xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Former Pantera Guitarist Dimebag Darrell Dead  (Read 367 times)

DooDahMan

• Archived User
Former Pantera Guitarist Dimebag Darrell Dead
« on: December 08, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983795/detail.html

At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 1:13 am EST December 9, 2004
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, television station WCMH reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, the station reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, according to police.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man apparently ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. At first, some members of the audience may have thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, WCMH reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. A bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed, according to witnesses. It was unclear who shot the alleged gunman.

Of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition, the station reported. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Chicago on Friday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING DAY SINCE APRIL 5th 1994
sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

true legends.. KILLED

reports say vinnie paul is dead too sad.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »

wtf?!?! thats crazy...

i saw them back in 97... great show... got my vulgar display cd signed by them all on their pics in the liner notes...

that sucks... dry.gif

baturkin17

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

this sucks real bad.

im speachless.

sad.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

Dude, Dimebag, you rocked me at Ozzfest. Thanks for all the rocking, I am truly saddened by this news. Im just speechless.

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

I still cant believe it.. sad.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

This is some horrible news. I just saw it on TV. Dimebag was one of my idols in my guitar playing, and he was just an incredibly nice guy too. I'm gonna have to go play along to Pantera's "Cemetary Gates" now.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

sad.gif  my friend told me when i woke up, i thought he was messing around sad.gif till i got onto metalhammer website and it was all over it. i was listening to damageplan's album last night, and thought to myself, 'damn i cant wait for a new album!'. this is just really fucking bad news. rip darrell \m/

i wish they didnt kill the gunman, because upon release of prison he would have a terrible death brought upon him by angry metal fans, as the marine in Halo1 say 'Come back alive so i can kill you again!'.

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

Scoop of the Columbus, Ohio radio station The Blitz 99.7 FM has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul was uninjured in the shooting incident at a Columbus nightclub which resulted in the death of Paul's brother, Dimebag Darrell. According to Scoop, who attended the concert and briefly saw Vinnie following the incident, Paul was in a complete state of shock and expressed his desire to be with his brother right after the shooting occurred.

A friend of Scoop's, Kevin Minerd, who also attended the concert, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the gunman entered the stage from the left side and walked over to the right side where Dimebag was standing before grabbing the guitarist and pumping several bullets into him. Additional shots were fired, although it's presently unclear which other member of DAMAGEPLAN, if any, was killed in the incident.

"A Columbus police officer, when he arrived, engaged the shooter, and the shooter is also dead, and if the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting," Sergeant Brent Mull, public information officer, told MTV News.

"We have 200-plus patrons that we have sequestered inside three city buses," Sergeant Mull explained. "We are interviewing them one by one. The ones that were inside and witnessed this, ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them."

As news of Dimebag's (born Darrell Lance Abbott in Dallas, Texas on August 20, 1966) bizarre and tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

"I'm speechless," friend and ROB ZOMBIE/OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson told MTV. "This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a fucking legend and this is total bullshit."

"This is insane and this is beyond travesty," KILLSWITCH ENGAGE frontman, and former DAMAGEPLAN tour partner, Howard Jones said. "This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

This post has been edited by VampX: Dec 9 2004, 08:42 PM

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

*mental note* don't play shows in ohio since apparently any jackass can walk in with a gun.

Sad news, nice guy and one hell of a shredder.

810fr34k

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

This is BULLS**T.... Why would you kill the Greatest Guitarist in the World?!!! The Worst Day of the Year. :(

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

the gunman told dimebag "u are the reason pantera broke up" and then shot him. from what ive heard vinnie paul is not dead. the police officer came in the club from the back and shot the gunman.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »

i still cant beleive it happened  sad.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (ravage73 @ Dec 10 2004, 12:26 AM)
the gunman told dimebag "u are the reason pantera broke up" and then shot him. from what ive heard vinnie paul is not dead. the police officer came in the club from the back and shot the gunman.

BAH WHY WOULD HE KILL DIMEBAG FOR IT THO.. PHIL IS THE REASON PANTERA BROKE UP

UGHDFjlasdfghwerjlierilghjadfijbiadjbadfbnidjnildgnja

I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE THIS

to DIE is one thing.. but this.... UGH

thankfully vinnie was unharmed

prlr99

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

Sad day any musician is lost,this person stole him from generations behind us his family,friends.Its odd that it was twenty four years to the day another legend was taken away.
Pages: [1] 2