xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bass Blues And Jazz Tabs  (Read 582 times)

jackster

• Archived User
Bass Blues And Jazz Tabs
« on: July 01, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »

Ive been playing bass for over a year now, mainly just going on mxtabs.net and getting any random tabs, mainly punk rock and flea. But punk rock is very easy to play and Im getting tired of it. What I really want to learn is classic blues and jazz tabs, stuff like 1940's and just classic double bass songs. Mike Dirnt from Green Day will every so often when playing live start playing the typical type of classic blues riff that I want to learn, my problem is Mxtabs.net doesn't really supply these types of tab unless I look for indivdual artisits.

Does anyone know where I can find some classic blues and jazz tabs?
Keep in mind that I cant read sheet music, and I do know some typical 12-bar blues and stuff.

And example of what I've learnt.

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------5-5-----5-5-----5-5-----5-5-----5-5-----5--3--0----------------------------

little solo
-----------------------------------------------------------------9------12----------
----------------------------------------------10---12-------------------------------
----------------------------10-----12-----------------------------------------------
----3\10-----11---12----------------------------------------------------------------

----9h12p9----------------9---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------12--------------12------10-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------12--10-----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------12---11---10-----
                                                             \/  slide to about 3
-----------------------------12--------12/------------------------------------------
-----------------------------12--------12/------------------------------------------
-------------------10-------10--------10/-------------------------------------------
--11---12---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know a good website?  <

deathx88

• Archived User
Bass Blues And Jazz Tabs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

smile.gif

im going to print what you wrote and try it out  cool.gif
keep up the good work though  beerchug.gif

jackster

• Archived User
Bass Blues And Jazz Tabs
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

YEah, sorry I didn't realise that, I just copied of mxtabs.net. I had to turn it upside down when I learnt it as well. I found that on a lot of tab sites you can go to miscellenous tabs. There you can find a lot of 12-bar blues and stuff, so Ive been looking there, but still know luck on a website. OH Well.  <

Colonel32

• Archived User
Bass Blues And Jazz Tabs
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

Honestly man, I would just bite the bullet and learn to read notation. Then you could just grab things called "real" or "fake" books in PDF format.  Its full of one page charts and is the most useful thing a musician could have.  good luck  :beer:   <