xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audition  (Read 271 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Audition
« on: December 08, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

anyone seen this? i watched it after seeing 100 Scariest Movie Moments on bravo (pretty good little rundown, much better than the endless lists of stupid crap on vh1)... slow buildup, just like most japanese horror, but has aspects that i doubt an american director would do...

someone in the bravo series said "the only people really doing horror now are the japanese" and id sort of agree with that, though there are some coming out here that i want to see (most notably white noise)... i wasnt at all impressed with the ring (which i saw before ringu, which didnt impress me at all)... the grudge actually surprised me with how creepy parts were, i originally thought itd be retarded witht he cg meowing kid and all... the japanese version i saw later and felt it was lacking... the additions made in the american version actually added to it for a change...

in any case, good, creepy, non-supernatural horror movie that will most def make you feel severly uncomfortable in some scenes... ;)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »

Elaborate maybe?

I know it must be hard seeing as you spent your entire post going off-topic, but whats this movie about?

sulfur

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »

i havn't seen this movie yet, but I am really excited about it. on a side note have you seen Iche the Killer?

Ween311

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

I'm not so sure about Japanese horror movies.  Some of them can be quite creepy and have great build up and anticipation (what makes it scary in my opinion) but are very lacking in any resolution.  Its like the whole movie is just nothing but anticipation.  But, what is the premise of Audition?

gcskate27

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 8 2004, 03:01 AM)
Elaborate maybe?

I know it must be hard seeing as you spent your entire post going off-topic, but whats this movie about?

premise is: guys wife dies so hes raising his son alone... his son advises him to remarry so he tries to find a wife... his friend sets up an audition for a fake movie so he can choose from a pool of talented 'winners' as opposed to random people on the street... he chooses a chick who turns out to be psycho... hyjinks ensue...

Ween311

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

Sounds like it might be pretty interesting.  I'll have to check it out.

mantra666

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

sounds pretty cool. Im gonna buy ichi the killer soon. Check out battle royale its awesome, dont know about the sequel though anyone seen it?

nemt

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

It's quite good, but also quite gross.  Another great Japanese horror flick is The Eye.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

i thought the eye was korean... but yeah the first 3/4 of that movie are great, but it ends in the most typical way for a ghost movie to end...

jbp20717

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

If you liked Audition you should definitely watch Dark Water (better and "scarier" imo) - if you didn't really like Ringu then, whatever you do, DO NOT WATCH RINGU 2!

I dunno about Battle Royale, the premise for the movie is good and the ending is unexpected, if a bit tame compared to the rest of the story, but I keep falling asleep in the middle :boring:

This post has been edited by jbp20717: Dec 17 2004, 01:34 AM

nemt

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

The Battle Royale movies aren't meant to be horror films, they're more action based.

Battle Royale    - 8.5/10
Battle Royale 2 - 4/10

sulfur

• Archived User
Audition
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

Battle Royale = a great movie. freakin awsome story. great death scenes, lots of blood. gets everything acomplished that i want in a horror/action/thriller movie. never saw the 2nd one since it wasn't by the same director and everyone hated it.

The eye = I started this movie about 3 times and always got interupted so it going to be a while before i watched it again or try to. It was good from what i saw.