xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Project Gotham Racing 2 (booster Packs) Installer  (Read 172 times)

gehx

• Archived User
Project Gotham Racing 2 (booster Packs) Installer
« on: May 31, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

Does anyone have any experience w/ this?  I just downloaded it and ran it.  The info says it copies the update to /e/TDATA/4d53004b/$C/4947002400UPDATE/, but for me it copied it to /E/TDATA/4d53004b/$C/4d53004b00UPDATE/.  From there I'm suppose to move all the files to the /e/TDATA/4d53004b/$u/ DIR for the update to function properly.   And then I can install the booster packs.

I am using a NTSC version.
Anyone else have this problem?
What am I missing?

AwS16v

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

yes, I understand what you are saying, I have the same problem here, I have no $u folder in e/Tdata and creating one and copying the content from $C wont work either..

I dont know if this installer works, I tried pretty much everything i can think of, we are being mislead or the info is not correct, or we are not good at hacking  uhh.gif

I have given up on this method and gone the way of transfering files straight to the pgr folder.

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(AwS16v @ Jun 14 2005, 08:52 PM)
yes, I understand what you are saying, I have the same problem here, I have no $u folder in e/Tdata and creating one and copying the content from $C wont work either..

AwS16v

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

Yes, it does work, kind of  laugh.gif   By moving files from the packs into pgr2 on your hd and modifing some of the ini's. I have all paris and long beach cars working, all long beach tracks working(only with weather set to sun.Rain,cloud and night cause a dirty disc error> blink.gif ) and paris tracks selectable but crash with a spectacular 'pink-sky' texture lock up..

I used the info from a thread on here, it was a sticky but i dont see it anymore ?? mainly by sniperkilla and dos4gw, credit to those guys for that  beerchug.gif just read that thread and follow what they did.All the files you need are in the content you downloaded with the installer.

Dont forget to clear your cache after uploading files/ini's (x,y and z). Hope this helps..

pcrat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

so wheres the installer?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »

Not here.