xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duke Ellington Sheet Music  (Read 164 times)

Modchip-Man

• Archived User
Duke Ellington Sheet Music
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

Hey all!

I'm doing an english project and i am looking for sheet music for duke ellington's songs. i already have: dont sit under the apple tree, ain't misbehaven and take five. I only need two more sheets, so if anybody would be willing to help me out a little bit it would be greatly appreciated!

Peace,

M-M pop.gif  beerchug.gif

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

What are exactly you looking for?

I would suggest finding what's called a 'real' or 'fake' book. If you don't know what that is, you should talk to someone who teaches jazz and they will point you towards one.

In the average real book there would probably be at least 10 charts for Ellington written tunes. <

jrock444

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Modchip-Man @ Mar 29 2005, 03:50 PM)
Hey all!

dont sit under the apple tree, ain't misbehaven and take five.
M-M pop.gif  beerchug.gif

umm, sorry bud, but none of those tunes are by Duke.  ain't misbehavin is by fats waller, take five is by dave brubeck, and don't sit is by somebody i cant remember at the moment (glenn miller added lyrics).  Now, it's quite possible Duke re-recorded those, but he didn't compose them.....don't know if that matters for your report.  As far as sheet music, if you have access to a public library they usually have a ton of sheet music from this period OR you can find MIDI files on the net of his tunes and open them up in a free midi reader (score writer 2.6) and print out the piano track.  

some of dukes most famous are "take the A train", and "It don't mean a thing"....check his official website for a complete list of his songs.  Hope this helps!   beerchug.gif