xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: White Noise  (Read 234 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
White Noise
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

anyone else looking forward to this movie? could suck ass but has potential to be creepy... i recently went to see Saw and there were like 10 horror trailers, this one being the most promissing...

cant wait to see it even though stuff like that creeps me out (which is odd seeing as im agnostic for all intents and purposes)...

*side note: Saw has some fucked up things in it and is pretty good for being low budget**... the one that bothered me the most was the girl/closet scene, that shit would freak me out...

**and yes i know theres a Saw thread i just got off topic and dont feel like reposting in there...  wink.gif

Baner

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

I'm waiting for Boogey Man wink.gif

I'm not really into the scary/thriller type movies, I'll go occasionally with my girl but that's it.

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

I just watched the trailer to this movie and damn it looks good, oh and for the record not sure if ya know this or not but those first voices you hear where they say there real, well they are, there not just part of the movie, i have heard those on the net like a year ago, theres more too, ones of little kids in a graveyard singing and shit, man its very creepy, google that shit and listen for yourself, trust me your life changes after hearing that shit.

gcskate27

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

http://www.aaevp.com - american assoc of electronic voice phenomena...

has some of those clips but the preview put false backstories on them... damn creepy...  wink.gif

This post has been edited by gcskate27: Nov 5 2004, 04:59 AM

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

Ya that is some damn creepy shit, im almost temted to try it myself but wont in fear of looking like a fool for trying wink.gif......or for finding somthing out that i dont think i would be able to handle  unsure.gif

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

Do ya think this EVP thing might be what was actually going on in the 60's and 70's with the satan speaking if ya played a record backwards and shit like that??

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

gcskate27

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

ill check that stuff out tomorrow... during the day... when other people are awake... unsure.gif

Ronnie

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »

I just saw some ghost shit on CMT and later that night on coast to coast am.They talked about this movie and the people who recorded the voices said they were involved with the movie.

While watching the ghost show and also listening to the radio show I thought that if they didnt tell me what the ghost were saying I wouldnt think they were saying anything.
Without them saying "the ghost says hello" or whatever I couldnt understand anything.
You really need them to tell you what to listen for and then you will hear it.I cant say that helps the case for these people but thats the way it is for me.

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

Ya and then ya kinda have to wonder if maybe cause were being told what to hear that were only hearing it for that reason, maybe it isnt saying hello but it sounds like it is after someone tells us to hear it that way......i think it defeats the purpose of telling ya what its saying if ya cant hear it yourself,....then ya gotta ask, why do THEY hear hello, what if i hear Fellow? or fzzzzap pop.....i mean that might be all it is, feedback...but then agian it is spooky non the less  unsure.gif

Ronnie

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

Thats what Im saying.Maybe I use to many word and I confuse people but I thought I was clear.  dry.gif

Anyway I agree that they shouldnt tell people what the ghosts are saying.

play it a few times give me a second to think about it then offer your interpretation .

socrates

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

Thats what Im saying.Maybe I use to many word and I confuse people but I thought I was clear. 

laugh.gif  STFU man lol my bad.

gcskate27

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »

yeah i know i had another thread about this and i was gonna post in it but its not on the 2 pages and i dont wanna search for it because i wanted to make a new thread anyway... and on to the review...

i was looking forward to this movie a great deal... im interested in the paranormal, though i dont believe in a lot of it, so this movie peaked my interest: especially as it had michael keeton who rules... anyway, this movie was a huge letdown... i would not see it again even when it comes on cable... they took a really interesting idea and a very promising plot and totally missed the target...

the movie should have been slow and suspenseful, yet they made it frantic and full of 'gremlin scares'*... the evp stuff they fabricated was awful and nowhere near the supposed true evp samples: kind of like the 'hacking' seens in hackers... the characters werent developed at all and the whole movie has a sense of "well thats a bit random"... the acting by keeton, the evp guy and girl are the only passable parts... maybe stuff was left on the cutting room floor that would make the movie better but i cant imagine what would... and on top of all that, the ending is laughabley rediculous...

all and all, not even worth a download... but thats just my opinion... anyone else see this?

*the kind of movie scare where something jumps at the screen or theres a loud noise...

Lazyboy21

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »

I can't wait to see this movie.all the previews look good and this scarey movie has an actual believable story.

sulfur

• Archived User
White Noise
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

Merged Topic.

Side note:

I had tickets to see this, but decided not to go, gave them to a friend he saw it and said it sucked, which was enough for me.