xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Big Problem In The Hex Editor  (Read 381 times)

snorida44x

• Archived User
Big Problem In The Hex Editor
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

Big Problem

"m_retColor=(R=131,G=0,B=0,A=255)"  

whenever i try to edit that in my hex editor theres a problem, now let me explain  

in the hacking tuturiol for the "aimbot part" it says to change this line "m_retColor=(R=131,G=0,B=0,A=255)"

i'm supposed to change it to m_retColor=(R=0,G=0,B=255,A=150)

But, whenever i try to change "R=131" to "R=0" there will be 2 spaces that you can't delete.

It looks like this "R=0.." When it should look like this "R=0"  

How do i fix this?

Also when i try to edit the "B=0" to "B=255" as i start typing in "255" then the programs deletes the number or letter ahead of it. Because the number "255" is bigger than the number "0" and there's not enough space and as i type "255" it starts to delete this line right next to it, "A=255"

Lets say when i'm done typing "B=255" the line looks like this "B=255=255" when it's supposed to look like this "B=255, A=150" because it's erasing the numbers or letters ahead or in front of it.

How do i fix this? and how do i make it so it doesn't delete the numbers or letters ahead of it?

FSG

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

You are going to need to remove the bytes.. I beleive. Im not sure. Or just make it 000 I dunno if itll work

snorida44x

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(FSG @ Apr 20 2006, 03:55 PM) *

You are going to need to remove the bytes.. I beleive. Im not sure. Or just make it 000 I dunno if itll work

well nvm about the first post i made,

now there's a new problem

i had to press "insert" to edit the text that i wanted to without it deleting the number or letter ahead of it,

so i used that, and when i edit it, the line looks like this "B=225." when it's supposed to look like "B=225"

without that space after the number. So it's putting a space after the number whenever i edit it.

how do i fix this?

evildoor

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

If you insterted anyting into your umd, you need a fresh one from your game disc. And to answer your other quetion about the reticule colors, to " fill in" empty spaces on the hex side put in 0D0A.....

snorida44x

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(evildoor @ Apr 20 2006, 05:49 PM) View Post

If you insterted anyting into your umd, you need a fresh one from your game disc. And to answer your other quetion about the reticule colors, to " fill in" empty spaces on the hex side put in 0D0A.....

can i use this "aimbot" hacked xboxdymanic.umd file on xbox live without getting banned?

evildoor

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

You will not even be able to get it on live. So NO

snorida44x

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

nvm some1 else already told me that the only way i can get banned is if other people see me doing it and report it  

but my question is once i edited the xboxdynamic.umd do i replace it with the orginal xboxdynamic.umd on my xbox?

and how do i get it so that everytime i launch rainbow six 3 it has the edited xboxdynamic.umd in it?  

evildoor

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

XBOX-SCENE DOES NOT ENDORSE NOR WILL HELP YOU CHEAT ON LIVE!

snorida44x

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

"but my question is once i edited the xboxdynamic.umd do i replace it with the orginal xboxdynamic.umd on my xbox?

and how do i get it so that everytime i launch rainbow six 3 it has the edited xboxdynamic.umd in it?"

this is not asking you to help me cheat on live i was just curious if you can use it on live,

i would appreciate it if u could answer my other question that i asked

snorida44x

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

and also ever since i put the newly edited xboxdynamic.umd in my xbox and tried to launch rainbow six 3 it freezes while it's loading up.

what can i do to fix this?

BrokenArrow

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

Am I the only one who noticed he is trying to change the reticule color, an unnesessary part in the aim-bot process...

Anyway snorida44x what the hex editor is doing is overwriting which is what you want to do. So this is not a problem and is normal. To fix this "problem" just after you change R=131 to R=0 continue writing after it so then basically after R=0 start typing in ,G=0,B=255,A=150) if you did this correctly it should match up the length of what is was before (21 letters) so you don't even need to worry about null values to keep the same file size for the umd (which is probably why it is freezing when loading because it is no longer the same size, just try doing what I said).

Complicated enough though, you should just use xbill's umd extractor and you could edit the tag in notepad with n problem.

This post has been edited by BrokenArrow: Apr 21 2006, 06:49 AM

evildoor

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

I recommend a green ret (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Falcon36

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

why are you guys using a hex editor to do this all you need to do is this open the umd file in wordpad or notebook [oops didn't read above smile.gif]. Also the easiest way to hack this game is backup original umd file [always keep a backup of the original umd file]
then you can edit the umd file and test the settings by overwriting the new editted umd file over the old one.

I guess i could always get back into hacking Rainbow Six wink.gif

FSG

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Falcon36 @ Apr 24 2006, 06:55 PM) View Post

why are you guys using a hex editor to do this all you need to do is this open the umd file in wordpad or notebook [oops didn't read above smile.gif]. Also the easiest way to hack this game is backup original umd file [always keep a backup of the original umd file]
then you can edit the umd file and test the settings by overwriting the new editted umd file over the old one.

I guess i could always get back into hacking Rainbow Six wink.gif

Opening in notpad doesnt always work it changes 00 to 20 (I believe thats it). Why wouldnt you open it in hex its just as easy.

evildoor

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 05:22:00 AM »

People here are only modding the dynamic not the file because they do no have the files extracted. They also are'nt using them on live (for the extracted files).

Notepad changes the size of the file i believe, so it screws up the file structure in the header and thus an error. It also does somthing like FSG said from changing blank values into spaces.

This post has been edited by evildoor: Apr 25 2006, 12:22 PM