xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Umds? And Stuff?  (Read 410 times)

PrAiS3D

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

Okay if i want to start hacking the game RS3:BA, What tools do i download so i can edit the files and stuff? i need help the Black arrow post is not really smooth in the begining.

FSG

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:00 AM »

All you need is a hex editor lol.

Search, HexWorkshop  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by FSG: Apr 22 2006, 07:33 AM

PrAiS3D

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Yo /\/\/ i installed it, what do i do now?

BrokenArrow

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(PrAiS3D @ Apr 22 2006, 03:47 PM) *

Yo /\/\/ i installed it, what do i do now?

If you are that dependable on us, that does not showcase much intelligence, but that is not the point. The point is  we don't want to answer every question you have. People need to be more self-efficent that way they not only don't bug people but learn from the whole process as well. I suggest just trying yourself first, then if you have any problems let us know.

This post has been edited by BrokenArrow: Apr 22 2006, 10:12 PM

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

No need to insult someones intelligence when you don't know who your dealing with.  Could be an 11 year old kid.  You never know.

While I may not agree with how things were said, I do agree with the sentiment.  Although we should all be here to learn AND help, no one wants to hold your hand through everything.  And that applys to all things on the site, not just this forum.  Look through whats already posted, see what you can accomplish, then if you have a specific question on something, ask.  I'm sure then, you'll get more help.

Although I know very little how to mod this game, there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum.  Worse comes to worse, there are pinned topics to get you started.  This forum is also only 10 pages long.  Seems like a lot to dig through, but not really in comparison to some other forums.

Again, try it out for yourself, then ask more specific questions.  Goodluck.

FSG

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

Very well said Mr. Couldnt had said it better myself.  biggrin.gif

Well go read the pinned topic they have tutorials for editing the UMD.

BrokenArrow

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrjkwik @ Apr 22 2006, 10:27 PM) View Post

No need to insult someones intelligence when you don't know who your dealing with.  Could be an 11 year old kid.  You never know.

While I may not agree with how things were said, I do agree with the sentiment.  Although we should all be here to learn AND help, no one wants to hold your hand through everything.  And that applys to all things on the site, not just this forum.  Look through whats already posted, see what you can accomplish, then if you have a specific question on something, ask.  I'm sure then, you'll get more help.

Although I know very little how to mod this game, there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum.  Worse comes to worse, there are pinned topics to get you started.  This forum is also only 10 pages long.  Seems like a lot to dig through, but not really in comparison to some other forums.

Again, try it out for yourself, then ask more specific questions.  Goodluck.

I apoligize if anyone toke it in the sense of an insult and that is not what I was aiming for... just to clear the air. I was hoping/pushing for more of a motivational kind of speech. But then again I'm not very good at them ;(. It can be frustrating for all when people are moving in baby steps but I wish you the best and luck and like mrjkwik said do some research, try some stuff out yourself and come to us again when you have a more specific question ((would be much appreciated)).

PrAiS3D

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Yeah the only really thing i need was too know how to mod my xbox!

FSG

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

There are so many tutorials for it. Search google or search here. I told you that on aim.

xbill

• Archived User
Umds? And Stuff?
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(PrAiS3D @ Apr 22 2006, 06:43 AM) View Post

Okay if i want to start hacking the game RS3:BA, What tools do i download so i can edit the files and stuff? i need help the Black arrow post is not really smooth in the begining.
You could practice your hex editing skills whilst hacking R63,R63:BA, but if you have a modded Xbox, you're better off extracting the files and working with them directly.  Some files you will still want to hex edit, but many are just text.  Plus, for text files you no longer need to worry about changing the size.  

You will need to have your Xbox configured to play R63/BA from the hard drive to use the extracted files.