xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hce Help  (Read 131 times)

jrtmx

• Archived User
Hce Help
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

I am having a similar problem, I have used HCE v0.7 before without any problems. But, when I try and use it now it goes straight to the game start menu and there is no way to exit it. So I load up Halo, load a map and play on it for a few seconds, exit, start HCE, and the game start menu pops up immediately leaving me with no option but to run halo again. Whats the problem?! The only reason I can think of is that there is no map loaded in the cache, but there most definitely should be.

wwwyzzerdd

• Archived User
Hce Help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 01:54:00 AM »

im trying to get hce 0.7 to work, ive download hce 0.6 since, and it works perfectly fine, i dont get why hce 0.7 wont load

xbill

• Archived User
Hce Help
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

I know this is really old, but I recently got a little nostalgic for Halo and started playing around with it again.

I downloaded HCE 0.7 and had similar troubles getting it to start.  I figured out what the problem was.

Make sure that you edit config.ini and that it contains the entries for BOTH NTSC and PAL in the [Halo] section.

Something like this:

[HCE]
Region = NTSC
Skin = original
AutoSave = true

[Halo]
PAL = D:\default.xbe
NTSC = F:\games\halo\default.xbe

If you don't have both, it will not work right.

xbill

• Archived User
Hce Help
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

If you start HCE and it immediately prompts you for which version (PAL, or NTSC) of Halo to run, then it's confused about Halo's cache.  I've had this happen after playing Halo, then playing Halo 2, then going back to Halo.  

Try clearing the cache drives (x,y, and z) completely.  Start Halo and start a level.  Reboot.  Run HCE and it should work fine.