xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Gamecube Hacked!  (Read 2009 times)

Mechazilla

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« on: September 24, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

:lol:

QUOTE (GCDEMOS.com @  Sept. 24, 2003)

I have decided that it would be best to announce what GCDemos has been working on for the past weeks. We have been fairly tight lipped about our project now known as “GCD”. I felt it was time to let you all know what GCD is…
When the Gamecube came out I remember being very interested in it. I was then known as “Deadpetremover” on the PS2Ownz forums. Since then I have learnt as much as possible from the members of the Gamecube community as I could. When I got my cube I have had the urge to hack it. A few months ago now I started up GCDemos with Gazlon with the aim of making our own tools and demos for the Gamecube when it seemed like all that would be possible was dev. However, since then I have gained many contacts and friends throughout the Gamecube and PS2 scenes. I put together a team of great coders and people with knowledge of the Gamecube and got help from many. I have brought together all this knowledge and with some of the coders from the site here began work on GCD.

GCD is a set of two programs for Gamecube to be run over PSUL or PSOLoad. The first runs and allows the user to put a disc into their Gamecube and extract and ISO image to their PC. The second which is still in early development stages will run and allow these ISOs to be played. I know that this defies the point of the site and will make me unpopular in the Dev scene but I felt that it was the next logical step.

I have decided to release this info coinciding with the release of information regarding a Gamecube chip developed by a good friend of mine. I must admit these are still rumors, but I’m confident that they will prove to be true! It is said to be an 11-wire Modchip, however, it will need an external add-on to run DVD-R. Our software will function as a No-Mod way of doing this without the add-ons. However, I still fully support the chip developers. I will be receiving a sample soon and will publish a review on here!

On a side note friends from PS2Ownz again have put together a forum for us so you can all discuss GCD and other Gamecube scene developments.

We will of course still function as a dev site with many new programs being added to our release schedule daily. If you would like to submit a demo to us please feel free to post it on the forums or email it to me at [email protected] ! Or if you would like to help on GCD please feel free to drop by #gcdemos on EFnet...

I hope to speak to you all soon with some screens and maybe some updates of progress,

The One

Thanks goes to PS2Ownz Team, Gamecube Hacker Team, our own coders here at GCDemos and individuals in the Gamecube scene that have the same ideals as me!

Awesome work.

This post has been edited by Mechazilla: Sep 24 2003, 09:17 PM

gamemaster14

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »

It had to happen at some point. I am happy to see this is dont. It only proves that no console in unhackable. Some are just harder then others.

myst1x

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »

:Do a happy dance for the hacked cube:

i hope that that 11 wire chip is a reality...

Megadeth

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »

Can't wait to see whats gonna be coming out because of this. This is good news for my gamecube.

Odb718

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

Right in time for the $99 price drop!
I've seen similar posts. I'll believe it when I see it.

shank69xo

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  I cant wait to see if this is true or not. The only system of mine without some king of hack done to it. beerchug.gif  to the guys working on this.

Keito-Kun

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
Too bad that I haven't got PSO, so I could try the homebrew stuff...
But I'll go for the modchip, if it's true. wink.gif

Ace25

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

Well, it would be nice if it is true... I have seen all to many of these types of stories with hacking every console.. Not that I don't think it can't be done, surely it can.. but as of now this will be going in the "Rumour Pile" with the other 5 or 6 GameCube HACKED! Announcements I have read since June.

One thing that stikes me as odd about this statement is this:
I must admit these are still rumors, but I’m confident that they will prove to be true! It is said to be an 11-wire Modchip, however, it will need an external add-on to run DVD-R.

Ok, one, still rumours, two, why would you need an add-on to run DVD-R unless he is referring to the full size DVD-Rs? We all know there are already the mini DVD-Rs that will fit the GC images fine. Why would we need or want to have an extra full size DVD-Rom attached to the cube also? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Mechazilla

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

he is obviously referring to FULL SIVE DVDRs (DVD4/DVD5/DVD9).

Guyver-X

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »

unsure.gif

plehem12

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Guyver-X @ Sep 26 2003, 03:16 PM)
I dunno if id get my GC modded it just doesnt feel right.  unsure.gif

Aw come on, don't you wanna be cool? Just try it once, you'll like it. It makes you feel good.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

but there is still no way to play the games that have been copied.  it was long ago when you could extract the games and copy them, but it's still just theory that you can run the disks with proper hardware

ADAWG69

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

ya no one has figured out a way to backup the GC games to work on the GC. And a normal DVD player can't read the original discs because they are optical or something like that. Either way, I am almost positve that in order for this to work you will need to add on a dvd player of some sort.

sulfur

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

wow! gamecube is good to play. can't wait...

poiygon

• Archived User
Gamecube Hacked!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »

Gawd. What good will backups do? Just keep good care of your discs. Anyway, the only good thing that will come from this modchip is more interest in GC dev.  Oh well, I guess piracy will never cease.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5