xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Red Eye + Four Brothers Review  (Read 215 times)

sulfur

• Archived User
Red Eye + Four Brothers Review
« on: August 12, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

This week I had the option of seeing either The Skeleton Key or Red Eye on tuesday. Wednesday i had the option of seeing either Four Brothers or Grizzy Man.

So on tuesday i saw Red Eye, and well Wes Craven didn't disapoint me too much. It was alot better than Cursed. Although Red Eye is only rated PG13. Red Eye has a lot of "cool" scenes but the overall story sucks, the story relies to much on the main character. Its as they came up with 5 or 6 really cool ideas and just came up a with a story around that. Overall don't pay all $$ to see it in theater go rent it.

+
Good actors
good ideas

-
bad story
PG13

=
Worth a rent

On wednesday i saw Four Brothers. Wow! this movie was awesome, defiantly a guy movie. It has everything, car chase, killing, stealing, killing, guns, big guns. Now it does have some flaws, but overall I was very happy i saw it.  I really liked that Terrence Howard was in this film, (you can see him in Crash and Hustle and Flow) <= very good actor. Go see this!

+
Guns, killing
rated R

-
unexplanable solutions to problems.
no nudity

?
John Singleton made something good again

=
Go see this in theaters.

Next tuesday I have 40yr Old Virgin so look for my Review.

This post has been edited by sulfur: Aug 13 2005, 12:58 AM

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

Thanks for the review of Four Brothers... it looked like total shit to me on the previews, but now I might get my bud at the theater to take me.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:11:00 AM »

Thanks for the review!
I wasnt too sure if Four Brothers was gonna be good or not.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »

I jaw finished red eye and it was totally retarded.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

Just watched Red Eye, and I really want the 75 minutes back, one of the worst films I've seen - normally I enjoy even crappy films, but this one just never got going.

sulfur

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Aug 22 2005, 05:29 AM)
I jaw finished red eye and it was totally retarded.

QUOTE(chilin_dude @ Aug 29 2005, 06:06 AM)
Just watched Red Eye, and I really want the 75 minutes back, one of the worst films I've seen - normally I enjoy even crappy films, but this one just never got going.

Alot of reviews sites i've visited have Red Eye as good and Four Brothers as bad. I was thinking i must have seen a different verison, untill you guys replyed.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

red eye was just a shitty story... theres is ABS no way to make a good movie out of a story that bad... Cillian Murphy was really good in it, though the character was a bit shit at times...