xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Interpreter Review  (Read 150 times)

sulfur

• Archived User
The Interpreter Review
« on: April 20, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

I saw The Interpreter last night, had a few problems while i was there. Atlanta had some watter issue with Philps Plaza mall, so I was unable to use the restroom and I wasn't able to get anything to eat so that kinda sucked. Now onto the review.

Would like to thank WSBTV and Shakefire.com for having the screening.  So this movie has Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn. Which to me in this movie felt i felt didn't work that well. Both of these stars are great as standalone, but it seemed to not work when they were together.  There was like 3-4+ different themes which seemed kinda dumb togethere. By themes I mean, part of the movie is action movie, the other part is a mystery and another is a love story, and there is the African theme. It seemed like the whole movie was to much of a compromise between these. When an action scene was happening i was like, sweet! and then another theme came, i was like huh? and then it switches to another theme. ( i'm trying not to have any spoilers, so bear with me). At time I felt like i was watching The Fugitive and I dreamed of Africa.

Another probelm was the climax of the movie, (the WTF?!? scene) was in the middle not at the end for me. The scene I'm talking about is the scene on the bus(not saying anymore). That scene was neatly done, which made me think i was in for a treat.

Another scene that stood out that i hated was, where nicole kidman is looking at a photograph from Afirca and she hears voices.

+:
2 good stars
Good WTF scene.
minor actors did a good job

-:
stars didn't seem to work quite right, something seemed off
Donot have voices from the past.
too many themes
Was a bit confused, some questions weren't answered,
PG-13

=:
see this movie if your a diehard Kidman or Penn fan or your stuck going or if you cna see it for free (like i did)

Note: Laptop battery running low, will finish up and add more when i get home.

This post has been edited by sulfur: Apr 20 2005, 10:27 PM

gcskate27

• Archived User
The Interpreter Review
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

guess it wasnt that good?  ;)

sulfur

• Archived User
The Interpreter Review
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Apr 20 2005, 04:15 PM)
guess it wasnt that good?  ;)

i was having internet connection issues, so i edited post and made it blank so it wouldn't be imcomplete.