xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "carnival" And "garage" Maps Are Damaged  (Read 102 times)

KAC

• Archived User
"carnival" And "garage" Maps Are Damaged
« on: February 05, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

When you first start up RB6, do you get the error message "The "Garage" and "Carnival" maps are damaged"?

I don't know if this has been a problem for anyone else but I thought I'd post how I fixed mine in case it was.

All you have to do to fix this is simply go to folder: E\TDATA\55530013\$c. In there you will have two folders, one folder name ending with "001" (which contains the data files for the Garage map) and the other folder name ending with "002" (which contains the data files for the Carnival map). If you look inside each of these folder you'll see two folders titled "Maps" and "System" along with three other files. Simply delete those other files leaving only the two "System" and "Maps" folders in each "001" and "002" folders along with their contents.

I forgot the names of those 3 files that were there. I believe it was contextmeta.xbx, an INI file, and one more.  The bottom line is, you only need the Maps and System folders.

I hope this helps someone else too cuz even though the games and new maps still workied fine with the error, it was very annoying.