xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Halo System Link With Only One Xbox Modded  (Read 129 times)

Hoppy

• Archived User
Playing Halo System Link With Only One Xbox Modded
« on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

Everyone would have to be running the same modded files on their xbox's as well in order to play together.  You won't mess up their systems, they just won't be able to play the same level or whatever you modded.  You can still play unmodded together though.

jstoeffler

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

ok thanks for clearing that up for me

ph3inator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

well, it was my understanding that all the maps are loaded from the host xbox. because when I play system link with my friend across the street, we have to use my xbox because my copy is on the hardrive and his is on the original disc, so when he hosts games, since he has a thompson, it takes forever to load. when we use mine, its about 3-4 seconds, with his, its about a minute, so I think the maps are loaded off the host xbox. so I think everyone will be able to play with the mods as long as the modded xbox is hosting.

L0rdBalthazar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

No, the maps are loaded by each console from their selves. If you have a modded map with it's own name (like mymap.map) and have it added to the mainmenu.map, noone will be able to play it unless they have that same mymap.map on their xbox. You can, however, name your modded map as one of the current ones like ascension.map or lockout.map and have SOME of the mods loaded on the joiners xbox. Weapon mods [not visual effects], physics, and a few others. Things like new skins won't be shown, nor will sounds. And by visual effects I mean if you change the contrail or the explosion, it won't be seen by the other person.
Now mods like flying warthogs. They can see it, then can ride in it in the turret and the passenger seat. however, if they sit in the drivers seat, they can only drive it because their game doesn't know to give it banshee physics.

spagnot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(jstoeffler @ Oct 29 2006, 08:42 AM) View Post

here's the situation:
i have one xbox that is modded and has halo mods on it
i have two others on system link that are not modded at all

if i play system link together is there any chance that the modded map file could get stuck in the unmodded xbox's cache? cuz i dont want to screw up other people's xboxs

thanks

does anyone know of any halo2 mods that can work through system link with a non modded xbox with a modded one?
i want to be able to show people mods even when they dont have a modded xbox but i do.