xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gamecube Hacked!  (Read 2012 times)

Keito-Kun

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2003, 06:07:00 AM »

Too bad that I haven't got PSO, I want to run some code!

moxieman1

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

where is everyone getting bba's?

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

Im so confused. Let me try and get this straight. People somehow ripped gamecube disks and turned them into exes that can be sent via developers cable and ethernet cable to an xbox running PSO and it only works with two games so far. Is that right?

skabio

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

No the iso ripps are in a .GCM form.  Which I guess is the gamecube rom name.  I dont know if this has been posted yet but the best link for all this info is here:

http://www.consolepa...s=&threadid=574

It has the program needed to stream the iso's and an explanation on how to do it.  That is assuming you have all the fixins including the iso images. Ahhem supernova.

SNICK!

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

i know this is a bit off topic but are the pal gcs able to play ntsc games and visa versa?

cheerz

cONEction

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gmc @ Oct 17 2003, 01:14 AM)
Saw all this and I thought I'd download a GCN ISO and see if it worked. And yes it does.
I'm currently playing the Japanese version of Nintendo Puzzle Challenge on my PAL 'Cube, and this games addictive as hell.

Anyway, its still a pain in the ass, cause you always have to have your 'Cube hooked up to a LAN/Computer, but heck it works, and its only a matter of time til they iron the freeze-loading bug out...

sounds cool,
can you tell us more?

what about the loadtime?how long does it take before the game is started, and fps drops en hangings? is it playing just like your playing it from the disk?
im gonna buy pso and a bba monday, have downloaded 8 isos, so ill see if they work smile.gif en will post more about this!

cONEction

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2003, 05:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Oct 16 2003, 03:22 AM)
Im so confused. Let me try and get this straight. People somehow ripped gamecube disks and turned them into exes that can be sent via developers cable and ethernet cable to an xbox running PSO and it only works with two games so far. Is that right?

an xbox running PSO? this thread is about the gamecube  biggrin.gif

and its working with all the starcube releases so far, some guy said the RARE releases didnt work  mad.gif

BombProofPlane

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2003, 12:01:00 AM »

someone should port this to xbox so you don't have to have your gcn connected to your pc

instead you connect your gcn and xbox via crossover cable together and now you can play anywhere

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (BombProofPlane @ Oct 19 2003, 04:01 AM)
someone should port this to xbox so you don't have to have your gcn connected to your pc

instead you connect your gcn and xbox via crossover cable together and now you can play anywhere

Yikes... that just seems.... blasphemous.  blink.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

So how difficult is it to rip games? (can people do it themselves or is it gonna be some guy hording all his technology in his basement releasing games to the public kinda thing)

keyleron

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »

funny how Nintendo corp just posted it's first loss in profits since the company was formed, yet this other guy continues to say they're making loads of cash....

KKNDhawk

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (orko007 @ Oct 21 2003, 01:25 AM)
ok so maybe i this has been answered and i didn't see it but couldn't they do something with the panasonic Q since it reads full size discs?

I thought the Panasonic-Q, has two readers(trays).  One is for the gamecube, on the top, and the other is in the middle, the DVD player.  I believe that's how it works.

keyleron:
...not this again...

BombProofPlane

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

no it has 1 dvd rom

and no it doesn't matter what size siscs they are they need barcodes on the underside or they won't be read

brandogg

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

Actually there is different hardware used for playing DVDs and Gamcube games in the Q. It can read DVD-R movies, but can't even read DVD-R GCN games.

katz

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Sep 28 2003, 12:45 PM)
Face it, they're both second fiddle to $ony...what else is there to say?

SONY suck.

Otherwise, on a more serious note, coveblue thanx heaps for that, its pointed me in the right direction.

anyoneelse who here has been able to get some games running on their cube's?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]