 02:18 PM)
i think its the white or black button.. at least thats what it is in multiplayer.

Yeah, in a way you're exactly right. It was something stupid, and makes the game ever-so-slightly less cool. You had to whistle to get the guy close enough to the edge so the option appears, then press a. The guys simply do not come close enough to the edges to get thrown off, even though I haven't seen any note of this in the training or loading videos. That's misleading, making it look like you can be suave and simply yank passing guards over the edge without warning. It's still really cool, but that takes it down a notch.

MWTBDLTR

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »

All i have to do is wait for him to walk by, then it will say *grab OCP*, i hit a, and AHHHHHHHHH........ Splat.  Sorry if that frustrated you more but i dont kno what to tell you

thriftyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

um... is the guy that your trying to pull over stopped or is he moving?

xbill

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Jul 16 2005, 12:04 PM) View Post

Hey, thanks for reading my question. Ok, I think this even merits a little aggrivation. I payed for the game but it was not new and did not come with an instruction manual.   blah blah blah ....

Dude,  you got a lot of nerve posting crap like this.  

First: Did you even try a Google search?  
http://www.replaceme...d.php?view.4203

Second: Did you bother to watch the training videos included in the game?   No, you didn't.

The Cool Moves video shows the railing toss and the attack-from-below toss.

Next time, do a little research on your own instead of coming here and bitching and moaning about how your lazy ass can't figure out the game.

SCDoubleAgent#1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

In some places, you CANNOT pull anyone over the rail. Only the game inserted specific locations where you hang off the rail and it says "grab character". Sometimes you need to shimmy a little right or left to see IF the option appears on your HUD.