xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Movies & Dvds 12/19-12/25  (Read 141 times)

sulfur

• Archived User
Movies & Dvds 12/19-12/25
« on: December 18, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

Movies:
( * = My pick for the week)

*The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/61/13/48m.jpg)

Starring:
Bill Murray
Owen Wilson
Anjelica Huston
Cate Blanchett

Plot: With a plan to exact revenge on a mythical shark that killed his partner, oceanographer Steve Zissou (Murray) rallies a crew that includes his estranged wife (Huston), a journalist (Blanchett), and a man who may or may not be his son (Wilson).

Fat Albert
(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/81/45/58m.jpg)

Starring:
Kenan Thompson
Kyla Pratt
Omarion
Marques Houston

Plot: Doris Roberts (Pratt) is amazed when her favorite cartoon characters, Fat Albert (Thompson) and the Cosby Kids, step out of her TV and into her world.

*Meet the Fockers

(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/78/14/68m.jpg)

Stars:
Ben Stiller
Robert De Niro
Blythe Danner
Teri Polo
Dustin Hoffman
Barbra Streisand

Plot: With the wedding on nigh, Pam's parents travel to Detroit to meet Jack's mom and dad.

Darkness

(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/98/14/68m.jpg)

Stars:
Anna Paquin
Lena Olin
Iain Glen

Plot: Teenaged Regina moves into a remote countryside house with her family, only to discover that their new digs has a horrifying past that threatens to destroy the family.

*The Woodsman (limited)

(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/52/48/58m.jpg)

Stars:
Kevin Bacon
Kyra Sedgwick
Mos Def

Plot: A paroled sex offender (Bacon) returns to his hometown and attempts to rebuild his life.

*The Phantom of the Opera (limited)

(IMG:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/84/28/48m.jpg)

Stars:
Gerard Butler
Emmy Rossum
Patrick Wilson

Plot: A disfigured musical genius (Butler) hides away in the Paris Opera House, longing for the love of a beautiful young singer (Rossum).

Dvds:

The Manchurian Candidate ®

Soldiers are brainwashed during the Gulf War. (Denzel Washington [Bennett Marco], Liev Schreiber [Raymond Shaw], Meryl Streep [Raymond's Mother])

King Arthur (PG-13)

The legend behind the story of King Arthur. (Clive Owen [King Arthur], Stephen Dillane [Merlin], Keira Knightley [Guinevere])

*Napoleon Dynamite (PG)

Lovable loser helps his friend get elected class president. (John Heder, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino)

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (PG-13)

Huge snakes attack a scientific expedition. (Johnny Messner, Morris Chestnut, Eugene Byrd)

Two Brothers (PG)

Two tiger cubs are separated and live separate lives. (Guy Pearce, Jean-Claude Dreyfus, Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu)

*Shaun of the Dead ®

A couple of slackers battle blood-thirsty zombies. (Simon Pegg [Shaun], Kate Ashfield [Liz], Nick Frost [Ed])

De-Lovely (PG-13)

Renowned musician Cole Porter looks back on his life. (Kevin Kline [Cole Porter], Ashley Judd [Linda Porter], Keith Allen [Irving Berlin])

Surviving Christmas (PG-13)

A man spends Christmas with total strangers. (Ben Affleck [Drew Latham], Christina Applegate [Alicia Valco], James Gandolfini [Tom Valco])

Thunderbirds (PG)

Family of high-tech rescuers must foil global bank robber. (Bill Paxton [Jeff Tracy], Brady Corbet [Alan Tracy], Ben Kingsley [The Hood])

Young Black Stallion (G)

200 American (Not Rated)

The 4400: The Complete First Season (Not Rated)

Alien Species (Not Rated)

Anything But Love (Not Rated)

Boys Klub

Brett Favre: On & Off the Field (Not Rated)

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease (Not Rated)

Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip (Not Rated)

Carros Classico De Cuba (Not Rated)

Dance Fitness for Beginners: African Beat - Latin (Not Rated)

Dance Fitness for Beginners: Urban Street Heat (Not Rated)

Danny Deckchair (PG-13)

Man escapes his hometown in chair with helium balloons. (Rhys Ifans [Danny Morgan], Miranda Otto [Glenda Lake], Justine Clarke [Trudy Dunphy])

Dream Warrior (Not Rated)

Duelo En El Desierto (Not Rated)

El Beso Que Me Diste (Not Rated)

El Mundo Del Talisman (Not Rated)

El Zorro De Jalisco (Not Rated)

Focused (Not Rated)

Haunted House (Not Rated)

Headcases: People with Problems (Not Rated)

Inspiracion

Just The Facts: Executive Branch of Government (Not Rated)

Just The Facts: Government Set

La Vida Segunmuriel (Not Rated)

Las Nuevas Aventuras De Pinocchio (Not Rated)

Last Captive: UK Awards (Not Rated)

The Last Ride (Not Rated)

Little Italy (Not Rated)

Los Debutantes (Not Rated)

Marcelino Pan Y Vino (Not Rated)

Modelo Antiguo (Not Rated)

New Ballet Workout (Not Rated)

No Habra Mas Penas Ni Olvido (Not Rated)

Paraiso B (Not Rated)

Pursued ®

Hi-tech exec must protect himself from murderous headhunter. (Christian Slater, Gil Bellows, Michael Clarke Duncan)

Rod TV Volume 4: Turning Point (Not Rated)

Rompe Alba (Not Rated)

Ruth Duckworth: A Life In Clay (Not Rated)

Sangre En El Barrio (Not Rated)

Sex Symbols (Not Rated)

Shadows of the Dead (Not Rated)

The Simpsons: The Complete Fifth Season (Not Rated)

Stander ®

Apartheid-era police officer becomes bank robber. (Thomas Jane, Ashley Taylor, David Patrick O'Hara)

Star Trek Voyager: Season Seven (Not Rated)

Star Trek Voyager: The Complete Series (Not Rated)

Stott Pilates: Be Kind to Your Spine (Not Rated)

Stott Pilates: Simple Stretches (Not Rated)

Texhnolyze Volume 5: Lies & Despair (Not Rated)

Una Sombra Ya Prono Seras (Not Rated)

Vampiros En La Habana (Not Rated)

Where the Red Fern Grows (Not Rated)

Who Gets The House? (Not Rated)

update more later.

This post has been edited by sulfur: Dec 19 2004, 05:00 PM

RonnieIsBack

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

Is it cool to post here???

Ok so youre making yourself a movie reviewer or at the very least a movie recommender...why pin this?

Ok so have you see any other Wes Anderson movies???I have and I actually bought 1 of them.The trailors never reflect how the movie really is.The jokes are so spread out you cant call his movies comedies.
They suck so badly.He thinks he makes funny movies and I had hoped the DVD I bought would be funny but I never once laughed out loud during it.The man makes horrible movies and gets away with it because it is "smart" comedy.Yeah right!They suck.

Meet the Fockers looks funny and I did like the first.
Fat Albert....um no.Seriously  ;)

Darkness looks like it will be close to 13 Ghosts or some other unscarey movie.There are so many lame as attempts to make a horror film and none ever come close to scaring me.The last good horror movie had a bit of action but still was horror.It was Dawn of the Dead.Incredible movie.Also check out the trailor for Constantine.This movie look so awesome.I really cant wait for it to come out.

Woodsman...dont know nothing about it.
Phantom of the opera is not for me.

DVDs-
Napoleon Dynamite-I said it before I thought it looked very retarded.I could possibly rent it.

King Arthur-OMG SOOOOOO HORRIBLE.What a piece of shit movie.

De-Lovely-  :ph34r:

"The Simpsons": 5th Season-Simpsons sucked for the first 2 or 3 seasons.You cant argue with that.At this point the show was actually funny so Ill say this is a good pick.

Anacondas-If its was good as the first I probably wont watch this one either  :lol:

This post has been edited by RonnieIsBack: Dec 19 2004, 02:00 AM

sulfur

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

Is it cool to post here???

Ok so youre making yourself a movie reviewer or at the very least a movie recommender...why pin this?

Yes it is cool to post here.

I have this topic pinned so everyone can see whats coming to theater this week and whats coming to dvd. All i do in addition to this is make a little star on what i think it going to be a good movie.

Ok so have you see any other Wes Anderson movies???I have and I actually bought 1 of them.The trailors never reflect how the movie really is.The jokes are so spread out you cant call his movies comedies.
They suck so badly.He thinks he makes funny movies and I had hoped the DVD I bought would be funny but I never once laughed out loud during it.The man makes horrible movies and gets away with it because it is "smart" comedy.Yeah right!They suck.

I have seen all of Wes Anderson movies. I think he takes a different aproach to making  films and he does a good job in doing so. I actually had a pass for this movie but i didn't get it in the mail till the day after the screening. I enjoy his movies i have The Royal Tenenbaums on dvd. It was worth buying.

Meet the Fockers looks funny and I did like the first.
Fat Albert....um no.Seriously

I agree.

Darkness looks like it will be close to 13 Ghosts or some other unscarey movie.There are so many lame as attempts to make a horror film and none ever come close to scaring me.The last good horror movie had a bit of action but still was horror.It was Dawn of the Dead.Incredible movie.Also check out the trailor for Constantine.This movie look so awesome.I really cant wait for it to come out.

I agree. Constantine should be great.

DVDs-
Napoleon Dynamite-I said it before I thought it looked very retarded.I could possibly rent it.

King Arthur-OMG SOOOOOO HORRIBLE.What a piece of shit movie.

De-Lovely- ph34r.gif

"The Simpsons": 5th Season-Simpsons sucked for the first 2 or 3 seasons.You cant argue with that.At this point the show was actually funny so Ill say this is a good pick.

Anacondas-If its was good as the first I probably wont watch this one either laugh.gif

ND - is by far the funniest movie I've seen this year, although shawn of the dead was funny too, but it is not really a comedy.

shawn of the dead - great movie. go buy it.

King Arthur - bah so disapointed.

The rest of the dvds are not worth me typing out how bad they are.

This post has been edited by sulfur: Dec 19 2004, 09:56 PM

RonnieIsBack

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

I bought TRT too.I never saw it in the theaters but the trailors and tv ads made me buy it.
I watched it and thought to myself wtf???I am not lying to you,I wanted to like this movie.I bought it didnt I?I dont like when I waste my money on crap and after watching it thats kinda how I felt.
It may be a good movie but its not funny and I know thats what he intended it to be.
The fake interview show was very strange and thats really how the movie was.I didnt laugh at that either.It was so...weird.

Looking at the previews for the life aquatic makes me want to see it but I know I will be as let down as I was with TRT and Rushmore.

The reason TRT is the cheapest criterion dvd ever is because no one wants to see it.Even after being out for years the dvd is still cheap as hell and thats now how it is for any other criterion collection release.

If you know about any other good movies coming out  please continue to post them.